|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
(a) To get the Indians off his land.
(b) To punish the nephew to the fullest extent of the law.
(c) To fool the Indians into thinking that he understands the law.
(d) To appease the townsfolk.
2. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
(a) A lipstick stained kiss.
(b) A fresh, red rose.
(c) A long, gray hair.
(d) A shiny gold key.
3. In the story "Red Leaves," how many Indians are searching for the chief's slave?
4. In the story "Victory," what country is the man visiting when he pretends to be an aristocrat?
5. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
(a) His oxen.
(b) His cattle.
(c) His dog.
(d) His horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does the president discuss "the situation" of the Indians near his quarters?
2. After he left his tribe, where did Doom settle?
3. Before he left the tribe, how was Doom treated by the rest of his tribe?
4. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
5. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)