|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Paul de Montigny that makes him an unsuitable boyfriend for Elly?
(a) He is black.
(b) He is uneducated.
(c) He is biracial.
(d) He is poor.
2. How many pilots make up the stunt team in the story "Death Drag"?
3. Which of the following statements is true about Wash's female relative?
(a) She gets pregnant and gives birth to twin boys.
(b) She cannot have children.
(c) She gets pregnant and gives birth to a baby girl.
(d) She gets pregnant and has one child a year for five years.
4. Which of the following things motivates the pilots in "Death Drag" to perform such dangerous tricks when traveling town to town?
5. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following events does NOT happen in the story "Honor"?
2. What type of reputation does Harrison Blair have in the town?
3. How old is Emily Grierson when she dies?
4. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
5. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)