|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Frobisher return to the constabulary, that he earlier borrows?
2. What meal is Cavendish eating when he drops his silverware?
3. What year are the letters in the first portion of "Letters from Zedelgheim" written?
4. Who does Cavendish try to borrow money from, as a last resort.
5. How many scientists does Seaboard get to go along with the potentially dangerous HYDRA project?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frobisher's plan regarding Ayrs?
2. Describe Luisa's famous father.
3. What are the letters that the title, "The Letters from Zedelgheim", refers to?
4. Who is Professor Mephi?
5. What do the clones do at Papa Song's restaurant?
6. How does Smoke kill Sixsmith?
7. What does Sixsmith do with the key to his expose?
8. What happens to Cavendish while he is traveling to the location his brother sends him to?
9. Who is Adam Ewing?
10. Why does Cavendish not have any money when he tries to get a loan from his brother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the views that the Reverend states over dinner similar to the views of the pure-bloods in Nea So Corpos? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is "ascending" for the fabricants? What demonstrates that Sonmi has ascended? What evidence is there to show that she has not ascended? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Several characters engage in violence or hurtful acts in the stories. How are their motivations for these acts similar or different from each other? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)