|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
2. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
(a) He is a dentist.
(b) He is a stylist.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a barber.
3. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
4. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
(a) The church.
(b) The asylum.
(c) The Indian burial ground.
(d) The cemetary.
5. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
(a) She cries continually for three days.
(b) She decides not to go into mourning.
(c) She throws a party, celebrating her father's life.
(d) She denies that her father is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Emily's father leaves to her in his will?
2. How did Hawkshaw's fiance die?
3. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
4. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
5. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)