Chapter One - Two
• Grandpa Blakeslee asks Will to get his mother and his aunt and bring them to the store so he can make his announcement.
• His big announcement is that he is going to marry Love Simpson, the milliner in his store.
• Loma and Mary are shocked. Granny died three weeks earlier, and Love is far too young for their father and is a Yankee.
• Loma says she is afraid to lose her inheritance to this woman.
• Will doesn't understand why his mother and aunt are so upset about the engagement. He knows his grandpa needs someone to look after him.
• Hoyt comes home and tells Mary that her father left in his buggy with Love to get married in Jefferson.
• Mary says Loma married Campbell Williams to make her father angry when he would not let her become an actress.
• Grandpa stops by...
This section contains 2,588 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)