|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Artifices: Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Cult of the Phoenix," what objects are involved in their rituals?
(d) Cork, wax, and slime.
2. In "A Theologian in Death," Melancthon believes that salvation is achieved in what way?
(a) By giving up all of one's possessions.
(b) He does not believe salvation is possible.
(c) Through faith alone.
(d) Through living virtuously.
3. In "A Survey of the Works of Herbert Quain," Quain writes one of his books based on which of the following?
(a) Mathematical construction.
(b) More adventures for Sherlock Holmes.
(d) The migration of snowy egrets.
4. In "The Garden of Forking Paths," why does Dr. Yu murder Dr. Albert?
(a) Dr. Albert stole his wife.
(b) To alert the German command where to bomb a city named Albert.
(c) He is insane.
(d) Dr. Albert made derogatory remarks about Asians.
5. In "Tlon, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius," what is Orbis Tertius?
(a) The trade name for a secret society that describes Tlon and Uqbar.
(b) The narrator's award for Latin, that he received in college.
(c) Herbert Ashe's code name.
(d) An undiscovered number.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Uncivil Teacher of Court Etiquette Kotsuke no Suke," what is the lord of Ako supposed to do as punishment for slashing Kotsuke no Suke with a sword?
2. In "Death and the Compass," where is Dr. Yarmolinsky killed?
3. In "The End," what instrument does the black man play outside Recabarren's bar?
4. In "Funes, His Memory," what does the narrator lend Funes?
5. In "The South," where does Dahlmann go after he recovers from an illness?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)