|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
(d) Baton Rouge.
2. On what type of boat does the English soldier take Borgard?
(a) A submarine.
(b) A canoe.
(c) A sailboat.
(d) A torpedo boat.
3. Which of the following holidays is Georgie anxiously anticipating in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
(c) His birthday.
4. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
5. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them run.
(b) He tells them to fight.
(c) He tells them join.
(d) He tells them to pray.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Alec Gray?
2. What race is Wash, from the story "Wash"?
3. While Alec Gray is in the Army, what is his relationship with his family?
4. What book do the soldiers in "Crevasse" read to pass their time?
5. What does the English soldier think about Borgard's flying ability in the story "Turnabout"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)