|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
(a) A recruiter.
(b) An investigator.
(c) A marshal.
(d) A parson.
2. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
(a) The Indian burial ground.
(b) The church.
(c) The asylum.
(d) The cemetary.
3. How old is Pete's younger brother when he decides he wants to join the Army?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 6 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
4. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
(a) Shortness of breath.
5. Who shoots Abner Snope?
(a) His boss.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
2. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
3. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
4. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
5. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)