|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry say that Adam is suffering from?
2. What type of fabricant is Wing?
3. What does Cavendish challenge the three, rough teenage girls for?
4. Where does Sixsmith stash the nine letters he reads before going to dinner?
5. How long do the fabricants work when they are at the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "Union" in Sonmi's world?
2. How is the population of the corporate society, where Sonmi lives, divided?
3. How, and why, does Hoggins act out towards Finch?
4. What does Luisa encounter when she reaches the entrance of Swannekke Island?
5. What does Sixsmith do with the key to his expose?
6. What is the history of the islands, according to Mr. D'Arnoq?
7. How is the story of "An Orison of Sonmi-451" told?
8. Describe the congregation that Dr. Goose and Adam go to on Sunday.
9. How does Luisa's car end up in the water?
10. Describe the gun that Ayrs gives Frobisher.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples from the story, how are all the stories tied together? What makes them relate to one another so that they are in one book?
Essay Topic 2
What is "ascending" for the fabricants? What demonstrates that Sonmi has ascended? What evidence is there to show that she has not ascended? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Use examples from the book to answer the following question: What is the author's purpose in making the settings familiar, but not exactly like, the world we live in today?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)