|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is David Hogganbeck when he nearly loses his life in competition?
(a) In a cave.
(b) On a mountaintop.
(c) On a riverboat.
(d) In the jungle.
2. What happens to Satoris at the end of the story "All the Dead Pilots"?
(a) He is kicked out of the Army.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He forgives Spoomer.
(d) He is captured by enemy soldiers.
3. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
(a) His barn.
(b) His church.
(c) His fields.
(d) His house.
4. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
(a) His horse.
(b) His oxen.
(c) His cattle.
(d) His dog.
5. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His head.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which season do Jarrod and Louise attend prom together?
2. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
3. How old is the young boy to whom Sam Fathers is telling his life story?
4. How long has Harrison Blair been chasing the same fox in the story "Foxhunt"?
5. What book do the soldiers in "Crevasse" read to pass their time?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)