|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of snake bites the runaway slave in the story "Red Leaves"?
(a) Black mamba.
2. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) His stomach isn't able to digest food.
(b) His hair turns white.
(c) His body develops a nervous tic.
(d) His voice goes mute.
3. Where does Tom-Tom dispose of the scrap metal Flem Snopes has been hiding?
(a) In the incinerator.
(b) In the boiler.
(c) In the water tank.
(d) In the garbage dump.
4. With whom does the president discuss "the situation" of the Indians near his quarters?
(a) His secretary.
(b) His vice president.
(c) The senate.
(d) His wife.
5. Which of the following events does NOT happen in the story "Honor"?
(a) The lover leaves the woman
(b) The husband takes the wife back.
(c) The husband and wife have a child together.
(d) The lover and husband dual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following activities would one use a scythe for?
2. How is the narrator of the story "Pennsylvania Station" related to the dead woman?
3. Where is David Hogganbeck when he nearly loses his life in competition?
4. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
5. What does Louise's mother think about Jarrod?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)