|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wasteland Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Emily Grierson when she dies?
2. In the story "A Courtship," what does David Hogganbeck drive for a living?
(a) A fighter jet.
(b) A steamboat.
(c) A taxi cab.
(d) A tractor.
3. How does the Indian chief communicate with the president in the story "Lo"?
(a) Through smoke signals.
(b) Through telephone calls.
(c) Through messengers.
(d) Through letters.
4. In the story "Crevasse," how are the first 12 soldiers killed?
(a) In an avalanche.
(b) In a tornado.
(c) In a monsoon.
(d) In a hurricane.
5. While Alec Gray is in the Army, what is his relationship with his family?
(a) He misses his family.
(c) He has no family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following stories is the sequel to "Two Soldiers"?
2. At the end of the story "Turnabout," how does Borgard feel about the young English soldier he rescued?
3. After he left his tribe, where did Doom settle?
4. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
5. Which of the following about Indian culture does NOT embarrass the president?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)