|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Sonmi?
2. Who does Frobisher ask to drive him to the nearby World War I cemetery?
3. What is a facescaper?
4. How is the plane that Isaac and Alberto Grimaldi are on blown up?
5. Who is Georgette to Cavendish?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Prescients?
2. What does Cavendish decide to do after escaping from Aurora House?
3. What happens to Luisa after her car gets pushed into the water?
4. Who does Seaboard announce as the replacement for Grimaldi?
5. As Sonmi and Hae-Joo flee the university, what happens to Hae-Joo's aide?
6. What does Eva mention to Frobisher at the top of the medieval tower, when they are alone?
7. What do Ernie, Veronica and Cavendish do in the boiler room?
8. According to Hae-Joo, why is the Union going through so much trouble to save on fabricant?
9. Who are colonists in Sonmi's world?
10. Why can Cavendish not get the second half of the manuscript he is reading?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is "ascending" for the fabricants? What demonstrates that Sonmi has ascended? What evidence is there to show that she has not ascended? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the various stories, name one theme and how that theme is present in all the stories.
Essay Topic 3
How is the relationship between Frobisher and Ayrs like, and unlike, other relationships between characters in the book? Use specific examples of other characters' relationships to support your answer to this question.
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)