|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Artifices: Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Man on the Pink Corner," what does the Yardmaster challenge Rosendo to?
(a) A duel with pistols.
(b) A foot race.
(c) A wrestling match.
(d) A knife fight.
2. In "The Library of Babel," what would the librarian most like to find?
(a) His own autobiography, that he suspects he has written, though he can't remember.
(b) A previously undiscovered version of "Macbeth."
(c) A book that summarizes all the other books.
(d) A mystical book said to explore God's reasoning for the destruction of the tower of Babel.
3. In "The Library of Babel," what is the central shape that the library is based upon?"
4. In "The Approach to Al-Mu'tasim," what does the law student think he has done that causes him to live in exile with India's most wretched populace?
(a) Killed a Hindu.
(b) Killed a Muslim.
(c) Committed adultery.
(d) Committed blasphemy.
5. In "The Lottery in Babylon," who sometimes arbitrates the result of a lottery drawing?
(a) The king.
(b) A soothsayer who lives atop a mountain.
(c) A panel of nine judges.
(d) The populace does a general vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The South," where does Dahlmann go after he recovers from an illness?
2. In "The Secret Miracle," how is Hladik eventually killed?
3. In "Three Versions of Judas," what is the first version of Judas?
4. In "The Library of Babel," the library can best be described as which of the following?
5. In "The Circular Ruins," other than the sorcerer himself, who knows about the content of his dreams?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)