|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is an architect.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a teacher.
2. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
3. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
4. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
5. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
(a) An investigator.
(b) A recruiter.
(c) A marshal.
(d) A parson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
2. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
3. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
4. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
5. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)