|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
2. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
(a) His head.
(b) His leg.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His arm.
3. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
(a) Four hours late.
(b) Eight hours late.
(c) Six hours late.
(d) Two hours late.
4. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
5. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
2. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
3. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
4. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
5. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)