|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters says, "The only way to feel alive is to do things you are afraid to do."
(a) Dr Martino.
(b) Hubert Jarrod.
(c) Louise King.
(d) Mrs. King.
2. What happens to Minnie on the first day she leaves her apartment after the attack?
(a) She has a nervous breakdown.
(b) She is cheered as a hero.
(c) She is ignored by everyone she encounters.
(d) She is beaten up by an angry mob.
3. Which of the following activities would one use a scythe for?
(a) Entertaining children.
(b) Rowing a boat.
(c) Removing cotton from its casing.
(d) Cutting grain.
4. In the story "A Courtship," what does David Hogganbeck drive for a living?
(a) A fighter jet.
(b) A steamboat.
(c) A taxi cab.
(d) A tractor.
5. How long has Harrison Blair been chasing the same fox in the story "Foxhunt"?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
2. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
3. What devastating fact does Pappy find out about the black woman he is in love with?
4. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
5. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)