|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the fancy visitor go after Grandpa comes back home?
(a) To Mary's house.
(b) To the mill town.
(c) To the depot.
(d) To the store.
2. Who is the narrator of the book?
(c) An omniscient narrator.
3. Why does Grandpa Blakeslee say Will survived the train?
(a) It was not his time.
(b) He was protected by Granny.
(c) He was rescued.
(d) He had good sense.
4. Who comes to the Blakeslee house to help after Granny's death?
5. What is the name of the girl Will has a crush on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will notice about his grandfather's house a week after Granny's death?
2. What does Will forget to do the day after his train experience?
3. What is Effie Belle known for?
4. What was Love's engagement present when she was previously engaged?
5. Why does Will think his grandfather's engagement is a good thing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will feel about his Grandfather's engagement, and why does he feel this way?
2. Why did the men and women in Cold Sassy like Love before her marriage to Grandpa Blakeslee?
3. What makes the camping trip so miserable for the boys?
4. What does Will do on the day he decides to end his period of mourning for Granny?
5. What does Miss Love do for Grandpa when he comes home after work for the first time in their marriage?
6. How did Grandpa Blakeslee meet the woman he plans to marry?
7. Why does Love tell Will she married Grandpa when she did?
8. What is Will known as after his experience with the train?
9. Why does Grandpa Blakeslee say he is getting remarried?
10. What is the most shocking part about Grandpa Blakeslee's remarriage in Will's mind?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)