|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following modes of transportation is seen speeding away at the end of the story "Honor"?
(a) A steamboat.
(b) A train.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A horse and carriage.
2. What type of snake bites the runaway slave in the story "Red Leaves"?
(d) Black mamba.
3. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what type of fight does he arrange?
(a) A cowboy's dual.
(b) A dog fight.
(c) A cock fight.
(d) A fistfight.
4. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
(a) Alan Barks.
(b) Will Mayes.
(c) Tomas Frank.
(d) Charlie Delay.
5. Which of the following things motivates the pilots in "Death Drag" to perform such dangerous tricks when traveling town to town?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Indians searching for the slave?
2. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
3. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
4. Which of the following purchases did the dead woman upgrade every year?
5. What is the name of the Indian man Herman Basket's sister marries?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)