|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "Lo," how does the president spy on the two Indians near his office?
(a) With a mirror.
(b) Through the telegraph system.
(c) With a cup to the door.
(d) Through the cracks in the fence.
2. What type of reputation does Harrison Blair have in the town?
(a) For being unintelligent.
(b) For being shy.
(c) For being mean.
(d) For being kind.
3. Although she is beautiful, which of the following adjectives best describes Herman Basket's sister?
4. What does Louise's mother think about Jarrod?
(a) That he would make a good husband.
(b) She has never met Jarrod.
(c) That he is socially beneath Louise.
(d) That he is an untrustworthy man.
5. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what crime is the nephew of the Indian chief in the story "Lo" accused?
2. How does the Indian chief communicate with the president in the story "Lo"?
3. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
4. What type of snake bites the runaway slave in the story "Red Leaves"?
5. Who is responsible for the mysterious deaths of the chief and all his successors?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)