|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wilderness stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
(a) From the newspaper.
(b) From the television.
(c) From the Internet.
(d) From the radio.
2. Who is responsible for the mysterious deaths of the chief and all his successors?
(c) Sam Feathers.
3. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
(a) Tomas Frank.
(b) Alan Barks.
(c) Charlie Delay.
(d) Will Mayes.
4. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her son.
5. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
(a) Eight hours late.
(b) Two hours late.
(c) Six hours late.
(d) Four hours late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
3. With whom does the president discuss "the situation" of the Indians near his quarters?
4. According to Indian tradition, what must the chief's slave do after the chief dies?
5. Which of the following vehicles does Uncle Willy crash, killing himself?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)