|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
2. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A grenade.
(d) A lead pipe.
3. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
(d) Baton Rouge.
4. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
(a) From the radio.
(b) From the television.
(c) From the Internet.
(d) From the newspaper.
5. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
(a) The asylum.
(b) The church.
(c) The cemetary.
(d) The Indian burial ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
2. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
3. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
4. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
5. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)