|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wilderness stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what crime is the nephew of the Indian chief in the story "Lo" accused?
2. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
3. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
(b) None of the above, all the characters die.
(c) Paul de Montigny.
4. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
(a) His dining room table.
(b) His drapes.
(c) His living room sofa.
(d) His carpet.
5. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
(a) He is kind to them.
(b) He is angry with them.
(c) He confuses them.
(d) He is rude to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Paul de Montigny that makes him an unsuitable boyfriend for Elly?
2. What is the name of Sam Fathers' true father?
3. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
4. After he left his tribe, where did Doom settle?
5. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)