|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
2. Where is the resort where the King family meets Jarrod?
(a) In South Dakota.
(b) In Mississippi.
(c) In Arkansas.
(d) In Florida.
3. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what type of fight does he arrange?
(a) A cowboy's dual.
(b) A fistfight.
(c) A dog fight.
(d) A cock fight.
4. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
(a) A recruiter.
(b) An investigator.
(c) A parson.
(d) A marshal.
5. Which of the following relatives does Elly live with in the story "Elly"?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the story "Crevasse," what is the injured man in the corner doing?
2. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
3. In the story "A Courtship," what does David Hogganbeck drive for a living?
4. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
5. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)