|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Emily Grierson when she dies?
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true in the story "Wash"?
(a) Wash kills his boss.
(b) Wash sets his house on fire.
(c) Wash kills himself.
(d) Wash kills his granddaughter.
3. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
(a) Half Native American, half black.
(b) Half black, half white
(c) Half Native American, half white
(d) Full-blooded Native American.
4. In the story "A Courtship," what does David Hogganbeck drive for a living?
(a) A taxi cab.
(b) A steamboat.
(c) A fighter jet.
(d) A tractor.
5. In the story "Victory," what country is the man visiting when he pretends to be an aristocrat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
2. How many soldiers are lost in the desert in the story "Ad Astra"?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the competition between David Hogganbeck and Ikkemotubbe?
4. When Alec Gray loses his job, where is he forced to bathe?
5. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)