|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of gun does Vyvyan give Frobisher?
2. Where does Adam Ewing practice law?
3. What happens to Cavendish to cause him to drop his silverware?
4. Why does the Captain want the doctor to sail with them?
5. Who finds the nine letters that Sixsmith stashes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the population of the corporate society, where Sonmi lives, divided?
2. Describe the gun that Ayrs gives Frobisher.
3. When Frobisher learns that Ayrs "borrows" a refrain from Frobisher's work, what is Ayrs' reponse?
4. What does Cavendish own?
5. Why does Napier protect Luisa?
6. What happens when Frobisher goes to visit Eva at the van de Veldt's house?
7. Describe Kim's lab.
8. Why does the Captain bring Ewing and Goose along with him to meet the Reverend?
9. What does Zachry find in Meronym's pack?
10. How does Smoke kill Sixsmith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the relationship between Frobisher and Ayrs like, and unlike, other relationships between characters in the book? Use specific examples of other characters' relationships to support your answer to this question.
Essay Topic 2
Several characters engage in violence or hurtful acts in the stories. How are their motivations for these acts similar or different from each other? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How are the views that the Reverend states over dinner similar to the views of the pure-bloods in Nea So Corpos? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)