|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he left the tribe, how was Doom treated by the rest of his tribe?
(a) He was often ignored.
(b) He was greatly feared.
(c) He was hated.
(d) He was well-respected.
2. Which of the following events does NOT happen in the story "Honor"?
(a) The lover and husband dual.
(b) The husband and wife have a child together.
(c) The husband takes the wife back.
(d) The lover leaves the woman
3. Which of the following characters is NOT involved with telling the story of Harrison Blair's chase of the fox?
(a) Harrison Blair's servant.
(b) Harrison Blair's hunting mates.
(c) Harrison Blair.
(d) Harrison Blair's chauffer.
4. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
(a) To appease the townsfolk.
(b) To fool the Indians into thinking that he understands the law.
(c) To get the Indians off his land.
(d) To punish the nephew to the fullest extent of the law.
5. What devastating fact does Pappy find out about the black woman he is in love with?
(a) She is racist.
(b) She is barren.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She is already married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
2. Why do the Native Americans want to hold a trial for the chief's nephew in the white man's court?
3. With which of Wash's relatives does his boss start a relationship?
4. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
5. What type of reputation does Harrison Blair have in the town?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)