A Universal History of Iniquity: Part I
"The Cruel Redeemer Lazarus Morell"
• Lazarus starts a criminal organization, wherein, in part, he helps slaves escape and resells them.
• Lazarus uses racial divisions to run his organization.
• Plans escalate to include taking over New Orleans.
• He is only stopped by illness and death.
"The Improbable Impostor Tom Castro"
• Tom Castro is convinced by Ebenezer Bogle to impersonate Lady Tichbourne's lost son.
• Bogle is mastermind of plan, which goes well until he dies and it falls apart.
• After Bogle's death, Tom makes a living by giving speeches, in which he argues either his guilt or innocence, depending on audience.
"The Widow Ching--Pirate"
• Ching becomes a pirate after the murder of husband.
• Ching's fleet destroys the Imperial fleet.
• Ching faces a second fleet, and after a sign of truce, surrenders to the Emperor.
"Monk Eastman, Purveyor of Iniquities"
• Eastman beats up two...
This section contains 5,187 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)