|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
(a) He is a dentist.
(b) He is a barber.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a stylist.
2. Which of the following things motivates the pilots in "Death Drag" to perform such dangerous tricks when traveling town to town?
3. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
(b) Shortness of breath.
4. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
(a) He is not sure if he wants to marry her.
(b) He desperately wants to marry her.
(c) He is apathetic about marrying her.
(d) He does not want to marry her.
5. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
2. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
3. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
4. Which of the following relatives does Elly live with in the story "Elly"?
5. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)