|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following activities would one use a scythe for?
(a) Cutting grain.
(b) Rowing a boat.
(c) Removing cotton from its casing.
(d) Entertaining children.
2. In the story "Lo," how does the president spy on the two Indians near his office?
(a) With a cup to the door.
(b) With a mirror.
(c) Through the cracks in the fence.
(d) Through the telegraph system.
3. At the end of the story "Crevasse," what is the injured man in the corner doing?
4. How long has Harrison Blair been chasing the same fox in the story "Foxhunt"?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three months.
5. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them to fight.
(b) He tells them to pray.
(c) He tells them run.
(d) He tells them join.
Short Answer Questions
1. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
2. What is it about Paul de Montigny that makes him an unsuitable boyfriend for Elly?
3. What happens to Satoris at the end of the story "All the Dead Pilots"?
4. Where is the resort where the King family meets Jarrod?
5. Which of the following about Indian culture does NOT embarrass the president?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)