|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What birds fly over the cemetery?
(a) Shrieking blackbirds.
(b) Whistling sparrows.
(c) A group of screaming vultures.
(d) Squawking ravens.
2. What does Holly use to convince Jim of her hypothesis?
(a) The answer tablet.
(b) A gun.
(c) An abundance of kisses.
(d) A strong slap to the face.
3. What is the movie called?
(a) The Black Windmill.
(b) Aliens from the pond.
(c) New Svenborg Mill.
(d) Ironheart's Revenge.
4. Which cast member of the movie is one of Holly's favorites?
(a) Emmet Walsh.
(b) Robert De Niro.
(c) Robert Vaughn.
(d) Emma Watson.
5. Why does Corbett suggest Jim's real name is Ironhead?
(a) They family was known to be hot headed like an iron.
(b) The family was known for being hard headed.
(c) The family became rich through mining iron.
(d) Jim has a plate of iron inserted in his skull.
6. What revelation does Mrs. Gwynn reveal about Henry Ironheart?
(a) He deserted Jim after Lena's death.
(b) He was responsible for Lena's death.
(c) He died of a stroke.
(d) He is still alive.
7. Who is the first person Holly tells about her love for Jim?
(b) A convenience store attendant.
(c) A motel clerk.
(d) Her mother.
8. What does Corbett think causes the strong vibrations?
(a) A dust storm.
(b) A tornado.
(c) The coming of The Enemy.
(d) An earthquake.
9. Why is Holly now exhilarated?
(a) She knows what she has to do to win.
(b) She knows she is going to die.
(c) She realizes her commitment to Jim.
(d) She is not scared of anything anymore.
10. What causes Holly to leave the farmhouse?
(a) A spooky old photograph.
(b) The bathroom does not work.
(c) The lack of light in the house.
(d) Fear of the second floor.
11. Why does Holly risk waking Jim up?
(a) To help him cure himself.
(b) To stop The Enemy from coming.
(c) She wants some company.
(d) She does not know how to drive.
12. Why does The Friend act like a little child?
(a) Jim created it when he was a child.
(b) It is young by alien standards.
(c) It is the ghost of a dead child.
(d) To fool Holly and Jim into trusting it.
13. Who wins the game?
(d) Henry Ironheart.
14. How does The Friend in the book communicate with Jim Jamison?
(a) Via two yellow lined tablets.
(b) It writes words inside his mind.
(c) Through the use of tapping sounds in Morse code.
(d) It vocalizes its thoughts in a human voice.
15. In the book who does the alien want to save from assassination?
(a) A revolutionary doctor.
(b) A person that will one day help it fly home.
(c) A future statesman.
(d) A visionary scientist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Ironheart Farm's greatest selling point?
2. What lie does Holly tell Corbett about her relationship to Jim?
3. How does Holly stop The Enemy from swallowing them up in Tivoli Garden?
4. What kind of act did Jim's parents have?
5. What attacks Jim in his nightmare before he saves Billy Jenkins?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)