|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wasteland Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
2. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
(a) Eight hours late.
(b) Two hours late.
(c) Six hours late.
(d) Four hours late.
3. Which of the following stories is the sequel to "Two Soldiers"?
(a) "Bear Hunt."
(b) "Barn Burning."
(c) "Shall Not Perish."
(d) "The Tall Men."
4. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
(a) Full-blooded Native American.
(b) Half black, half white
(c) Half Native American, half white
(d) Half Native American, half black.
5. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
(a) She throws a party, celebrating her father's life.
(b) She cries continually for three days.
(c) She denies that her father is dead.
(d) She decides not to go into mourning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Borgard hold in his Army battalion?
2. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
3. Why do the Native Americans want to hold a trial for the chief's nephew in the white man's court?
4. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
5. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)