|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wasteland Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
(b) Baton Rouge.
2. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
(a) A cow.
(b) A dog.
(c) A goat.
(d) A horse.
3. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
(a) He is apathetic about marrying her.
(b) He is not sure if he wants to marry her.
(c) He desperately wants to marry her.
(d) He does not want to marry her.
4. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) His stomach isn't able to digest food.
(b) His hair turns white.
(c) His body develops a nervous tic.
(d) His voice goes mute.
5. What is it about Paul de Montigny that makes him an unsuitable boyfriend for Elly?
(a) He is poor.
(b) He is black.
(c) He is uneducated.
(d) He is biracial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
2. Why do the Native Americans want to hold a trial for the chief's nephew in the white man's court?
3. What position does Borgard hold in his Army battalion?
4. Where does Borgard find the young, drunken English soldier?
5. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)