|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Sonmi?
2. What does Frobisher send to Sixsmith with the later letter and the completed manuscript of "Cloud Atlas"?
3. What is the name of the fabricant nursery that Hae-Joo and Sonmi spend the night at?
4. Why does Frobisher want to go to the nearby World War I cemetery?
5. What is the name of the document Sonmi writes over a three-week period?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frobisher leave Ayrs?
2. What does Zachry find in Meronym's pack?
3. Why does Napier protect Luisa?
4. Why is Fay Li waiting for Luisa at the bank vault?
5. What happens to the letter Cavendish tries to get the pastor to send for him?
6. Who are colonists in Sonmi's world?
7. What happens to Luisa after her car gets pushed into the water?
8. Why can Cavendish not get the second half of the manuscript he is reading?
9. How does the story of Zarchry begin?
10. In the parlor of the madam, a serpent-like creature, what happens to Sonmi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the word, "prescient" mean? How does the meaning of the word fit in with the name of the tribe, "Prescients"? What implications does this have for the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How are the views that the Reverend states over dinner similar to the views of the pure-bloods in Nea So Corpos? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Is Frobisher a good friend to Sixsmith? Why or why not? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)