|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wilderness stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Indian man Herman Basket's sister marries?
2. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them join.
(b) He tells them to fight.
(c) He tells them run.
(d) He tells them to pray.
3. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) His body develops a nervous tic.
(b) His stomach isn't able to digest food.
(c) His hair turns white.
(d) His voice goes mute.
4. Where is David Hogganbeck when he nearly loses his life in competition?
(a) On a mountaintop.
(b) In the jungle.
(c) On a riverboat.
(d) In a cave.
5. How did Hawkshaw's fiance die?
(a) From the fever.
(b) From the pox.
(c) From the flu.
(d) From the plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
2. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
3. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
4. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
5. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)