|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four days.
(d) One day.
2. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is an architect.
(d) He is a farmer.
3. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
(a) Shortness of breath.
4. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
5. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
(a) From the newspaper.
(b) From the radio.
(c) From the television.
(d) From the Internet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
2. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
3. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
4. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
5. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)