|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
(a) He is kind to them.
(b) He is rude to them.
(c) He is angry with them.
(d) He confuses them.
2. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
3. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
4. Which of the following holidays is Georgie anxiously anticipating in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
(b) His birthday.
5. What is the only thing Emily's father leaves to her in his will?
(a) A house.
(b) A servant.
(c) A horse.
(d) A bank account full of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
2. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
3. Which of the following stories is the sequel to "Two Soldiers"?
4. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
5. How did Hawkshaw's fiance die?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)