|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wilderness stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
(a) The police office.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The school.
(d) The church.
2. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
3. How long did Doom live away from his tribe?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Thirty-seven years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Twenty-seven years.
4. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
(a) He has three sons.
(b) He lives in Memphis.
(c) He is married to a prostitute.
(d) He is a drug addict.
5. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
(a) Half black, half white
(b) Half Native American, half white
(c) Full-blooded Native American.
(d) Half Native American, half black.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Red Leaves," how many Indians are searching for the chief's slave?
2. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
3. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
4. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
5. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)