|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the soldier named Borgard in the story "Turnabout"?
2. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
(a) Ignore the Indians.
(b) Kill the Indians.
(c) Befriend the Indians.
(d) Fear the Indians.
3. What country is Borgard from?
4. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their hats.
(b) Their bow ties.
(c) Their socks.
(d) Their collars.
5. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them to pray.
(b) He tells them to fight.
(c) He tells them run.
(d) He tells them join.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Doom live away from his tribe?
2. After the war is over, where does Alec Gray move?
3. When Alec Gray loses his job, where is he forced to bathe?
4. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
5. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)