|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following holidays is Georgie anxiously anticipating in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
(d) His birthday.
2. In the story "Lo," how does the president spy on the two Indians near his office?
(a) Through the telegraph system.
(b) With a mirror.
(c) With a cup to the door.
(d) Through the cracks in the fence.
3. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
4. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
(a) He desperately wants to marry her.
(b) He is apathetic about marrying her.
(c) He is not sure if he wants to marry her.
(d) He does not want to marry her.
5. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
(a) A fish.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Alec Gray?
2. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
3. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
4. How is the narrator of the story "Pennsylvania Station" related to the dead woman?
5. During which of the following holidays do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)