|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
(a) He is an architect.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is a doctor.
2. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
(a) Paul de Montigny.
(b) None of the above, all the characters die.
3. What happens to Minnie on the first day she leaves her apartment after the attack?
(a) She is ignored by everyone she encounters.
(b) She is beaten up by an angry mob.
(c) She is cheered as a hero.
(d) She has a nervous breakdown.
4. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Her teeth.
5. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Emily Grierson when she dies?
2. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
3. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
4. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
5. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)