|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
(a) His arm.
(b) His head.
(c) His leg.
(d) His stomach.
2. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them to fight.
(b) He tells them to pray.
(c) He tells them join.
(d) He tells them run.
3. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
4. Which of the following holidays is Georgie anxiously anticipating in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
(c) His birthday.
5. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
2. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
3. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
4. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
5. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)