|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wilderness stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
(a) A fish.
(b) A bird.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A puppy.
2. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
(a) A goat.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cow.
3. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what engineering challenge does he create?
(a) A fence-building competition.
(b) A boat-building competition.
(c) A teepee-building competition.
(d) A bridge-building competition.
4. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
5. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
(a) His head.
(b) His leg.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
2. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
3. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
4. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
5. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)