|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
(a) Eight hours late.
(b) Four hours late.
(c) Six hours late.
(d) Two hours late.
2. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
(a) A horse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A goat.
(d) A cow.
3. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
4. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
(a) Baton Rouge.
5. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His son.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Minnie on the first day she leaves her apartment after the attack?
2. How old is Pete's younger brother when he decides he wants to join the Army?
3. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
4. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
5. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)