|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound invades the room while Holly speaks with Henry?
2. Why does Holly leave him alone?
3. Who is welcome in the library?
4. Why does Holly throw the answer tablet away?
5. What separates the cemetery from the park?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will The Friend not let go of Jim?
2. Why does Jim take Holly on the scenic tour of New Svenborg?
3. How significant is Holly's conversation with Eloise Glynn?
4. When does the tide change again?
5. How do the birds vanish?
6. What happens at Tivoli Gardens?
7. What does Jim know about the pond?
8. Why does Holly pretend to be unmoved by The Enemy's threats?
9. What happens to Holly at Dixie Duck's?
10. How do Holly and Jim communicate with the entity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the relationship between Jim and Holly?
Essay Topic 2
How does Koontz depict humans with psychic power in the book? How does today's society currently perceive psychic ability? Do you think that Koontz's depiction of psychic ability is believable?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character or entity from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)