|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is an architect.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a teacher.
2. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
(a) A lead pipe.
(b) A grenade.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
3. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her son.
4. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
(a) She denies that her father is dead.
(b) She cries continually for three days.
(c) She throws a party, celebrating her father's life.
(d) She decides not to go into mourning.
5. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
(a) A shiny gold key.
(b) A fresh, red rose.
(c) A long, gray hair.
(d) A lipstick stained kiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
2. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
3. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
4. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
5. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)