|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Borgard hold in his Army battalion?
2. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
(a) Charlie Delay.
(b) Alan Barks.
(c) Tomas Frank.
(d) Will Mayes.
3. How does Alec Gray react when he is sent to spend time in the penal battalion?
(a) He takes the punishment silently.
(b) He punches his commanding officer.
(c) He kills his commanding officer.
(d) He shouts at his commanding officer.
4. While Alec Gray is in the Army, what is his relationship with his family?
(b) He misses his family.
(d) He has no family.
5. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sam Father's real birth name?
2. Where are the Indians searching for the slave?
3. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
4. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
5. Which of the following characters says, "The only way to feel alive is to do things you are afraid to do."
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)