|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the common men feel about Harrison Blair's obsession with the same fox?
(a) They are impressed.
(b) They are outraged.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are annoyed.
2. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
3. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
(a) His oxen.
(b) His cattle.
(c) His dog.
(d) His horse.
4. In the story "Victory," what country is the man visiting when he pretends to be an aristocrat?
5. What type of snake bites the runaway slave in the story "Red Leaves"?
(b) Black mamba.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alec Gray loses his job, what does he use to iron his clothes?
2. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what type of fight does he arrange?
3. When Alec Gray loses his job, where is he forced to bathe?
4. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
5. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)