|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fabricant is Wing?
2. Who says that fabricants don't have a personality?
3. Who takes Sonmi out on outings, away from the university?
4. Why is the elevator that Sixsmith and Luisa Rey on stopped?
5. What does Cavendish read on the way to Aurora House?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Autua get accepted as a member of the crew?
2. What news does Duophysite give to Meronym and Zachry?
3. According to Hae-Joo, why is the Union going through so much trouble to save on fabricant?
4. As Sonmi and Hae-Joo flee the university, what happens to Hae-Joo's aide?
5. What are the "souls" that Sonmi and Hae-Joo get in Haumdonggil?
6. How does Goose rationalize his poisoning of Ewing?
7. Describe the congregation that Dr. Goose and Adam go to on Sunday.
8. How is the story of "An Orison of Sonmi-451" told?
9. What does Luisa encounter when she reaches the entrance of Swannekke Island?
10. Why can Cavendish not get the second half of the manuscript he is reading?
Essay Topic 1
What does the word, "prescient" mean? How does the meaning of the word fit in with the name of the tribe, "Prescients"? What implications does this have for the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the various stories, name one theme and how that theme is present in all the stories.
Essay Topic 3
How is "Sloosh'a's Crossin' an' Everythin' After," the climax of the book? What evidence from the story supports, or doesn't support, the notion that this chapter is the climax?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)