|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following activities would one use a scythe for?
(a) Removing cotton from its casing.
(b) Cutting grain.
(c) Entertaining children.
(d) Rowing a boat.
2. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
3. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what engineering challenge does he create?
(a) A boat-building competition.
(b) A fence-building competition.
(c) A teepee-building competition.
(d) A bridge-building competition.
4. Which of the following events does NOT happen in the story "Honor"?
(a) The husband and wife have a child together.
(b) The lover and husband dual.
(c) The husband takes the wife back.
(d) The lover leaves the woman
5. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
(a) He desperately wants to marry her.
(b) He does not want to marry her.
(c) He is apathetic about marrying her.
(d) He is not sure if he wants to marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does the president discuss "the situation" of the Indians near his quarters?
2. Where is David Hogganbeck when he nearly loses his life in competition?
3. How many pilots make up the stunt team in the story "Death Drag"?
4. In the story "Red Leaves," how many Indians are searching for the chief's slave?
5. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)