|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many ascended fabricants does the revolutionary movement want in its army?
2. Where does Cavendish get taken, after he is found on the phone at Aurora House?
3. How old is Zachry when his brother is abducted?
4. What does Ayrs borrow from Frobisher?
5. Why does Luisa return to her sinking car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cavendish decide to do after escaping from Aurora House?
2. What happens when Frobisher goes to visit Eva at the van de Veldt's house?
3. Who are the Prescients?
4. In the parlor of the madam, a serpent-like creature, what happens to Sonmi?
5. Who are colonists in Sonmi's world?
6. What does Zachry find in Meronym's pack?
7. What are the "souls" that Sonmi and Hae-Joo get in Haumdonggil?
8. According to Hae-Joo, why is the Union going through so much trouble to save on fabricant?
9. What happens to the letter Cavendish tries to get the pastor to send for him?
10. Why does Zachry, initially, mistrust Meronym?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is "ascending" for the fabricants? What demonstrates that Sonmi has ascended? What evidence is there to show that she has not ascended? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Which of the various stories is the most important to the message the book is trying to get across? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How is Cavendish partly to blame for the situations he finds himself in throughout the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)