|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Artifices: Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Secret Miracle," why is Hladik truly upset that he will be executed?
(a) His execution goes against the words of a fortuneteller, who predicted he'd live to be 100.
(b) He has not finished his play, "The Enemies."
(c) He is no more upset than any normal man who is facing his own death.
(d) He has unresolved issues with his wife.
2. In "The End," whom is the black man waiting for?
(a) Edgar Degas, the famous painter.
(b) Ramon Hadado, the killer of his father.
(c) Martin Fierro, the killer of his brother.
(d) Juan Cruz, his alter ego.
3. In "Death and the Compass," what character flaw leads Lonnrot to his death?
(b) Intellectual pride.
4. In "Funes, His Memory," what does the narrator lend Funes?
(a) A book believed to be written by John Milton.
(b) Some Latin books.
(c) A magnifying glass.
(d) A book on ornithology.
5. In "The Mirror of Ink," what happens to the ruler from prying too deeply into a vision?
(a) He dies.
(b) He comes to realize that what seemed like magic was only a hoax.
(c) He becomes a sorcerer.
(d) He realizes the folly of worldly power and gives up his rule.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Library of Babel," what would the librarian most like to find?
2. In "Tlon, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius," what is Orbis Tertius?
3. In "The Uncivil Teacher of Court Etiquette Kotsuke no Suke," what is the lord of Ako supposed to do as punishment for slashing Kotsuke no Suke with a sword?
4. In "A Survey of the Works of Herbert Quain," Quain writes one of his books based on which of the following?
5. In "Hakim, the Masked Dyer of Merv," Hakim's religious sect hates what things?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)