|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
2. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
3. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their bow ties.
(b) Their socks.
(c) Their collars.
(d) Their hats.
4. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
(a) His fields.
(b) His church.
(c) His house.
(d) His barn.
5. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
(a) A gun.
(b) A grenade.
(c) A knife.
(d) A lead pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
2. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
3. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
4. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
5. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)