|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wasteland Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
(a) Befriend the Indians.
(b) Fear the Indians.
(c) Ignore the Indians.
(d) Kill the Indians.
2. How many soldiers are lost in the desert in the story "Ad Astra"?
(d) Four hundred.
3. At the end of the story "Turnabout," how does Borgard feel about the young English soldier he rescued?
(a) He envies him.
(b) He is confused by him.
(c) He despises him.
(d) He respects him
4. Which of the following stories is the sequel to "Two Soldiers"?
(a) "Barn Burning."
(b) "Bear Hunt."
(c) "The Tall Men."
(d) "Shall Not Perish."
5. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
(a) Half black, half white
(b) Full-blooded Native American.
(c) Half Native American, half white
(d) Half Native American, half black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
2. While Spoomer is with his woman, what does Satoris steal from him?
3. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
4. Who shoots Abner Snope?
5. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)