|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wilderness stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Paul de Montigny that makes him an unsuitable boyfriend for Elly?
(a) He is biracial.
(b) He is poor.
(c) He is black.
(d) He is uneducated.
2. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is an architect.
(d) He is a doctor.
3. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) His stomach isn't able to digest food.
(b) His hair turns white.
(c) His voice goes mute.
(d) His body develops a nervous tic.
4. What type of snake bites the runaway slave in the story "Red Leaves"?
(b) Black mamba.
5. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A bird.
(d) A fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
2. Of what crime is the nephew of the Indian chief in the story "Lo" accused?
3. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
4. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
5. Who shoots Abner Snope?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)