|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
(a) He desperately wants to marry her.
(b) He is apathetic about marrying her.
(c) He is not sure if he wants to marry her.
(d) He does not want to marry her.
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
3. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
(a) The East.
(b) The North.
(c) The West.
(d) The South.
4. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
(a) From the newspaper.
(b) From the radio.
(c) From the Internet.
(d) From the television.
5. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
(a) Will Mayes.
(b) Alan Barks.
(c) Tomas Frank.
(d) Charlie Delay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following stories is the sequel to "Two Soldiers"?
2. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
3. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
4. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
5. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)