Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Captain want the doctor to sail with them?
2. What does Frobisher study at school?
3. What type of fabricant is Wing?
4. Where does Cavendish challenge three, rough teenage girls?
5. What does Cavendish challenge the three, rough teenage girls for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Adam Ewing?
2. Why does the Captain bring Ewing and Goose along with him to meet the Reverend?
3. What does Zachry find in Meronym's pack?
4. What is Frobisher's plan regarding Ayrs?
5. Why does Cavendish not report having his watch stolen?
6. What news does Duophysite give to Meronym and Zachry?
7. Describe the gun that Ayrs gives Frobisher.
8. What are the "souls" that Sonmi and Hae-Joo get in Haumdonggil?
9. How does Goose rationalize his poisoning of Ewing?
10. What is the content of the first letter mentioned in "The Letters from Zedelgheim?"
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples from the story, how are all the stories tied together? What makes them relate to one another so that they are in one book?
Essay Topic 2
Use examples from the book to answer the following question: How do all of the stories in "Cloud Atlas" represent a conflict between humans and society?
Essay Topic 3
What is the contrast the book makes between violence and peace? Why is it an important contrast? Choose specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)