|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wilderness stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
2. In the story "Lo," how does the president spy on the two Indians near his office?
(a) With a cup to the door.
(b) With a mirror.
(c) Through the telegraph system.
(d) Through the cracks in the fence.
3. Which of the following holidays is Georgie anxiously anticipating in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
(d) His birthday.
4. What request does Pappy make of Doom when Doom returns to his tribe?
(a) To be married.
(b) To be made a warrior.
(c) To be set free of his tribe.
(d) To be made chief.
5. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what engineering challenge does he create?
(a) A boat-building competition.
(b) A bridge-building competition.
(c) A teepee-building competition.
(d) A fence-building competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following vehicles does Uncle Willy crash, killing himself?
2. According to Indian tradition, what must the chief's slave do after the chief dies?
3. Which of the following about Indian culture does NOT embarrass the president?
4. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
5. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)