|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what part of an airplane is the lover in the story "Honor" concerned?
(a) The engine.
(b) The wings.
(c) The cockpit.
(d) The passengers.
2. Which of the following holidays is Georgie anxiously anticipating in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
(a) His birthday.
3. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His leg.
(c) His head.
(d) His arm.
4. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
5. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alec Gray loses his job, what does he use to iron his clothes?
2. Which of the following characters is NOT involved with telling the story of Harrison Blair's chase of the fox?
3. What is the name of the Indian man Herman Basket's sister marries?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the soldier named Borgard in the story "Turnabout"?
5. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)