|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chang calls himself what?
2. What is Isaac's, the engineer, last name?
3. How many scientists does Seaboard get to go along with the potentially dangerous HYDRA project?
4. What name does D'Arnoq give the first natives of the island?
5. What day does Yoona try and escape the dinery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cavendish own?
2. How, and why, does Hoggins act out towards Finch?
3. What happens to Cavendish while he is traveling to the location his brother sends him to?
4. How does Smoke kill Sixsmith?
5. What does Frobisher find in Ayrs' library?
6. Describe Kim's lab.
7. Describe the gun that Ayrs gives Frobisher.
8. How does Luisa's car end up in the water?
9. How is the population of the corporate society, where Sonmi lives, divided?
10. How is the story of "An Orison of Sonmi-451" told?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Use examples from the book to answer the following question: What is the author's purpose in making the settings familiar, but not exactly like, the world we live in today?
Essay Topic 2
What is the birthmark that Sonmi, and others, are supposed to have? What is its significance? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How is Cavendish partly to blame for the situations he finds himself in throughout the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)