|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Holly stay in Laguna Hills?
(a) She does not want to be discovered by Jim.
(b) She prefers being inland on holiday.
(c) The coastal towns were already booked out.
(d) It is a better place for sun bathing.
2. What is Jim afraid of?
(a) The mean looking clerk who serves him at the airport.
(c) People noticing how tense he is.
(d) What was waiting for him in Portland.
3. What does Holly think will crack her spine?
(a) A valise full of woman's makeup.
(b) A traincase full of face cream.
(c) A heavy jacket.
(d) A musical instrument.
4. What saves Jim from being seriously hurt in the crash?
(a) A safety harness.
(b) The shot gun.
(c) His sunglasses.
(d) A pillow on the passenger seat.
5. What is Holly's knockout punch?
(a) The windmill.
(b) Getting drunk.
(c) Her powers of seduction.
(d) Her cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which superhero does Thaddeus liken Jim to?
2. What is Holly's overriding emotion when she saves Norby?
3. What does Jim drink after his windmill nightmare?
4. What is unusual about the driver of the Peterbilt?
5. What trait do Portlanders share?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jim there?
2. How does he manage to escape?
3. How does Jim find out his destination?
4. What new danger emerges after the landing?
5. What ruins her first night in Orange County?
6. How does Holly manage to get on Jim's flight?
7. What is so scary about Holly's nightmare?
8. How do Jim and Holly meet?
9. How does Holly track Jim down?
10. What did Jim do after teaching?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)