Part One: The Hero, The Friend: August 12: Chapters 1 - 5
• Jim Ironheart packs and heads for the Airport where he realizes he must head for Portland.
• He takes a scenic tour of the city in a taxi until he suddenly knows his destination is a school and he has to be there in fifteen minutes.
• Holly Thorne is a reporter interviewing a poet.
• Jim runs into Holly as he runs to save a boy from an out of control truck driver.
• Holly decides to interview Jim, but he refuses.
• Jim allows her to drive him to the airport and flirts with her as she drops him off.
Part One: The Hero, The Friend: August 20 - 22: Chapters 1 - 5
• Jim speeds through the Mojave Desert in a stolen car with a shotgun to his side.
• He finds a dying man in a station wagon who whispers the names of his wife...
This section contains 1,811 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)