|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offends Will when he gets to Grandpa's house for the first time after his marriage to Love?
(a) That Grandpa took down all of Granny's pictures.
(b) That Grandpa says nothing about Granny.
(c) That Love wants to change so much.
(d) That Love is cleaning everything so much.
2. Who offers Grandpa a horse?
(a) Mr. McAllister.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His produce man.
(d) His cousin.
3. What is the rumor about why Love did not marry her ex-fiancé?
(a) He beat her one night, and she left him.
(b) He ran away with her mother.
(c) He got her best friend pregnant.
(d) He joined the Union Army.
4. What occupation does Will hope to hold when he gets older?
(a) A store owner.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A banker.
(d) A farmer.
5. What is the name of Will's aunt?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Grandpa Blakeslee supposed to be in mourning?
2. What does Grandpa do at the end of his public announcement about his wedding to Miss Love?
3. What did Loma do when her father refused to let her reach her desired profession?
4. Where does the girl Will has a crush on live?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the boys who goes camping with Will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the camping trip so miserable for the boys?
2. Why do the people in Cold Sassy think Love did not marry her ex-fiancé?
3. What does Will ask Grandpa after he hears about the train, and what is Grandpa's response to this?
4. What ended the romantic relationship between Granny and Grandpa Blakeslee?
5. Why did the men and women in Cold Sassy like Love before her marriage to Grandpa Blakeslee?
6. Why has Lightfoot come to live in Cold Sassy?
7. How does Will feel about his Grandfather's engagement, and why does he feel this way?
8. How did Grandpa Blakeslee meet the woman he plans to marry?
9. Why does Grandpa Blakeslee say he is getting remarried?
10. Why does Love tell Will she married Grandpa when she did?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)