|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
2. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
3. What is it about Paul de Montigny that makes him an unsuitable boyfriend for Elly?
(a) He is biracial.
(b) He is black.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He is uneducated.
4. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
5. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
2. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
3. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
4. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
5. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)