|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Village stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
2. Which of the following stories is the sequel to "Two Soldiers"?
(a) "Bear Hunt."
(b) "Shall Not Perish."
(c) "The Tall Men."
(d) "Barn Burning."
3. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
4. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
(a) She cries continually for three days.
(b) She decides not to go into mourning.
(c) She denies that her father is dead.
(d) She throws a party, celebrating her father's life.
5. Which of the following vehicles does Uncle Willy crash, killing himself?
(a) A car.
(b) A train.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
2. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
3. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
4. Who shoots Abner Snope?
5. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)