|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wilderness stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is David Hogganbeck when he nearly loses his life in competition?
(a) In a cave.
(b) On a mountaintop.
(c) On a riverboat.
(d) In the jungle.
2. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) His voice goes mute.
(b) His body develops a nervous tic.
(c) His stomach isn't able to digest food.
(d) His hair turns white.
3. What happens to Minnie on the first day she leaves her apartment after the attack?
(a) She has a nervous breakdown.
(b) She is ignored by everyone she encounters.
(c) She is cheered as a hero.
(d) She is beaten up by an angry mob.
4. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
5. Where does Tom-Tom dispose of the scrap metal Flem Snopes has been hiding?
(a) In the boiler.
(b) In the garbage dump.
(c) In the water tank.
(d) In the incinerator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
2. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
3. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
4. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
5. According to Indian tradition, what must the chief's slave do after the chief dies?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)