|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
2. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
(a) She cries continually for three days.
(b) She throws a party, celebrating her father's life.
(c) She denies that her father is dead.
(d) She decides not to go into mourning.
3. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) His voice goes mute.
(b) His body develops a nervous tic.
(c) His stomach isn't able to digest food.
(d) His hair turns white.
4. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
5. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her teeth.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
2. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
3. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
4. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
5. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)