|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
2. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
(a) The church.
(b) The cemetary.
(c) The Indian burial ground.
(d) The asylum.
3. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her husband.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
5. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
2. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
3. What is the only thing Emily's father leaves to her in his will?
4. What happens to Minnie on the first day she leaves her apartment after the attack?
5. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)