|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
(a) He is an architect.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is a farmer.
2. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
3. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
4. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
(a) From the radio.
(b) From the television.
(c) From the Internet.
(d) From the newspaper.
5. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
(a) His head.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His leg.
(d) His arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
2. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
3. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
4. Which of the following stories is the sequel to "Two Soldiers"?
5. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)