|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wilderness stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her father.
2. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their socks.
(b) Their collars.
(c) Their bow ties.
(d) Their hats.
3. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
(a) Half black, half white
(b) Half Native American, half black.
(c) Half Native American, half white
(d) Full-blooded Native American.
4. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
(a) He is a dentist.
(b) He is a stylist.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a barber.
5. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
(a) From the Internet.
(b) From the newspaper.
(c) From the radio.
(d) From the television.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
2. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
3. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
4. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
5. What is the only thing Emily's father leaves to her in his will?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)