|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
2. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
3. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
(a) His living room sofa.
(b) His dining room table.
(c) His carpet.
(d) His drapes.
4. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
5. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them run.
(b) He tells them join.
(c) He tells them to pray.
(d) He tells them to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
2. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
3. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
4. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
5. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)