|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
2. Who is responsible for the mysterious deaths of the chief and all his successors?
(c) Sam Feathers.
3. During which season do Jarrod and Louise attend prom together?
4. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
(b) Baton Rouge.
5. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
(a) Alan Barks.
(b) Tomas Frank.
(c) Will Mayes.
(d) Charlie Delay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true in the story "Wash"?
2. Although she is beautiful, which of the following adjectives best describes Herman Basket's sister?
3. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
4. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
5. At the end of the story "Turnabout," how does Borgard feel about the young English soldier he rescued?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)