|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the president discuss "the situation" of the Indians near his quarters?
(a) His secretary.
(b) His wife.
(c) The senate.
(d) His vice president.
2. What is the only thing Emily's father leaves to her in his will?
(a) A bank account full of money.
(b) A house.
(c) A horse.
(d) A servant.
3. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
4. What is Alec Gray punished for NOT doing in the Army?
(c) Making his bed.
(d) Shining his shoes.
5. Who is responsible for the mysterious deaths of the chief and all his successors?
(c) Sam Feathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alec Gray react when he is sent to spend time in the penal battalion?
2. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
3. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
4. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
5. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what engineering challenge does he create?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)