|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom-Tom dispose of the scrap metal Flem Snopes has been hiding?
(a) In the garbage dump.
(b) In the boiler.
(c) In the incinerator.
(d) In the water tank.
2. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
3. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
(a) A goat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cow.
4. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
(a) A knife.
(b) A lead pipe.
(c) A grenade.
(d) A gun.
5. How old is Emily Grierson when she dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Paul de Montigny that makes him an unsuitable boyfriend for Elly?
2. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
3. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
4. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
5. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)