|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their collars.
(b) Their socks.
(c) Their hats.
(d) Their bow ties.
2. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her teeth.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her hair.
3. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
(a) She throws a party, celebrating her father's life.
(b) She denies that her father is dead.
(c) She decides not to go into mourning.
(d) She cries continually for three days.
4. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
5. What is the only thing Emily's father leaves to her in his will?
(a) A servant.
(b) A bank account full of money.
(c) A horse.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
2. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
3. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
4. Who shoots Abner Snope?
5. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)