|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many scientists does Seaboard get to go along with the potentially dangerous HYDRA project?
2. How does Yoona get a stash of objects?
3. How does Autua get on the ship?
4. Who tackles Cavendish when he tries to escape?
5. What happens to Cavendish to cause him to drop his silverware?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the story of "An Orison of Sonmi-451" told?
2. How does Autua get accepted as a member of the crew?
3. Describe Luisa's famous father.
4. What is the "Union" in Sonmi's world?
5. What do the clones do at Papa Song's restaurant?
6. Why does Cavendish not have any money when he tries to get a loan from his brother?
7. What does Luisa encounter when she reaches the entrance of Swannekke Island?
8. Describe Kim's lab.
9. What does Frobisher find in Ayrs' library?
10. How does Luisa's car end up in the water?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is "ascending" for the fabricants? What demonstrates that Sonmi has ascended? What evidence is there to show that she has not ascended? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How is the relationship between Frobisher and Ayrs like, and unlike, other relationships between characters in the book? Use specific examples of other characters' relationships to support your answer to this question.
Essay Topic 3
Use examples from the book to answer the following question: Which character, or characters, in this book are heroes and why?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)