|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Hero, The Friend: August 24 - 26: Chapter 4: Pages 130 - 167.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bernice concerned about Holly?
(a) She has stopped eating her pancakes.
(b) Bernice thinks that she will skip on the bill.
(c) Holly is talking to herself in public.
(d) She looks like she hasn't slept in weeks.
2. How did Viola's husband die?
(a) Struck by lightning.
(b) As a casualty of the Vietnam war.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Hit and run accident.
3. How does Tommy describe life?
(a) It's the smaller truck that you don't want to drive.
(b) It is like waking up to discover you are still at work.
(c) It is not getting the muffin you ordered.
(d) It is winning the Timber Trophy when you want a Pulitzer prize.
4. What reason does Holly give for her gluttony in the bakery?
(a) She has not eaten all morning.
(b) She has a fast metabolism.
(c) She eats when she is horny.
(d) She is addicted to pastries.
5. Which child is in danger?
(a) The boy in a summery white dress.
(b) The girl with sandy hair.
(c) The boy with violet eyes.
(d) The girl with jade green eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mesmerizes Holly?
2. What is chained to the roof of the motor home?
3. What is Jim afraid of?
4. Where does Jim go for fresh air?
5. What lie does Holly tell Viola about her relationship with Jim?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)