|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Will so special to Grandpa Blakeslee?
(a) He is the first redhead in the family.
(b) He is the first grandchild who lived.
(c) He is the first grandson.
(d) He is the most like himself.
2. Why do most people say Will survived the train?
(a) The train slowed down just in time.
(b) It was not his time.
(c) He was rescued.
(d) Granny protected him.
3. How long was Grandpa Blakeslee supposed to be in mourning?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 6 months.
4. How does Will feel about his mother's response to his grandfather's engagement?
(a) He is confused by it.
(b) He is not at all surprised.
(c) He is amused by it.
(d) He is angry about it.
5. Where does Love come from?
(d) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Will feel about being in mourning?
2. Who is the fancy visitor?
3. What is Will's grandpa's wagon used to do?
4. What does Will do the first time he visits Grandpa's house after the funeral?
5. Where does Grandpa keep all of the important family records?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Grandpa Blakeslee meet the woman he plans to marry?
2. What does Will see as the difference between mourning and being in mourning?
3. What bothers Will when he is helping Love clean the house?
4. Why does Grandpa tell Will he is getting a horse for Love?
5. What makes the camping trip so miserable for the boys?
6. Why do the people in Cold Sassy think Love did not marry her ex-fiancé?
7. Why has Lightfoot come to live in Cold Sassy?
8. What is Will known as after his experience with the train?
9. What did Granny do for Love during her first year in town?
10. How does Mary respond when she hears that her father is getting remarried?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)