|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
(a) A horse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A goat.
(d) A cow.
2. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
(a) His barn.
(b) His house.
(c) His church.
(d) His fields.
3. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
4. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
(a) The Indian burial ground.
(b) The church.
(c) The cemetary.
(d) The asylum.
5. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
2. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
3. Which of the following stories is the sequel to "Two Soldiers"?
4. How old is Pete's younger brother when he decides he wants to join the Army?
5. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)