|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why dioesthe man throw the fabricant doll in to the freezing river?
2. What is a facescaper?
3. Where does Cavendish's brother drown?
4. While Cavendish recovers, he reads "Half Lives: The First Luisa Rey Mystery" and decides it makes a good what?
5. Where are the fabricants, who are on the Golden Ark, supposed to be going?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ernie, Veronica and Cavendish do in the boiler room?
2. What does Zachry find in Meronym's pack?
3. Who are the Prescients?
4. In the parlor of the madam, a serpent-like creature, what happens to Sonmi?
5. What does Cavendish decide to do after escaping from Aurora House?
6. Who does Seaboard announce as the replacement for Grimaldi?
7. How does the story of Zarchry begin?
8. When Frobisher learns that Ayrs "borrows" a refrain from Frobisher's work, what is Ayrs' reponse?
9. What news does Duophysite give to Meronym and Zachry?
10. What are the "souls" that Sonmi and Hae-Joo get in Haumdonggil?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples from the story, how are all the stories tied together? What makes them relate to one another so that they are in one book?
Essay Topic 2
Which of the various stories is the most important to the message the book is trying to get across? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How is Cavendish partly to blame for the situations he finds himself in throughout the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)