|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Hero, The Friend: August 24 - 26: Chapter 4: Pages 130 - 167.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jim almost shot by the biker's second shot?
(a) Right between the eyes.
(b) In the chest.
(c) On the right side of his face.
(d) Above the left knee.
2. How does Tommy describe life?
(a) It is not getting the muffin you ordered.
(b) It's the smaller truck that you don't want to drive.
(c) It is winning the Timber Trophy when you want a Pulitzer prize.
(d) It is like waking up to discover you are still at work.
3. What mesmerizes Holly?
(a) The tumbling shoe.
(b) A severed foot.
(c) The sparks from the crashing truck.
(d) The sound of the truck engine.
4. Which strategy does Jim use in foil the pony-tailed biker?
(a) He calls to the two passing cars to stop and help.
(b) He decides to wait beneath the motor home for the biker's next move.
(c) He starts shooting up through the floor of the motor home.
(d) He surprises him with recklessness.
5. How did Viola's husband die?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Struck by lightning.
(c) As a casualty of the Vietnam war.
(d) Hit and run accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people does Holly despise?
2. What saves Jim from being seriously hurt in the crash?
3. What does Holly use to hide in the ticket line?
4. What surprises Holly about Jim's house?
5. Who regularly snores in the office?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)