|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why dioesthe man throw the fabricant doll in to the freezing river?
2. What does Meronym give Zachry to save his sister?
3. Where does the group manage to hide the head nurse on the day of their escape?
4. What is the name of the slum that Hae-Joo and Sonmi escape to?
5. Who is waiting for Luisa when she goes to collect a few things from her apartment after her car accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zachry, initially, mistrust Meronym?
2. In the parlor of the madam, a serpent-like creature, what happens to Sonmi?
3. What does Cavendish decide to do after escaping from Aurora House?
4. What is the Honokaa Barter?
5. Why is Fay Li waiting for Luisa at the bank vault?
6. What does Cavendish gradually recover after his apparent stroke?
7. Why does Napier protect Luisa?
8. Who are colonists in Sonmi's world?
9. What happens to Luisa after her car gets pushed into the water?
10. What happens when Frobisher goes to visit Eva at the van de Veldt's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Use examples from the book to answer the following question: What is the author's purpose in making the settings familiar, but not exactly like, the world we live in today?
Essay Topic 2
How is Cavendish partly to blame for the situations he finds himself in throughout the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Zachry and Meronym struggle to find safety, as do other characters in the book. What is the struggle to find safety symbolic of? Use specific examples in the story to support your answer.
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)