|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has unmatchable purity?
(a) The vapor of sublime poetry.
(b) Forest mud.
(c) Voices in the dirt.
(d) A sterilized surgery.
2. What unusual fact about Jim does Holly uncover?
(a) His wife has given birth to quadruplets.
(b) His real name is James.
(c) He could be related to a senator.
(d) He has won the lottery.
3. Why is Holly surprised by the naming of Dojo?
(a) It is too generic for an Asian business.
(b) The name is hard to understand.
(c) It sounds like mexican food.
(d) She is impressed by its creativity.
4. What reason does Holly give for her gluttony in the bakery?
(a) She has a fast metabolism.
(b) She eats when she is horny.
(c) She is addicted to pastries.
(d) She has not eaten all morning.
5. Why is Holly unable to stop herself entering the windmill?
(a) A strong wind blows her through the door.
(b) Jim drags her inside.
(c) She is hypnotized.
(d) It is not her body.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Viola's husband die?
2. Why does Holly believe in a god?
3. When does Jim's guiding force first come to him?
4. What part of the DC-10 explodes?
5. Why is Delbaugh not fearful for his own safety?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jim there?
2. How does Holly convince Jim to speak with her?
3. How does Holly find out the nightmare is more than just a dream?
4. What is Jim doing in the Mojave Desert?
5. What does the attack motivate Holly to do?
6. What is the significance of the beer?
7. Why does Jim suddenly head to the airport?
8. How does Holly manage to get on Jim's flight?
9. How does he manage to escape?
10. What happens once Holly is inside Jim's home?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)