|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does D'Arnoq give the first natives of the island?
2. Where is Sixsmith when chapter three begins?
3. Who says that fabricants don't have a personality?
4. How does Yoona get a stash of objects?
5. What kind of recurring illness does Vyvyan suffer from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Autua get accepted as a member of the crew?
2. What does Luisa encounter when she reaches the entrance of Swannekke Island?
3. Why are Hoggins' two nephews approaching Cavendish?
4. What is Dr. Goose doing when Adam meets him?
5. What is the question Sixsmith asks his television about the safety of the HYDRA project?
6. Why does the Captain request a moment alone with Dr. Goose?
7. What is the "Union" in Sonmi's world?
8. What are the letters that the title, "The Letters from Zedelgheim", refers to?
9. How is the population of the corporate society, where Sonmi lives, divided?
10. What is the content of the first letter mentioned in "The Letters from Zedelgheim?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several characters engage in violence or hurtful acts in the stories. How are their motivations for these acts similar or different from each other? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is "ascending" for the fabricants? What demonstrates that Sonmi has ascended? What evidence is there to show that she has not ascended? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using specific examples from the story, how are all the stories tied together? What makes them relate to one another so that they are in one book?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)