|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wasteland Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
2. While Spoomer is with his woman, what does Satoris steal from him?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His car.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His clothes.
3. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
4. What happens to Minnie on the first day she leaves her apartment after the attack?
(a) She has a nervous breakdown.
(b) She is cheered as a hero.
(c) She is ignored by everyone she encounters.
(d) She is beaten up by an angry mob.
5. What book do the soldiers in "Crevasse" read to pass their time?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The telephone book.
(d) The dictionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
2. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
3. What is another word for "crevasse"?
4. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
5. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)