|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wasteland Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
(a) One day.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
2. What country is Borgard from?
3. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
4. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
(a) From the television.
(b) From the Internet.
(c) From the radio.
(d) From the newspaper.
5. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the story "Crevasse," what is the injured man in the corner doing?
2. How old is Emily Grierson when she dies?
3. What type of snake bites the runaway slave in the story "Red Leaves"?
4. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
5. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)