|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Harrison Blair been chasing the same fox in the story "Foxhunt"?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three hours.
2. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
(a) Fear the Indians.
(b) Kill the Indians.
(c) Befriend the Indians.
(d) Ignore the Indians.
3. Where are the Indians searching for the slave?
(a) In the woods.
(b) On the plantation.
(c) In the desert.
(d) In the mountains.
4. What is the name of Sam Fathers' true father?
(a) Sam Senior.
5. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
(a) He desperately wants to marry her.
(b) He is not sure if he wants to marry her.
(c) He does not want to marry her.
(d) He is apathetic about marrying her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
3. Which of the following purchases did the dead woman upgrade every year?
4. Which of the following characters is NOT involved with telling the story of Harrison Blair's chase of the fox?
5. In the story "Lo," how does the president spy on the two Indians near his office?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)