|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His son.
(c) His brother.
(d) His cousin.
2. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
3. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
4. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them to pray.
(b) He tells them join.
(c) He tells them to fight.
(d) He tells them run.
5. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
(a) The police office.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The church.
(d) The school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots Abner Snope?
2. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
3. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
4. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
5. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)