|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
2. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
(a) The Indian burial ground.
(b) The cemetary.
(c) The asylum.
(d) The church.
3. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
(c) Baton Rouge.
4. Which of the following stories is the sequel to "Two Soldiers"?
(a) "The Tall Men."
(b) "Barn Burning."
(c) "Bear Hunt."
(d) "Shall Not Perish."
5. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
(b) Shortness of breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
2. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
3. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
4. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
5. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)