|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cavendish try to borrow money from, as a last resort.
2. When Adam goes exploring, what does he stumble into?
3. What is the name of the butler that Frobisher waits for, who brings him back to Vyvyan's home?
4. Where does Chang take Sonmi in chapter five?
5. What does Adam draw on the map he gives the sailors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "Union" in Sonmi's world?
2. Who is Professor Mephi?
3. Why does Cavendish not report having his watch stolen?
4. What happens to Cavendish while he is traveling to the location his brother sends him to?
5. What is Frobisher's plan regarding Ayrs?
6. How does Autua get accepted as a member of the crew?
7. How does Smoke kill Sixsmith?
8. Describe Kim's lab.
9. What does Cavendish own?
10. How is the story of "An Orison of Sonmi-451" told?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which of the various stories is the most important to the message the book is trying to get across? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What does the word, "prescient" mean? How does the meaning of the word fit in with the name of the tribe, "Prescients"? What implications does this have for the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the various stories, name one theme and how that theme is present in all the stories.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)