|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is "An Orison of Sonmi-451" told?
2. How many letters are in the first portion of "Letters from Zedelgheim"?
3. What is Adam looking for in the South Pacific?
4. How many days does Grelsch give Luisa to complete her expose?
5. What is the name given to naturally born individuals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are colonists in Sonmi's world?
2. What is the content of the first letter mentioned in "The Letters from Zedelgheim?"
3. What is Dr. Goose doing when Adam meets him?
4. Why is Fay Li waiting for Luisa at the bank vault?
5. Why does Zachry, initially, mistrust Meronym?
6. What does Luisa encounter when she reaches the entrance of Swannekke Island?
7. What is Frobisher's plan regarding Ayrs?
8. What is the history of the islands, according to Mr. D'Arnoq?
9. What does Sixsmith do with the key to his expose?
10. What is the question Sixsmith asks his television about the safety of the HYDRA project?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Cavendish partly to blame for the situations he finds himself in throughout the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is "ascending" for the fabricants? What demonstrates that Sonmi has ascended? What evidence is there to show that she has not ascended? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Use examples from the book to answer the following question: What is the author's purpose in making the settings familiar, but not exactly like, the world we live in today?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)