|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Luisa to the surface, after she goes back to her sinking car?
2. What is the name of the fabricant nursery that Hae-Joo and Sonmi spend the night at?
3. After seeing the killing of the fabricants, Sonmi decides that the fabricants need what?
4. Ha-why is related to what locale today?
5. What tribe abducts Zachry's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Sonmi and Hae-Joo flee the university, what happens to Hae-Joo's aide?
2. Who are the Prescients?
3. How does the story of Zarchry begin?
4. Who does Seaboard announce as the replacement for Grimaldi?
5. Who are colonists in Sonmi's world?
6. What happens to Cavendish's brother, Denholme, while Cavendish is in Aurora House?
7. When Frobisher learns that Ayrs "borrows" a refrain from Frobisher's work, what is Ayrs' reponse?
8. What happens when Frobisher goes to visit Eva at the van de Veldt's house?
9. Why does Napier protect Luisa?
10. What does Cavendish gradually recover after his apparent stroke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zachry and Meronym struggle to find safety, as do other characters in the book. What is the struggle to find safety symbolic of? Use specific examples in the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Several characters engage in violence or hurtful acts in the stories. How are their motivations for these acts similar or different from each other? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Use examples from the book to answer the following question: Which character, or characters, in this book are heroes and why?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)