|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following stories is the sequel to "Two Soldiers"?
(a) "Bear Hunt."
(b) "The Tall Men."
(c) "Shall Not Perish."
(d) "Barn Burning."
2. What is it about Paul de Montigny that makes him an unsuitable boyfriend for Elly?
(a) He is black.
(b) He is uneducated.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He is biracial.
3. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
(a) A parson.
(b) An investigator.
(c) A marshal.
(d) A recruiter.
4. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
(b) Baton Rouge.
5. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
(a) The South.
(b) The North.
(c) The West.
(d) The East.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
2. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
3. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
4. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
5. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)