|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wilderness stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Indian tradition, what must the chief's slave do after the chief dies?
(a) Be buried next to the chief.
(b) Be sold to another Indian chief.
(c) Marry the chief's wife.
(d) Be banished into the wilderness.
2. Although she is beautiful, which of the following adjectives best describes Herman Basket's sister?
3. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them join.
(b) He tells them run.
(c) He tells them to fight.
(d) He tells them to pray.
4. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
5. How does the Indian chief communicate with the president in the story "Lo"?
(a) Through telephone calls.
(b) Through letters.
(c) Through messengers.
(d) Through smoke signals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
2. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
3. Where are the Indians searching for the slave?
4. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
5. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)