|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers are lost in the desert in the story "Ad Astra"?
(a) Four hundred.
2. When Alec Gray loses his job, where is he forced to bathe?
(a) In the river.
(b) In the bus-stop bathroom.
(c) In the city's fountains.
(d) In the homeless shelter.
3. What happens to Minnie on the first day she leaves her apartment after the attack?
(a) She has a nervous breakdown.
(b) She is cheered as a hero.
(c) She is beaten up by an angry mob.
(d) She is ignored by everyone she encounters.
4. What book do the soldiers in "Crevasse" read to pass their time?
(a) The dictionary.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The telephone book.
(d) The Bible.
5. How old is the young boy to whom Sam Fathers is telling his life story?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who contacts Jarrod telling him to meet the King family immediately at a resort?
2. What is Sam Father's real birth name?
3. What position does Borgard hold in his Army battalion?
4. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
5. In the story "Victory," what country is the man visiting when he pretends to be an aristocrat?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)