|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Loma's married name?
2. What is Will's last name?
3. What did Loma do when her father refused to let her reach her desired profession?
(a) She dropped out of college.
(b) She ran away from home.
(c) She married a stupid man.
(d) She spent a great deal of money on clothes.
4. What does Grandpa do at the end of his public announcement about his wedding to Miss Love?
(a) He prays.
(b) He reads his vows.
(c) He tells Will's train story.
(d) He talks about his late wife.
5. Who is sent to get a horse for Love?
Short Answer Questions
1. What offends Will when he gets to Grandpa's house for the first time after his marriage to Love?
2. Who is the fancy visitor?
3. What is the name of Will's aunt?
4. How long has a special person to Will been dead when the book begins?
5. What does Will like to watch through the bridge trestles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Will known as after his experience with the train?
2. How does Will feel just after the train passes over him on the trestle?
3. What does Grandpa say to Love after the fancy visitor leaves, and what is her response to this?
4. Why did the men and women in Cold Sassy like Love before her marriage to Grandpa Blakeslee?
5. What did Granny do for Love during her first year in town?
6. What does Will ask Grandpa after he hears about the train, and what is Grandpa's response to this?
7. What bothers Will when he is helping Love clean the house?
8. How did Grandpa Blakeslee meet the woman he plans to marry?
9. How does Will feel about his Grandfather's engagement, and why does he feel this way?
10. Why is Will sure that Grandpa didn't care about Love before his wife died?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)