|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wilderness stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a dentist.
(c) He is a barber.
(d) He is a stylist.
2. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
(c) Paul de Montigny.
(d) None of the above, all the characters die.
3. Which of the following stories is the sequel to "Two Soldiers"?
(a) "The Tall Men."
(b) "Bear Hunt."
(c) "Shall Not Perish."
(d) "Barn Burning."
4. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A bird.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A fish.
5. In the story "Lo," how does the president spy on the two Indians near his office?
(a) Through the telegraph system.
(b) With a cup to the door.
(c) Through the cracks in the fence.
(d) With a mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
2. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
3. With whom does the president discuss "the situation" of the Indians near his quarters?
4. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
5. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)