|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
2. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) Aireal Barnam.
(b) Jet Away and Fly.
(c) The Company of Wings.
(d) Royal Flying Corps.
3. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
(d) Four days.
4. In the story "Victory," what country is the man visiting when he pretends to be an aristocrat?
5. Where is David Hogganbeck when he nearly loses his life in competition?
(a) On a riverboat.
(b) In the jungle.
(c) In a cave.
(d) On a mountaintop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Indians searching for the slave?
2. Where does Borgard find the young, drunken English soldier?
3. What type of animal does Spoomer keep as a pet?
4. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
5. According to Indian tradition, what must the chief's slave do after the chief dies?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)