|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
(b) Baton Rouge.
2. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
(a) His living room sofa.
(b) His dining room table.
(c) His carpet.
(d) His drapes.
3. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
(a) Four hours late.
(b) Two hours late.
(c) Six hours late.
(d) Eight hours late.
4. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
(a) An investigator.
(b) A parson.
(c) A recruiter.
(d) A marshal.
5. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
2. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
3. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
4. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
5. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)