|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cavendish break to try and escape?
2. What does Adam draw on the map he gives the sailors?
3. What is Adam looking for in the South Pacific?
4. What is the shape of the birthmark Frobisher has on his shoulder?
5. Who finds the nine letters that Sixsmith stashes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Adam Ewing?
2. What does Cavendish own?
3. What happens to Cavendish while he is traveling to the location his brother sends him to?
4. What is the content of the first letter mentioned in "The Letters from Zedelgheim?"
5. Who is Professor Mephi?
6. How is the story of "An Orison of Sonmi-451" told?
7. How does Smoke kill Sixsmith?
8. Why are Hoggins' two nephews approaching Cavendish?
9. What is the question Sixsmith asks his television about the safety of the HYDRA project?
10. How is the population of the corporate society, where Sonmi lives, divided?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples from the story, how are all the stories tied together? What makes them relate to one another so that they are in one book?
Essay Topic 2
What is the contrast the book makes between violence and peace? Why is it an important contrast? Choose specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How are the views that the Reverend states over dinner similar to the views of the pure-bloods in Nea So Corpos? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)