|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jocasta?
2. What is Change wearing when Sonmi first meets him?
3. What kind of recurring illness does Vyvyan suffer from?
4. Yoona's escape attempt is blamed on who?
5. What is the name of Seaboard's PR liaison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Hoggins' two nephews approaching Cavendish?
2. What happens to Cavendish while he is traveling to the location his brother sends him to?
3. Describe the gun that Ayrs gives Frobisher.
4. Describe the congregation that Dr. Goose and Adam go to on Sunday.
5. How does Smoke kill Sixsmith?
6. Why does the Captain request a moment alone with Dr. Goose?
7. How is the story of "An Orison of Sonmi-451" told?
8. What does Sixsmith do with the key to his expose?
9. How is the population of the corporate society, where Sonmi lives, divided?
10. How does Autua get accepted as a member of the crew?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the contrast the book makes between violence and peace? Why is it an important contrast? Choose specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is "ascending" for the fabricants? What demonstrates that Sonmi has ascended? What evidence is there to show that she has not ascended? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What does it mean that Sonmi eventually becomes revered as a god? Support your answer with examples and citations from the text.
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)