|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is destroyed by the dangerous animals on the camping trip?
(a) The wagon.
(b) The food box.
(c) The sleeping bags.
(d) The tent.
2. What was Granny's name?
(a) Marcia Lynn.
(b) Marty Sue.
(c) Mary Ann.
(d) Mattie Lou.
3. Why does Love agree to marry Grandpa so soon after Mattie's death?
(a) Grandpa said he would find someone else.
(b) She saw no reason to put it off.
(c) She promised Mattie she would.
(d) Grandpa needed the help.
4. Why can't the boys go hunting on their camping trip?
(a) The weather is too cold.
(b) The shells were left in the rain.
(c) Will forgot his rifle.
(d) Roundy forgot the gunpowder.
5. Why does Grandpa Blakeslee say Will survived the train?
(a) It was not his time.
(b) He had good sense.
(c) He was rescued.
(d) He was protected by Granny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Love come from?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the boys who goes camping with Will?
3. What offends Will when he gets to Grandpa's house for the first time after his marriage to Love?
4. What did Granny say she wanted to be buried in?
5. Who tells Grandpa what happened to Will on the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hoyt tell Mary when he comes home from work at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Mary respond when she hears that her father is getting remarried?
3. What does Grandpa say to Love after the fancy visitor leaves, and what is her response to this?
4. What do the boys eat while they are camping, and why?
5. How does Will feel just after the train passes over him on the trestle?
6. What does Will do on the day he decides to end his period of mourning for Granny?
7. Why does Grandpa Blakeslee come to Mary's house every morning?
8. What is the most shocking part about Grandpa Blakeslee's remarriage in Will's mind?
9. How does Will feel about his Grandfather's engagement, and why does he feel this way?
10. What makes the camping trip so miserable for the boys?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)