|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
2. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
3. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His head.
(d) His stomach.
4. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) His hair turns white.
(b) His voice goes mute.
(c) His stomach isn't able to digest food.
(d) His body develops a nervous tic.
5. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
(c) Paul de Montigny.
(d) None of the above, all the characters die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
2. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
3. How old is Emily Grierson when she dies?
4. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
5. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)