|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
2. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their socks.
(b) Their collars.
(c) Their bow ties.
(d) Their hats.
3. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
(a) He confuses them.
(b) He is kind to them.
(c) He is angry with them.
(d) He is rude to them.
4. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
(a) Shortness of breath.
5. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is an architect.
(d) He is a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
2. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
3. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
4. Who shoots Abner Snope?
5. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)