|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the young boy to whom Sam Fathers is telling his life story?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
2. In which city do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet in the story "Dr Martino"?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) New Orleans.
3. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
4. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
(a) A long, gray hair.
(b) A lipstick stained kiss.
(c) A fresh, red rose.
(d) A shiny gold key.
5. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
(a) His horse.
(b) His cattle.
(c) His oxen.
(d) His dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
2. What request does Pappy make of Doom when Doom returns to his tribe?
3. On what type of boat does the English soldier take Borgard?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the competition between David Hogganbeck and Ikkemotubbe?
5. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)