|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) His body develops a nervous tic.
(b) His voice goes mute.
(c) His hair turns white.
(d) His stomach isn't able to digest food.
2. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
3. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
4. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
(a) The West.
(b) The South.
(c) The North.
(d) The East.
5. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
(a) She throws a party, celebrating her father's life.
(b) She denies that her father is dead.
(c) She decides not to go into mourning.
(d) She cries continually for three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
2. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
3. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
4. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
5. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)