|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the document Sonmi writes over a three-week period?
2. What happens to the strongbox after Fay removes the report?
3. Where does the group manage to hide the head nurse on the day of their escape?
4. Why does Luisa return to her sinking car?
5. What does Frobisher send to Sixsmith with the later letter and the completed manuscript of "Cloud Atlas"?
Essay Topic 1
Several characters engage in violence or hurtful acts in the stories. How are their motivations for these acts similar or different from each other? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the birthmark that Sonmi, and others, are supposed to have? What is its significance? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is "ascending" for the fabricants? What demonstrates that Sonmi has ascended? What evidence is there to show that she has not ascended? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)