|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
2. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
3. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
(b) Shortness of breath.
4. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their bow ties.
(b) Their hats.
(c) Their socks.
(d) Their collars.
5. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
(a) His son.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
2. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
3. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
4. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
5. How old is Pete's younger brother when he decides he wants to join the Army?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)