|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
2. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
3. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their bow ties.
(b) Their hats.
(c) Their socks.
(d) Their collars.
4. Which of the following stories is the sequel to "Two Soldiers"?
(a) "Shall Not Perish."
(b) "Barn Burning."
(c) "The Tall Men."
(d) "Bear Hunt."
5. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
(a) Shortness of breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
2. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
3. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
4. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
5. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)