|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the president discuss "the situation" of the Indians near his quarters?
(a) His wife.
(b) His vice president.
(c) His secretary.
(d) The senate.
2. In the story "Red Leaves," how many Indians are searching for the chief's slave?
3. What country is Borgard from?
4. According to Indian tradition, what must the chief's slave do after the chief dies?
(a) Be sold to another Indian chief.
(b) Be banished into the wilderness.
(c) Marry the chief's wife.
(d) Be buried next to the chief.
5. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
2. In the story "Crevasse," how are the first 12 soldiers killed?
3. Where is the resort where the King family meets Jarrod?
4. Which of the following creatures does Dr Martino use to help Louise overcome her irrational fear?
5. What book do the soldiers in "Crevasse" read to pass their time?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)