|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the narrator of the story "Pennsylvania Station" related to the dead woman?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her brother.
(d) He is her son.
2. Which of the following statements about Dr Martino is true?
(a) He is married with three children.
(b) He is overweight.
(c) He is much older than Louise.
(d) He has had his medical license revoked.
3. In the story "A Courtship," what does David Hogganbeck drive for a living?
(a) A fighter jet.
(b) A steamboat.
(c) A tractor.
(d) A taxi cab.
4. What type of reputation does Harrison Blair have in the town?
(a) For being unintelligent.
(b) For being mean.
(c) For being kind.
(d) For being shy.
5. Which of the following things motivates the pilots in "Death Drag" to perform such dangerous tricks when traveling town to town?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
2. In the story "Lo," how does the president spy on the two Indians near his office?
3. In which city do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet in the story "Dr Martino"?
4. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
5. How did Hawkshaw's fiance die?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)