|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound invades the room while Holly speaks with Henry?
(a) A deep rumble.
(b) Birds shrieking.
(c) The voice of Robert Vaughn.
(d) The whoosh of a windmill.
2. How does Jim unintentionally prove Holly's theory?
(a) By revealing that The Enemy won't go without a fight.
(b) He summons The Enemy.
(c) He makes the windmill spin.
(d) By threatening to kill her.
3. Why is The Enemy now able to come while Jim is awake?
(a) It is no longer afraid of the dark.
(b) It has defeated The Friend.
(c) His subconscious is getting desperate.
(d) Jim has not had enough sleep.
4. Who is welcome in the library?
(a) Sailors and acrobats.
(b) Kids and adventurers.
(c) Jungle explorers and spacemen.
(d) Trapeze artists and gymnasts.
5. What is the movie called?
(a) The Black Windmill.
(b) Aliens from the pond.
(c) Ironheart's Revenge.
(d) New Svenborg Mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry playing when Holly finds him?
2. What does Corbett think causes the strong vibrations?
3. How does Holly stop The Enemy from swallowing them up in Tivoli Garden?
4. How does the landscaping on Main Street affect the look of New Svenborg?
5. Which food has Holly not eaten since she was fourteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Holly pretend to be unmoved by The Enemy's threats?
2. What does Henry reveal about Jim's past?
3. Why does the entity suddenly have to leave?
4. How does Holly's dream differ to Jim's?
5. When did Jim's grandfather Henry pass away?
6. What happens to Holly at Dixie Duck's?
7. What is the significance of Holly's trip to the house?
8. What finally arouses Jim's suspicion?
9. Why does Jim take Holly on the scenic tour of New Svenborg?
10. What power does the alien have over Jim?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)