|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wasteland Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers are lost in the desert in the story "Ad Astra"?
(d) Four hundred.
2. When Alec Gray loses his job, what does he use to iron his clothes?
(a) Hand weights.
(b) A cold iron.
(c) Heavy books.
3. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them to fight.
(b) He tells them to pray.
(c) He tells them join.
(d) He tells them run.
4. At the end of the story "Turnabout," how does Borgard feel about the young English soldier he rescued?
(a) He despises him.
(b) He envies him.
(c) He is confused by him.
(d) He respects him
5. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the soldier named Borgard in the story "Turnabout"?
3. In the story "A Courtship," what does David Hogganbeck drive for a living?
4. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
5. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)