|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the aging and wealthy composer Frobisher wants to be an aide for?
2. Who finds the nine letters that Sixsmith stashes?
3. How does Yoona get a stash of objects?
4. How does Autua get on the ship?
5. What is the shape of the birthmark Frobisher has on his shoulder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cavendish not have any money when he tries to get a loan from his brother?
2. Why are Hoggins' two nephews approaching Cavendish?
3. What is Frobisher's plan regarding Ayrs?
4. Who is Professor Mephi?
5. Describe the gun that Ayrs gives Frobisher.
6. Why does the Captain request a moment alone with Dr. Goose?
7. What does Frobisher find in Ayrs' library?
8. How is the population of the corporate society, where Sonmi lives, divided?
9. How is the story of "An Orison of Sonmi-451" told?
10. Describe the congregation that Dr. Goose and Adam go to on Sunday.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the word, "prescient" mean? How does the meaning of the word fit in with the name of the tribe, "Prescients"? What implications does this have for the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using specific examples from the story, how are all the stories tied together? What makes them relate to one another so that they are in one book?
Essay Topic 3
How are the views that the Reverend states over dinner similar to the views of the pure-bloods in Nea So Corpos? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)