|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
(a) Four hours late.
(b) Six hours late.
(c) Eight hours late.
(d) Two hours late.
2. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
(a) His drapes.
(b) His carpet.
(c) His living room sofa.
(d) His dining room table.
3. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
(a) He confuses them.
(b) He is kind to them.
(c) He is angry with them.
(d) He is rude to them.
4. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) One day.
(d) Three days.
5. Which of the following stories is the sequel to "Two Soldiers"?
(a) "Shall Not Perish."
(b) "The Tall Men."
(c) "Barn Burning."
(d) "Bear Hunt."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
2. How old is Pete's younger brother when he decides he wants to join the Army?
3. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
4. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
5. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)