|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wasteland Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
(a) Ignore the Indians.
(b) Fear the Indians.
(c) Befriend the Indians.
(d) Kill the Indians.
2. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
(a) His drapes.
(b) His dining room table.
(c) His living room sofa.
(d) His carpet.
3. Who is responsible for the mysterious deaths of the chief and all his successors?
(a) Sam Feathers.
4. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
(a) The police office.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The school.
(d) The church.
5. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their socks.
(b) Their hats.
(c) Their bow ties.
(d) Their collars.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
2. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
3. What is Alec Gray punished for NOT doing in the Army?
4. After he left his tribe, where did Doom settle?
5. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)