|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frobisher ask to drive him to the nearby World War I cemetery?
2. How long does it take Zachry and Meronym to climb Mauna Kea?
3. Where does Cavendish find his letter, torn to bits?
4. What does Frobisher borrow when he leaves Ayrs?
5. Who, at Christmas, does Cavendish write a letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hae-Joo get Sonmi on the Golden Ark where she can see what is happening?
2. What do Ernie, Veronica and Cavendish do in the boiler room?
3. As Sonmi and Hae-Joo flee the university, what happens to Hae-Joo's aide?
4. Why does Zachry, initially, mistrust Meronym?
5. In the parlor of the madam, a serpent-like creature, what happens to Sonmi?
6. Who are colonists in Sonmi's world?
7. What news does Duophysite give to Meronym and Zachry?
8. What is the Honokaa Barter?
9. Why is Fay Li waiting for Luisa at the bank vault?
10. What does Eva mention to Frobisher at the top of the medieval tower, when they are alone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the birthmark that Sonmi, and others, are supposed to have? What is its significance? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Use examples from the book to answer the following question: How do all of the stories in "Cloud Atlas" represent a conflict between humans and society?
Essay Topic 3
How is the relationship between Frobisher and Ayrs like, and unlike, other relationships between characters in the book? Use specific examples of other characters' relationships to support your answer to this question.
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)