|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shape of the birthmark Frobisher has on his shoulder?
2. What time do Frobisher and Vyvyan end work by, every afternoon?
3. When the Dr. Henry and Adam take an early morning walk, what kind of punishment is being given to a native?
4. How long do the fabricants work when they are at the restaurant?
5. Where does Sixsmith stash the nine letters he reads before going to dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Autua get accepted as a member of the crew?
2. How is the population of the corporate society, where Sonmi lives, divided?
3. What is the "Union" in Sonmi's world?
4. How does Luisa's car end up in the water?
5. What does Cavendish own?
6. What does Frobisher find in Ayrs' library?
7. Why does the Captain request a moment alone with Dr. Goose?
8. What causes Frobisher to become vexed with his affair with Ayrs' wife?
9. What is Frobisher's plan regarding Ayrs?
10. Describe the congregation that Dr. Goose and Adam go to on Sunday.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is "ascending" for the fabricants? What demonstrates that Sonmi has ascended? What evidence is there to show that she has not ascended? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What does the word, "prescient" mean? How does the meaning of the word fit in with the name of the tribe, "Prescients"? What implications does this have for the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Zachry and Meronym struggle to find safety, as do other characters in the book. What is the struggle to find safety symbolic of? Use specific examples in the story to support your answer.
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)