|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who contacts Jarrod telling him to meet the King family immediately at a resort?
(a) Mr. King.
(b) Mrs. King.
(c) Dr Martino.
(d) Louise King.
2. Which of the following modes of transportation is seen speeding away at the end of the story "Honor"?
(a) A horse and carriage.
(b) A steamboat.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A train.
3. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true in the story "Wash"?
(a) Wash kills his boss.
(b) Wash sets his house on fire.
(c) Wash kills his granddaughter.
(d) Wash kills himself.
5. What type of animal does Spoomer keep as a pet?
(a) A cat.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Crevasse," how are the first 12 soldiers killed?
2. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
3. How did Hawkshaw's fiance die?
4. During which of the following holidays do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet?
5. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)