|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wasteland Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
(a) His living room sofa.
(b) His drapes.
(c) His dining room table.
(d) His carpet.
2. Where does Tom-Tom dispose of the scrap metal Flem Snopes has been hiding?
(a) In the boiler.
(b) In the water tank.
(c) In the incinerator.
(d) In the garbage dump.
3. What is another word for "crevasse"?
4. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
5. According to Indian tradition, what must the chief's slave do after the chief dies?
(a) Be buried next to the chief.
(b) Be sold to another Indian chief.
(c) Be banished into the wilderness.
(d) Marry the chief's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alec Gray loses his job, what does he use to iron his clothes?
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Alec Gray?
3. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
4. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
5. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)