|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Holly's knockout punch?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) Her powers of seduction.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) The windmill.
2. What does Holly think will crack her spine?
(a) A musical instrument.
(b) A traincase full of face cream.
(c) A valise full of woman's makeup.
(d) A heavy jacket.
3. What can Jim do better than Eddie?
(b) Fight one handed.
(c) A flying kick.
(d) Ride a Stairmaster.
4. Who regularly snores in the office?
(a) George Fintel.
(b) The lazy maintenance man.
(c) Tommy Weeks.
5. Why does Holly keep her desk so tidy?
(a) To impress her colleagues.
(b) It's the first thing she learned at journalism school.
(c) It might get her a raise.
(d) It is the only thing she can depend on in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time difference between Boston and Portland?
2. How did Jim's parents die?
3. What does Jim compare Susie's skin to?
4. What part of the DC-10 explodes?
5. What does Jim find in his attic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jim decide to do?
2. What is the significance of the beer?
3. Do Jim's predictions come true?
4. What is the significance of Jim's appearance in Holly's dream?
5. How does he manage to escape?
6. What is so scary about Holly's nightmare?
7. What happens to Jim when he arrives home from Boston?
8. How does Holly manage to get on Jim's flight?
9. Why is Jim not going to church?
10. What does the attack motivate Holly to do?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)