|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of reputation does Harrison Blair have in the town?
(a) For being kind.
(b) For being mean.
(c) For being unintelligent.
(d) For being shy.
2. With which of Wash's relatives does his boss start a relationship?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His granddaughter.
(d) His daughter.
3. Which of the following holidays is Georgie anxiously anticipating in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
(a) His birthday.
4. Which of the following modes of transportation is seen speeding away at the end of the story "Honor"?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A train.
(c) A steamboat.
(d) A horse and carriage.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
2. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
3. How old is the young boy to whom Sam Fathers is telling his life story?
4. Which of the following activities would one use a scythe for?
5. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)