|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Captain want the doctor to sail with them?
2. What does Frobisher study at school?
3. What type of fabricant is Wing?
4. Where does Cavendish challenge three, rough teenage girls?
5. What does Cavendish challenge the three, rough teenage girls for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Adam Ewing?
2. Why does the Captain bring Ewing and Goose along with him to meet the Reverend?
3. What does Zachry find in Meronym's pack?
4. What is Frobisher's plan regarding Ayrs?
5. Why does Cavendish not report having his watch stolen?
6. What news does Duophysite give to Meronym and Zachry?
7. Describe the gun that Ayrs gives Frobisher.
8. What are the "souls" that Sonmi and Hae-Joo get in Haumdonggil?
9. How does Goose rationalize his poisoning of Ewing?
10. What is the content of the first letter mentioned in "The Letters from Zedelgheim?"
Essay Topic 1
Use examples from the book to answer the following question: What is the author's purpose in making the settings familiar, but not exactly like, the world we live in today?
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the various stories, name one theme and how that theme is present in all the stories.
Essay Topic 3
Use examples from the book to answer the following question: How do all of the stories in "Cloud Atlas" represent a conflict between humans and society?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)