|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Holly throw the answer tablet away?
2. What does Henry hold against his chest?
3. Why was Emily Newsome saved?
4. What is missing from Jim's grandfather's tombstone?
5. Why does Holly decide not to run away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the trip to the pharmacy reveal?
2. How significant is Holly's conversation with Eloise Glynn?
3. How do Holly and Jim communicate with the entity?
4. What finally arouses Jim's suspicion?
5. What chance does Holly offer Henry?
6. What does Henry reveal about Jim's past?
7. How do the birds vanish?
8. What do Jim and Holly decide to do?
9. When does the tide change again?
10. What is the significance of Holly's trip to the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Koontz depict humans with psychic power in the book? How does today's society currently perceive psychic ability? Do you think that Koontz's depiction of psychic ability is believable?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following characters and discuss how the narrative would be affected if they were left out.
1. Henry Ironheart.
2. Corbett Handahl.
3. Eloise Glynn.
Essay Topic 3
If the book were made into a film, how would Koontz's style of narrative be reflected in film? Would the book make a good film?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)