|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Adrian?
2. When Napier is called into the office of the Vice CEO after the plane crash, what is he offered?
3. What is the name of the document Sonmi writes over a three-week period?
4. When Luisa returns to the office, after her trip to the record shop, what does she learn?
5. While Cavendish recovers, he reads "Half Lives: The First Luisa Rey Mystery" and decides it makes a good what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eva mention to Frobisher at the top of the medieval tower, when they are alone?
2. What happens when Frobisher goes to visit Eva at the van de Veldt's house?
3. Why can Cavendish not get the second half of the manuscript he is reading?
4. According to Hae-Joo, why is the Union going through so much trouble to save on fabricant?
5. What does Cavendish gradually recover after his apparent stroke?
6. Why is Fay Li waiting for Luisa at the bank vault?
7. Why does Zachry, initially, mistrust Meronym?
8. As Sonmi and Hae-Joo flee the university, what happens to Hae-Joo's aide?
9. What does Cavendish decide to do after escaping from Aurora House?
10. Who does Seaboard announce as the replacement for Grimaldi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples from the story, how are all the stories tied together? What makes them relate to one another so that they are in one book?
Essay Topic 2
How is the relationship between Frobisher and Ayrs like, and unlike, other relationships between characters in the book? Use specific examples of other characters' relationships to support your answer to this question.
Essay Topic 3
What does it mean that Sonmi eventually becomes revered as a god? Support your answer with examples and citations from the text.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)