|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following relatives does Elly live with in the story "Elly"?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her mother.
2. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
(a) She decides not to go into mourning.
(b) She throws a party, celebrating her father's life.
(c) She denies that her father is dead.
(d) She cries continually for three days.
3. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
4. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
5. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
(a) The Indian burial ground.
(b) The cemetary.
(c) The church.
(d) The asylum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
2. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
3. Where does Tom-Tom dispose of the scrap metal Flem Snopes has been hiding?
4. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
5. Which of the following things motivates the pilots in "Death Drag" to perform such dangerous tricks when traveling town to town?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)