|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which child is in danger?
(a) The girl with jade green eyes.
(b) The boy with violet eyes.
(c) The girl with sandy hair.
(d) The boy in a summery white dress.
2. What is the time difference between Boston and Portland?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Three minutes.
(c) Three days.
(d) There is no time difference.
3. What is Christine's special skill?
(a) Ricotta cheesecake.
(b) Making matches.
4. What saves Jim from being seriously hurt in the crash?
(a) His sunglasses.
(b) The shot gun.
(c) A pillow on the passenger seat.
(d) A safety harness.
5. Which weapon would a reporter use?
(a) A large blunt instrument.
(b) A chainsaw.
(c) A small pistol.
(d) A switchblade.
6. How did Jim's parents die?
(a) Plane crash.
(b) A traffic accident.
(c) Old age.
(d) Shot by armed robbers.
7. How does Holly find Jim's address?
(a) By checking real estate transactions in OC.
(b) By checking the details of lottery winners in the OC.
(c) She discovers it by accident while driving.
(d) She applies for it at the DMV.
8. What can Jim do better than Eddie?
(a) Fight one handed.
(b) A flying kick.
(d) Ride a Stairmaster.
9. What relatives does Jim still have?
(a) A couple of cousins in Akron.
(b) Grandparents in Santa Barbara.
(c) An uncle in Vegas.
(d) An aunty in the Santa Ynez Valley.
10. Where is the windmill in Jim's dream?
(a) On his uncle's cornfield.
(b) Inbetween two mountains in the Mojave.
(c) Nearby a pond at his parent's cottage.
(d) On his grandparent's farm.
11. What trait do Portlanders share?
(a) A love of roses.
(b) A dislike of New York.
(c) A charming smugness.
(d) An ability to communicate with the earth.
12. What has unmatchable purity?
(a) Forest mud.
(b) Voices in the dirt.
(c) A sterilized surgery.
(d) The vapor of sublime poetry.
13. What does Jim find in his attic?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A revolver.
(c) Spiders and wasps.
(d) The Enemy.
14. How attractive does Jim find Christine Dubrovek?
(a) He finds her pretty.
(b) He finds her unbelievably beautiful.
(c) He finds her boringly average.
(d) He does not find her good looking at all.
15. Who finally stops to help?
(a) A station wagon full of luggage.
(b) A black car with red flames.
(c) A family of three in a motor home.
(d) A large truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which strategy does Jim use in foil the pony-tailed biker?
2. Which dispatched criminal is Jim likened to by Sam?
3. Why is Lodden surprised by the plane's lack of control?
4. Why is Holly unable to stop herself entering the windmill?
5. Why is it obvious that Jim is not a librarian?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)