|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her brother.
2. How does the husband react when he hears of his wife's affair in the story "Honor"?
(a) He gives his approval.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is outraged.
3. Who is responsible for the mysterious deaths of the chief and all his successors?
(d) Sam Feathers.
4. Where is the resort where the King family meets Jarrod?
(a) In South Dakota.
(b) In Florida.
(c) In Mississippi.
(d) In Arkansas.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following relatives does Elly live with in the story "Elly"?
2. In which city do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet in the story "Dr Martino"?
3. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
4. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
5. Which of the following modes of transportation is seen speeding away at the end of the story "Honor"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)