|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom-Tom dispose of the scrap metal Flem Snopes has been hiding?
(a) In the boiler.
(b) In the incinerator.
(c) In the garbage dump.
(d) In the water tank.
2. How did Hawkshaw's fiance die?
(a) From the flu.
(b) From the plague.
(c) From the fever.
(d) From the pox.
3. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
4. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
(a) He is married to a prostitute.
(b) He lives in Memphis.
(c) He has three sons.
(d) He is a drug addict.
5. Which of the following vehicles does Uncle Willy crash, killing himself?
(a) A boat.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A train.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
2. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
3. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
4. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
5. What happens to Minnie on the first day she leaves her apartment after the attack?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)