|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Ground stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
(a) A bird.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A fish.
(d) A kitten.
2. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
(a) The West.
(b) The East.
(c) The South.
(d) The North.
3. How does the Indian chief communicate with the president in the story "Lo"?
(a) Through telephone calls.
(b) Through smoke signals.
(c) Through letters.
(d) Through messengers.
4. Which of the following purchases did the dead woman upgrade every year?
(a) Her coffin.
(b) Her telephone.
(c) Her mortgage.
(d) Her car.
5. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters says, "The only way to feel alive is to do things you are afraid to do."
2. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
3. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
4. In which city do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet in the story "Dr Martino"?
5. Where is the resort where the King family meets Jarrod?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)