|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wilderness stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A bird.
(c) A fish.
(d) A kitten.
2. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
(a) Will Mayes.
(b) Alan Barks.
(c) Charlie Delay.
(d) Tomas Frank.
3. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
4. How long did Doom live away from his tribe?
(a) Seventeen years.
(b) Twenty-seven years.
(c) Thirty-seven years.
(d) Seven years.
5. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Indian chief communicate with the president in the story "Lo"?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
3. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
4. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
5. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)