|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the Sixsmith report earn Fay?
2. Who finds Cavendish on the phone at Aurora House?
3. What does Ayrs borrow from Frobisher?
4. What is the name of the fabricant nursery that Hae-Joo and Sonmi spend the night at?
5. What is the name of Eva's weekday host family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the "souls" that Sonmi and Hae-Joo get in Haumdonggil?
2. According to Hae-Joo, why is the Union going through so much trouble to save on fabricant?
3. What do Ernie, Veronica and Cavendish do in the boiler room?
4. How does Hae-Joo get Sonmi on the Golden Ark where she can see what is happening?
5. How does the story of Zarchry begin?
6. Who are the Prescients?
7. What does Cavendish decide to do after escaping from Aurora House?
8. Who does Seaboard announce as the replacement for Grimaldi?
9. What happens when Frobisher goes to visit Eva at the van de Veldt's house?
10. What does Cavendish gradually recover after his apparent stroke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the word, "prescient" mean? How does the meaning of the word fit in with the name of the tribe, "Prescients"? What implications does this have for the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Use examples from the book to answer the following question: What is the author's purpose in making the settings familiar, but not exactly like, the world we live in today?
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the various stories, name one theme and how that theme is present in all the stories.
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)