|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Artifices: Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Circular Ruins," other than the sorcerer himself, who knows about the content of his dreams?
(a) Everyone on earth.
(b) The fire god.
(c) No one.
(d) His wife.
2. In "Three Versions of Judas," who is Nils Runeberg?
(a) A rabbi.
(b) A detective, hired by the Vatican, who tracks heretics.
(c) A theologian.
(d) An amateur Bible enthusiast.
3. In "A Survey of the Works of Herbert Quain," Quain's work can best be described as which of the following?
(a) Coded to teach medical students how to perform surgery.
(b) Bizarrely structured, and based on outrageous and esoteric themes.
(d) Seemingly pornographic, but with a religious message embedded within.
4. In "The Theme of the Traitor and the Hero," which writer's work is partially a model for the assassination?
5. "The Approach to Al-Mu'tasim," can best be described as which of the following?
(a) A comedy.
(b) An satire of the Biblical story of Noah's Ark.
(c) An adventure story.
(d) A review of a novel that does not exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Garden of Forking Paths," why does Dr. Yu murder Dr. Albert?
2. In "The Mirror of Ink," what happens to the ruler from prying too deeply into a vision?
3. In "Pierre Menard, Author of Quixote," which author is Menard most obsessed with?
4. In "Death and the Compass," what character flaw leads Lonnrot to his death?
5. In "The Approach to Al-Mu'tasim," who or what is Al-Mu'tasim supposed to be?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)