|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
2. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their socks.
(b) Their collars.
(c) Their bow ties.
(d) Their hats.
3. How did Hawkshaw's fiance die?
(a) From the flu.
(b) From the fever.
(c) From the plague.
(d) From the pox.
4. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
(a) His fields.
(b) His house.
(c) His barn.
(d) His church.
5. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
(a) She denies that her father is dead.
(b) She decides not to go into mourning.
(c) She throws a party, celebrating her father's life.
(d) She cries continually for three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
2. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
4. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
5. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)