|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
(a) He is a dentist.
(b) He is a barber.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a stylist.
2. How old is Emily Grierson when she dies?
3. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
4. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
5. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
(a) Her teeth.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
2. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
3. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
4. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
5. Which of the following holidays is Georgie anxiously anticipating in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)