|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Indian chief communicate with the president in the story "Lo"?
(a) Through smoke signals.
(b) Through telephone calls.
(c) Through messengers.
(d) Through letters.
2. Which of the following statements is true about Wash's female relative?
(a) She gets pregnant and has one child a year for five years.
(b) She gets pregnant and gives birth to twin boys.
(c) She cannot have children.
(d) She gets pregnant and gives birth to a baby girl.
3. At the end of the story "Crevasse," what is the injured man in the corner doing?
4. With what part of an airplane is the lover in the story "Honor" concerned?
(a) The passengers.
(b) The cockpit.
(c) The wings.
(d) The engine.
5. Who contacts Jarrod telling him to meet the King family immediately at a resort?
(a) Louise King.
(b) Mr. King.
(c) Dr Martino.
(d) Mrs. King.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Victory," what country is the man visiting when he pretends to be an aristocrat?
2. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
3. What country is Borgard from?
4. Of which of the following things is Louise afraid?
5. What is the name of Sam Fathers' true father?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)