|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wilderness stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
2. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
(a) To get the Indians off his land.
(b) To appease the townsfolk.
(c) To punish the nephew to the fullest extent of the law.
(d) To fool the Indians into thinking that he understands the law.
3. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The police office.
(c) The school.
(d) The church.
4. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her teeth.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her eyes.
5. How long did Doom live away from his tribe?
(a) Thirty-seven years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Twenty-seven years.
(d) Seventeen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of snake bites the runaway slave in the story "Red Leaves"?
2. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
3. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the competition between David Hogganbeck and Ikkemotubbe?
5. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)