|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) His voice goes mute.
(b) His body develops a nervous tic.
(c) His stomach isn't able to digest food.
(d) His hair turns white.
2. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cow.
(c) A goat.
(d) A horse.
3. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
(a) None of the above, all the characters die.
(d) Paul de Montigny.
4. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
5. What is the only thing Emily's father leaves to her in his will?
(a) A house.
(b) A bank account full of money.
(c) A horse.
(d) A servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
2. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
3. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
4. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
5. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)