|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Eva's weekday host family?
2. How many ascended fabricants does the revolutionary movement want in its army?
3. What is the name of Sixsmith's yacht?
4. What does Meronym swear on, to Zachry, that she means no harm?
5. How long is Meronym staying with the Valleymen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can Cavendish not get the second half of the manuscript he is reading?
2. What does Cavendish decide to do after escaping from Aurora House?
3. What happens to Cavendish's brother, Denholme, while Cavendish is in Aurora House?
4. How does the story of Zarchry begin?
5. What do Ernie, Veronica and Cavendish do in the boiler room?
6. What happens when Frobisher goes to visit Eva at the van de Veldt's house?
7. What happens to Luisa after her car gets pushed into the water?
8. Who are the Prescients?
9. What does Zachry find in Meronym's pack?
10. According to Hae-Joo, why is the Union going through so much trouble to save on fabricant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the word, "prescient" mean? How does the meaning of the word fit in with the name of the tribe, "Prescients"? What implications does this have for the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How is "Sloosh'a's Crossin' an' Everythin' After," the climax of the book? What evidence from the story supports, or doesn't support, the notion that this chapter is the climax?
Essay Topic 3
Use examples from the book to answer the following question: What is the author's purpose in making the settings familiar, but not exactly like, the world we live in today?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)