|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cow.
(c) A dog.
(d) A goat.
2. What position does Borgard hold in his Army battalion?
3. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
(a) A bird.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A fish.
(d) A kitten.
4. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
(a) Alan Barks.
(b) Will Mayes.
(c) Tomas Frank.
(d) Charlie Delay.
5. What is the name of the Indian man Herman Basket's sister marries?
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
2. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
3. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
4. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
5. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)