|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization drives Holly to flee the farm?
(a) Jim is the The Enemy.
(b) Jim does not love her.
(c) She wants to be a journalist again.
(d) Aliens are going to invade the farm.
2. What is unusual about Fairs Haven?
(a) It is silent and everyone is unhappy.
(b) The air does not smell and laughter can be heard.
(c) It is unclean and smells of deodorant.
(d) It is dark and damp.
3. What does Henry hold against his chest?
(a) His right arm.
(b) His left arm.
(c) A picture of Jim.
(d) A picture of Lena.
4. What did Holly realize while paying for her motel bill?
(a) She had been overcharged.
(b) Jim was The Friend.
(c) Jim was The Enemy.
(d) Jim had never professed his love for her.
5. Which food has Holly not eaten since she was fourteen?
(a) Olive loaf.
(b) Packaged cheese slices.
(c) Chocolate doughnuts.
(d) Cheese twists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett think causes the strong vibrations?
2. What is Henry playing when Holly finds him?
3. Why does someone with multiple personalty syndrome generate personalities?
4. What reason does Jim give for Lena's death?
5. What revelation does Mrs. Gwynn reveal about Henry Ironheart?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Holly and Jim communicate with the entity?
2. What is interesting about The Black Windmill?
3. What does Holly realize in the car?
4. What does Henry reveal about Jim's past?
5. Why do Holly and Jim not stay in the house?
6. Why does Holly pretend to be unmoved by The Enemy's threats?
7. Why does the entity suddenly have to leave?
8. How does Jim react when Holly shows him the answer tablet?
9. How does Holly's dream differ to Jim's?
10. How significant is Holly's conversation with Eloise Glynn?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)