|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Cavendish recovers, he reads "Half Lives: The First Luisa Rey Mystery" and decides it makes a good what?
2. What does Frobisher's hotelier give him, after he gets in a fight with Eva's Swiss man?
3. At Christmas, who does Cavendish try and get to post a letter for him?
4. What is the final blow that causes Frobisher to leave Ayrs?
5. What does the man mutter as he throws the fabricant doll into the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are colonists in Sonmi's world?
2. Why does Napier protect Luisa?
3. What happens to the letter Cavendish tries to get the pastor to send for him?
4. Why does Zachry, initially, mistrust Meronym?
5. What happens to Cavendish's brother, Denholme, while Cavendish is in Aurora House?
6. When Frobisher learns that Ayrs "borrows" a refrain from Frobisher's work, what is Ayrs' reponse?
7. What do Ernie, Veronica and Cavendish do in the boiler room?
8. What does Zachry find in Meronym's pack?
9. According to Hae-Joo, why is the Union going through so much trouble to save on fabricant?
10. What does Eva mention to Frobisher at the top of the medieval tower, when they are alone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Use examples from the book to answer the following question: What is the author's purpose in making the settings familiar, but not exactly like, the world we live in today?
Essay Topic 2
Is Frobisher a good friend to Sixsmith? Why or why not? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the various stories, name one theme and how that theme is present in all the stories.
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)