|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernie use the phone to do?
2. Who is Sonmi's counterpart to the Valleymen?
3. Who does Frobisher ask to drive him to the nearby World War I cemetery?
4. How is the plane that Isaac and Alberto Grimaldi are on blown up?
5. Where does Luisa plan to spend a few days, after letting Seaboard think she is dead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several characters engage in violence or hurtful acts in the stories. How are their motivations for these acts similar or different from each other? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What does the word, "prescient" mean? How does the meaning of the word fit in with the name of the tribe, "Prescients"? What implications does this have for the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Use examples from the book to answer the following question: How do all of the stories in "Cloud Atlas" represent a conflict between humans and society?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)