|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wasteland Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
2. According to Indian tradition, what must the chief's slave do after the chief dies?
(a) Be banished into the wilderness.
(b) Be buried next to the chief.
(c) Marry the chief's wife.
(d) Be sold to another Indian chief.
3. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
4. How old is the young boy to whom Sam Fathers is telling his life story?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
5. What happens to Satoris at the end of the story "All the Dead Pilots"?
(a) He is captured by enemy soldiers.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He forgives Spoomer.
(d) He is kicked out of the Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers survive to the end of the story "Crevasse"?
2. During which war was the Day of Armistice?
3. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
4. Which of the following about Indian culture does NOT embarrass the president?
5. In the story "Red Leaves," how many Indians are searching for the chief's slave?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)