|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event happens before "Sloosh'a's Crossin"?
2. When Frobisher arrives at Eva's host family's home in Bruges, after leaving Ayrs, what is Eva in the midst of?
3. How many ascended fabricants does the revolutionary movement want in its army?
4. What is the name of the slum that Hae-Joo and Sonmi escape to?
5. Who does Frobisher ask to drive him to the nearby World War I cemetery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ernie, Veronica and Cavendish do in the boiler room?
2. How does the story of Zarchry begin?
3. Who are colonists in Sonmi's world?
4. Who does Seaboard announce as the replacement for Grimaldi?
5. As Sonmi and Hae-Joo flee the university, what happens to Hae-Joo's aide?
6. What happens to Cavendish's brother, Denholme, while Cavendish is in Aurora House?
7. What news does Duophysite give to Meronym and Zachry?
8. Why does Napier protect Luisa?
9. What happens when Frobisher goes to visit Eva at the van de Veldt's house?
10. What does Cavendish decide to do after escaping from Aurora House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the views that the Reverend states over dinner similar to the views of the pure-bloods in Nea So Corpos? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Which character represents the best that humanity has to offer? Why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the birthmark that Sonmi, and others, are supposed to have? What is its significance? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)