|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
2. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
(d) Shortness of breath.
3. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
(a) From the radio.
(b) From the Internet.
(c) From the newspaper.
(d) From the television.
4. How old is Pete's younger brother when he decides he wants to join the Army?
(a) 6 years old.
(b) 8 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
5. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their bow ties.
(b) Their collars.
(c) Their hats.
(d) Their socks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
2. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
3. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
4. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
5. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)