|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
(b) Paul de Montigny.
(c) None of the above, all the characters die.
2. Which of the following purchases did the dead woman upgrade every year?
(a) Her car.
(b) Her mortgage.
(c) Her telephone.
(d) Her coffin.
3. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what engineering challenge does he create?
(a) A fence-building competition.
(b) A boat-building competition.
(c) A teepee-building competition.
(d) A bridge-building competition.
4. In which city do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet in the story "Dr Martino"?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) New Orleans.
5. During which season do Jarrod and Louise attend prom together?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sam Father's real birth name?
2. With what part of an airplane is the lover in the story "Honor" concerned?
3. Which of the following characters says, "The only way to feel alive is to do things you are afraid to do."
4. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)