|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Country Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
(a) A goat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cow.
2. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
(a) His dining room table.
(b) His carpet.
(c) His living room sofa.
(d) His drapes.
3. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
(a) His brother.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His son.
(d) His cousin.
4. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
(a) Eight hours late.
(b) Four hours late.
(c) Two hours late.
(d) Six hours late.
5. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
(a) A grenade.
(b) A lead pipe.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots Abner Snope?
2. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
3. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
4. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
5. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)