|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cavendish find his letter, torn to bits?
2. What does Hae-Joo's aide do, that gives away Hae-Joo and Sonmi's position?
3. What does Meronym swear on, to Zachry, that she means no harm?
4. While Cavendish recovers, he reads "Half Lives: The First Luisa Rey Mystery" and decides it makes a good what?
5. Where are Sonmi and Hae-Joo when another car stops by them and a man gets out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Duophysite give to Meronym and Zachry?
2. When Frobisher learns that Ayrs "borrows" a refrain from Frobisher's work, what is Ayrs' reponse?
3. What are the "souls" that Sonmi and Hae-Joo get in Haumdonggil?
4. Who does Seaboard announce as the replacement for Grimaldi?
5. Why does Zachry, initially, mistrust Meronym?
6. Why is Fay Li waiting for Luisa at the bank vault?
7. What happens to Luisa after her car gets pushed into the water?
8. What does Zachry find in Meronym's pack?
9. What do Ernie, Veronica and Cavendish do in the boiler room?
10. What happens to Cavendish's brother, Denholme, while Cavendish is in Aurora House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples from the story, how are all the stories tied together? What makes them relate to one another so that they are in one book?
Essay Topic 2
How is Cavendish partly to blame for the situations he finds himself in throughout the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is "ascending" for the fabricants? What demonstrates that Sonmi has ascended? What evidence is there to show that she has not ascended? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)