|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Indian chief communicate with the president in the story "Lo"?
(a) Through messengers.
(b) Through telephone calls.
(c) Through letters.
(d) Through smoke signals.
2. What is the name of the Indian man Herman Basket's sister marries?
3. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
(a) To fool the Indians into thinking that he understands the law.
(b) To appease the townsfolk.
(c) To get the Indians off his land.
(d) To punish the nephew to the fullest extent of the law.
4. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
5. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the young boy to whom Sam Fathers is telling his life story?
2. Where are the Indians searching for the slave?
3. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what engineering challenge does he create?
4. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
5. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)