|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins the game?
2. What is Henry playing when Holly finds him?
3. What is unusual about Fairs Haven?
4. What revelation does Mrs. Gwynn reveal about Henry Ironheart?
5. What reason does Jim give for Lena's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Holly and Jim communicate with the entity?
2. How does Holly's dream differ to Jim's?
3. What happens at Tivoli Gardens?
4. When did Jim's grandfather Henry pass away?
5. What finally arouses Jim's suspicion?
6. Why does Jim want to stop for supplies?
7. What happens to Holly at Dixie Duck's?
8. What does Holly realize in the car?
9. Why does Jim take Holly on the scenic tour of New Svenborg?
10. Why do Holly and Jim not stay in the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If the book were made into a film, how would Koontz's style of narrative be reflected in film? Would the book make a good film?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does Koontz use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story? Do you think the author's style suits the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
How do the talents of Jim and Holly differ? How is this difference used to develop the book's themes and evolution of each character?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)