|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of recurring illness does Vyvyan suffer from?
2. What does Adam draw on the map he gives the sailors?
3. What is the location of Seaboard's HYDRA project?
4. What type of career does Sixsmith have?
5. What name does D'Arnoq give the first natives of the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the gun that Ayrs gives Frobisher.
2. Who is Adam Ewing?
3. What is the history of the islands, according to Mr. D'Arnoq?
4. Describe the congregation that Dr. Goose and Adam go to on Sunday.
5. How is the story of "An Orison of Sonmi-451" told?
6. Why does Cavendish not have any money when he tries to get a loan from his brother?
7. What is the content of the first letter mentioned in "The Letters from Zedelgheim?"
8. What does Cavendish own?
9. Why are Hoggins' two nephews approaching Cavendish?
10. What is Dr. Goose doing when Adam meets him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is "Sloosh'a's Crossin' an' Everythin' After," the climax of the book? What evidence from the story supports, or doesn't support, the notion that this chapter is the climax?
Essay Topic 2
Several characters engage in violence or hurtful acts in the stories. How are their motivations for these acts similar or different from each other? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How is Cavendish partly to blame for the situations he finds himself in throughout the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)