|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
2. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
3. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
(a) He is kind to them.
(b) He is angry with them.
(c) He is rude to them.
(d) He confuses them.
4. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
(a) His son.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His brother.
(d) His nephew.
5. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their hats.
(b) Their bow ties.
(c) Their socks.
(d) Their collars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
2. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
3. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
4. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
5. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)