|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Pete's younger brother when he decides he wants to join the Army?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 6 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
2. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
3. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them to fight.
(b) He tells them run.
(c) He tells them join.
(d) He tells them to pray.
4. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
(a) He is not sure if he wants to marry her.
(b) He does not want to marry her.
(c) He desperately wants to marry her.
(d) He is apathetic about marrying her.
5. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
(b) Shortness of breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
2. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
3. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
4. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
5. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)