|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
(a) A long, gray hair.
(b) A lipstick stained kiss.
(c) A fresh, red rose.
(d) A shiny gold key.
2. With whom does the president discuss "the situation" of the Indians near his quarters?
(a) His secretary.
(b) His wife.
(c) The senate.
(d) His vice president.
3. Who is responsible for the mysterious deaths of the chief and all his successors?
(c) Sam Feathers.
4. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His brother.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His son.
5. Which of the following activities would one use a scythe for?
(a) Rowing a boat.
(b) Entertaining children.
(c) Removing cotton from its casing.
(d) Cutting grain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Pete's younger brother when he decides he wants to join the Army?
2. What country is Borgard from?
3. During which season do Jarrod and Louise attend prom together?
4. What is another word for "crevasse"?
5. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)