|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following activities would one use a scythe for?
(a) Cutting grain.
(b) Removing cotton from its casing.
(c) Rowing a boat.
(d) Entertaining children.
2. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) Royal Flying Corps.
(b) Aireal Barnam.
(c) Jet Away and Fly.
(d) The Company of Wings.
3. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
4. According to Indian tradition, what must the chief's slave do after the chief dies?
(a) Marry the chief's wife.
(b) Be sold to another Indian chief.
(c) Be banished into the wilderness.
(d) Be buried next to the chief.
5. What devastating fact does Pappy find out about the black woman he is in love with?
(a) She is racist.
(b) She is already married.
(c) She is barren.
(d) She does not love him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following relatives does Elly live with in the story "Elly"?
2. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
3. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
4. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
5. What is it about Paul de Montigny that makes him an unsuitable boyfriend for Elly?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)