|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hae-Joo's aide is hit by what?
2. While Cavendish recovers, he reads "Half Lives: The First Luisa Rey Mystery" and decides it makes a good what?
3. What does Hae-Joo's aide do, that gives away Hae-Joo and Sonmi's position?
4. How old is Zachry when the Prescients propose that one of their own go live with the Valleymen?
5. What is the name of Sixsmith's yacht?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the "souls" that Sonmi and Hae-Joo get in Haumdonggil?
2. What happens to Luisa after her car gets pushed into the water?
3. Who does Seaboard announce as the replacement for Grimaldi?
4. In the parlor of the madam, a serpent-like creature, what happens to Sonmi?
5. What happens to the letter Cavendish tries to get the pastor to send for him?
6. What does Cavendish decide to do after escaping from Aurora House?
7. Why does Napier protect Luisa?
8. As Sonmi and Hae-Joo flee the university, what happens to Hae-Joo's aide?
9. What do Ernie, Veronica and Cavendish do in the boiler room?
10. Why can Cavendish not get the second half of the manuscript he is reading?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is "Sloosh'a's Crossin' an' Everythin' After," the climax of the book? What evidence from the story supports, or doesn't support, the notion that this chapter is the climax?
Essay Topic 2
Which character represents the best that humanity has to offer? Why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the various stories, name one theme and how that theme is present in all the stories.
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)