|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The leader of the union movement disguises himself as a what, when he talks to Sonmi?
2. What does Cavendish struggle after his apparent medical problem?
3. What does the man mutter as he throws the fabricant doll into the river?
4. What does Frobisher borrow when he leaves Ayrs?
5. What the last name of Ernie, who Cavendish befriends at the Aurora House?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the story of Zarchry begin?
2. What does Cavendish gradually recover after his apparent stroke?
3. Why can Cavendish not get the second half of the manuscript he is reading?
4. In the parlor of the madam, a serpent-like creature, what happens to Sonmi?
5. As Sonmi and Hae-Joo flee the university, what happens to Hae-Joo's aide?
6. What are the "souls" that Sonmi and Hae-Joo get in Haumdonggil?
7. What happens to Luisa after her car gets pushed into the water?
8. What news does Duophysite give to Meronym and Zachry?
9. Who does Seaboard announce as the replacement for Grimaldi?
10. What is the Honokaa Barter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several characters engage in violence or hurtful acts in the stories. How are their motivations for these acts similar or different from each other? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Use examples from the book to answer the following question: What is the author's purpose in making the settings familiar, but not exactly like, the world we live in today?
Essay Topic 3
How is the relationship between Frobisher and Ayrs like, and unlike, other relationships between characters in the book? Use specific examples of other characters' relationships to support your answer to this question.
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)