|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chang calls himself what?
2. Who is Hoggins' only review written by?
3. What is the name of the book dealer that Frobisher goes to meet?
4. What type of composition is Vyvyan and Frobisher's first collaboration?
5. What does Cavendish challenge the three, rough teenage girls for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Frobisher to become vexed with his affair with Ayrs' wife?
2. How does Smoke kill Sixsmith?
3. What is the content of the first letter mentioned in "The Letters from Zedelgheim?"
4. Why does Cavendish not report having his watch stolen?
5. How, and why, does Hoggins act out towards Finch?
6. Describe the gun that Ayrs gives Frobisher.
7. What do the clones do at Papa Song's restaurant?
8. How is the story of "An Orison of Sonmi-451" told?
9. Who is Professor Mephi?
10. Describe Kim's lab.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the relationship between Frobisher and Ayrs like, and unlike, other relationships between characters in the book? Use specific examples of other characters' relationships to support your answer to this question.
Essay Topic 2
Use examples from the book to answer the following question: How do all of the stories in "Cloud Atlas" represent a conflict between humans and society?
Essay Topic 3
How is "Sloosh'a's Crossin' an' Everythin' After," the climax of the book? What evidence from the story supports, or doesn't support, the notion that this chapter is the climax?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)