|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wilderness stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
(a) He lives in Memphis.
(b) He is a drug addict.
(c) He is married to a prostitute.
(d) He has three sons.
2. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
(a) None of the above, all the characters die.
(b) Paul de Montigny.
3. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
4. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
(a) A lipstick stained kiss.
(b) A fresh, red rose.
(c) A shiny gold key.
(d) A long, gray hair.
5. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sam Father's real birth name?
2. In the story "Red Leaves," how many Indians are searching for the chief's slave?
3. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
4. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
5. What is it about Paul de Montigny that makes him an unsuitable boyfriend for Elly?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)