|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which desert is Jim driving through?
(a) The Chihuahuan.
(b) The Great Basin.
(c) The Sonoran.
(d) The Mojave.
2. What is unusual about the driver of the Peterbilt?
(a) They offer too much assistance.
(b) A lack of Samaritan spirit.
(c) They are driving too slowly.
(d) They are driving too quickly.
3. How often does Jim usually have his windmill dreams?
(a) Not less than twice a month.
(b) Once every two months exactly.
(c) Not more than twice a month.
(d) Usually three times a week.
4. Which dispatched criminal is Jim likened to by Sam?
(a) Norman Rink.
(b) Louis Andretti.
(c) Carmen Diaz.
5. Which weapon would a reporter use?
(a) A large blunt instrument.
(b) A switchblade.
(c) A small pistol.
(d) A chainsaw.
6. What is unusual about Jim's latest windmill dream?
(a) It has come again too soon.
(b) The windmill is on fire.
(c) The appearance of his parents.
(d) The appearance of Holly.
7. How do Jim's colorful clothes affect Holly's pursuit?
(a) They have no effect.
(b) She can keep her distance.
(c) He is camouflaged by other tourists.
(d) She must stay right behind him.
8. What has a bonding effect on strangers?
(a) The closeness of airplane seating.
(b) A common odour.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) The imminence of death.
9. What does Jim find to taste like blood?
(a) Holy water.
(b) The moisture inside a cactus.
(c) Root beer.
(d) Sandy ice cubes.
10. What reason does Holly give for her gluttony in the bakery?
(a) She has not eaten all morning.
(b) She eats when she is horny.
(c) She has a fast metabolism.
(d) She is addicted to pastries.
11. Why is Bernice concerned about Holly?
(a) Holly is talking to herself in public.
(b) She has stopped eating her pancakes.
(c) She looks like she hasn't slept in weeks.
(d) Bernice thinks that she will skip on the bill.
12. What lie does Holly tell Viola about her relationship with Jim?
(a) That Jim is her brother.
(b) She is the mother of his child.
(c) They were former teachers at the same school.
(d) Jim owes her money.
13. Which strategy does Jim use in foil the pony-tailed biker?
(a) He decides to wait beneath the motor home for the biker's next move.
(b) He surprises him with recklessness.
(c) He starts shooting up through the floor of the motor home.
(d) He calls to the two passing cars to stop and help.
14. Which superhero does Thaddeus liken Jim to?
(c) Captain America.
(d) Spongebob Squarepants.
15. Whose face does Holly unexpectedly see in her thoughts during landing?
(a) Her first love Lenny.
(b) Jim Ironheart.
(c) Her favourite teacher Mrs. Rooney.
(d) Her old best friend Lori Clugar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Holly unable to stop herself entering the windmill?
2. Why does Holly read the Travis McGee novel?
3. Why does Holly stay in Laguna Hills?
4. What is Holly's knockout punch?
5. Which child is in danger?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)