|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
(a) None of the above, all the characters die.
(b) Paul de Montigny.
2. Which of the following modes of transportation is seen speeding away at the end of the story "Honor"?
(a) A horse and carriage.
(b) A train.
(c) A steamboat.
(d) An airplane.
3. How does the Indian chief communicate with the president in the story "Lo"?
(a) Through messengers.
(b) Through letters.
(c) Through telephone calls.
(d) Through smoke signals.
4. How long has Harrison Blair been chasing the same fox in the story "Foxhunt"?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three hours.
5. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
(a) The West.
(b) The North.
(c) The South.
(d) The East.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for the mysterious deaths of the chief and all his successors?
2. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
3. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
4. While Spoomer is with his woman, what does Satoris steal from him?
5. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)