|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What race is Wash, from the story "Wash"?
(a) He is biracial.
(b) He is white.
(c) He is Native American.
(d) He is black.
2. Who kills Doctor Martino?
(a) Hubert Jarrod.
(b) Louise King.
(c) His killer is never found.
(d) Mrs. King.
3. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
(a) His leg.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His head.
(d) His arm.
4. With what part of an airplane is the lover in the story "Honor" concerned?
(a) The engine.
(b) The passengers.
(c) The wings.
(d) The cockpit.
5. Which of the following relatives does Elly live with in the story "Elly"?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Emily Grierson when she dies?
2. What request does Pappy make of Doom when Doom returns to his tribe?
3. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
4. What type of reputation does Harrison Blair have in the town?
5. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)