|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
(a) A long, gray hair.
(b) A shiny gold key.
(c) A lipstick stained kiss.
(d) A fresh, red rose.
2. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
3. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
(a) He is not sure if he wants to marry her.
(b) He desperately wants to marry her.
(c) He is apathetic about marrying her.
(d) He does not want to marry her.
4. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
(c) Shortness of breath.
5. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
(a) She denies that her father is dead.
(b) She cries continually for three days.
(c) She throws a party, celebrating her father's life.
(d) She decides not to go into mourning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
2. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
3. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
4. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
5. Where does Tom-Tom dispose of the scrap metal Flem Snopes has been hiding?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)