|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ha-why is related to what locale today?
2. When Frobisher arrives at Eva's host family's home in Bruges, after leaving Ayrs, what is Eva in the midst of?
3. How long does it take Zachry and Meronym to climb Mauna Kea?
4. How much money does the Sixsmith report earn Fay?
5. What is the name for the microchip implanted in all naturally-born fingers that allows them passage from one area to another?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Cavendish's brother, Denholme, while Cavendish is in Aurora House?
2. What do Ernie, Veronica and Cavendish do in the boiler room?
3. How does Hae-Joo get Sonmi on the Golden Ark where she can see what is happening?
4. What does Eva mention to Frobisher at the top of the medieval tower, when they are alone?
5. What news does Duophysite give to Meronym and Zachry?
6. Who are the Prescients?
7. As Sonmi and Hae-Joo flee the university, what happens to Hae-Joo's aide?
8. Who are colonists in Sonmi's world?
9. What are the "souls" that Sonmi and Hae-Joo get in Haumdonggil?
10. Why does Zachry, initially, mistrust Meronym?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is "Sloosh'a's Crossin' an' Everythin' After," the climax of the book? What evidence from the story supports, or doesn't support, the notion that this chapter is the climax?
Essay Topic 2
Which of the various stories is the most important to the message the book is trying to get across? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Use examples from the book to answer the following question: How do all of the stories in "Cloud Atlas" represent a conflict between humans and society?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)