|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Paul de Montigny that makes him an unsuitable boyfriend for Elly?
(a) He is black.
(b) He is uneducated.
(c) He is biracial.
(d) He is poor.
2. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
3. Which of the following purchases did the dead woman upgrade every year?
(a) Her telephone.
(b) Her coffin.
(c) Her mortgage.
(d) Her car.
4. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) Jet Away and Fly.
(b) Aireal Barnam.
(c) Royal Flying Corps.
(d) The Company of Wings.
5. In the story "A Courtship," what does David Hogganbeck drive for a living?
(a) A fighter jet.
(b) A taxi cab.
(c) A steamboat.
(d) A tractor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Indians searching for the slave?
2. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
3. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
4. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
5. Of what crime is the nephew of the Indian chief in the story "Lo" accused?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)