|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the Sixsmith report earn Fay?
2. How long is Meronym staying with the Valleymen?
3. How is the plane that Isaac and Alberto Grimaldi are on blown up?
4. After seeing the killing of the fabricants, Sonmi decides that the fabricants need what?
5. What is the name of the Prescient man who Zachry talks to over the orison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the "souls" that Sonmi and Hae-Joo get in Haumdonggil?
2. Who does Seaboard announce as the replacement for Grimaldi?
3. What does Cavendish gradually recover after his apparent stroke?
4. According to Hae-Joo, why is the Union going through so much trouble to save on fabricant?
5. What does Zachry find in Meronym's pack?
6. How does the story of Zarchry begin?
7. What happens when Frobisher goes to visit Eva at the van de Veldt's house?
8. What news does Duophysite give to Meronym and Zachry?
9. In the parlor of the madam, a serpent-like creature, what happens to Sonmi?
10. As Sonmi and Hae-Joo flee the university, what happens to Hae-Joo's aide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is "Sloosh'a's Crossin' an' Everythin' After," the climax of the book? What evidence from the story supports, or doesn't support, the notion that this chapter is the climax?
Essay Topic 2
What is the birthmark that Sonmi, and others, are supposed to have? What is its significance? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What role does religion play for the various characters in the various stories? Use examples from the stories to support your answer.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)