|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
(a) His head.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His arm.
(d) His leg.
2. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
(a) His church.
(b) His fields.
(c) His house.
(d) His barn.
3. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A grenade.
(d) A lead pipe.
4. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
(a) The church.
(b) The asylum.
(c) The cemetary.
(d) The Indian burial ground.
5. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
2. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
3. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
4. How old is Pete's younger brother when he decides he wants to join the Army?
5. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)