|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
(a) He is an architect.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a teacher.
2. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
(a) His carpet.
(b) His dining room table.
(c) His drapes.
(d) His living room sofa.
3. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
(a) A marshal.
(b) A parson.
(c) An investigator.
(d) A recruiter.
4. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three days.
(d) One day.
5. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
(a) A goat.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
2. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
3. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
4. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
5. Who shoots Abner Snope?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)