|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them run.
(b) He tells them to pray.
(c) He tells them to fight.
(d) He tells them join.
2. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
3. How does the husband react when he hears of his wife's affair in the story "Honor"?
(a) He is outraged.
(b) He gives his approval.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is devastated.
4. What race is Wash, from the story "Wash"?
(a) He is white.
(b) He is biracial.
(c) He is black.
(d) He is Native American.
5. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
(a) Because the horse she is riding is dangerous.
(b) Because Louise has been forbidden to ride the horses by her mother.
(c) Because he is angry with Louise for lying to him.
(d) Because he does not want to be seen with Louise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Emily's father leaves to her in his will?
2. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
3. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
4. How is the narrator of the story "Pennsylvania Station" related to the dead woman?
5. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)