|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the husband react when he hears of his wife's affair in the story "Honor"?
(a) He is outraged.
(b) He gives his approval.
(c) He is devastated.
(d) He is confused.
2. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
(b) Paul de Montigny.
(d) None of the above, all the characters die.
3. What race is Wash, from the story "Wash"?
(a) He is white.
(b) He is Native American.
(c) He is black.
(d) He is biracial.
4. What is the name of the Indian man Herman Basket's sister marries?
5. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
(a) To appease the townsfolk.
(b) To get the Indians off his land.
(c) To fool the Indians into thinking that he understands the law.
(d) To punish the nephew to the fullest extent of the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
2. How does the Indian chief communicate with the president in the story "Lo"?
3. Which of the following characters says, "The only way to feel alive is to do things you are afraid to do."
4. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)