|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
(a) His dog.
(b) His horse.
(c) His oxen.
(d) His cattle.
2. Which of the following statements is true about Wash's female relative?
(a) She cannot have children.
(b) She gets pregnant and gives birth to twin boys.
(c) She gets pregnant and gives birth to a baby girl.
(d) She gets pregnant and has one child a year for five years.
3. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
(a) From the television.
(b) From the newspaper.
(c) From the Internet.
(d) From the radio.
4. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
5. What is another word for "crevasse"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Crevasse," how are the first 12 soldiers killed?
2. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
3. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
4. How old is Pete's younger brother when he decides he wants to join the Army?
5. Which of the following about Indian culture does NOT embarrass the president?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)