|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
(a) Paul de Montigny.
(d) None of the above, all the characters die.
2. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them to pray.
(b) He tells them join.
(c) He tells them run.
(d) He tells them to fight.
3. What is the only thing Emily's father leaves to her in his will?
(a) A bank account full of money.
(b) A house.
(c) A servant.
(d) A horse.
4. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
(a) Because he is angry with Louise for lying to him.
(b) Because he does not want to be seen with Louise.
(c) Because Louise has been forbidden to ride the horses by her mother.
(d) Because the horse she is riding is dangerous.
5. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Emily Grierson when she dies?
2. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
3. In the story "Red Leaves," how many Indians are searching for the chief's slave?
4. Which of the following about Indian culture does NOT embarrass the president?
5. What does Louise's mother think about Jarrod?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)