|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What devastating fact does Pappy find out about the black woman he is in love with?
(a) She is already married.
(b) She is barren.
(c) She is racist.
(d) She does not love him.
2. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
(c) None of the above, all the characters die.
(d) Paul de Montigny.
3. How does the husband react when he hears of his wife's affair in the story "Honor"?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is devastated.
(d) He gives his approval.
4. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
(a) The West.
(b) The South.
(c) The East.
(d) The North.
5. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he left the tribe, how was Doom treated by the rest of his tribe?
2. Although she is beautiful, which of the following adjectives best describes Herman Basket's sister?
3. What type of snake bites the runaway slave in the story "Red Leaves"?
4. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
5. How does Wash react to the blooming relationship between his female relative and his boss?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)