|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing Emily's father leaves to her in his will?
(a) A house.
(b) A bank account full of money.
(c) A servant.
(d) A horse.
2. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
(a) His fields.
(b) His house.
(c) His church.
(d) His barn.
3. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
(a) He confuses them.
(b) He is angry with them.
(c) He is rude to them.
(d) He is kind to them.
4. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
(a) Baton Rouge.
5. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
(a) Will Mayes.
(b) Alan Barks.
(c) Charlie Delay.
(d) Tomas Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
2. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
3. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
4. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
5. Which of the following vehicles does Uncle Willy crash, killing himself?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)