Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Captain want the doctor to sail with them?
2. What does Frobisher study at school?
3. What type of fabricant is Wing?
4. Where does Cavendish challenge three, rough teenage girls?
5. What does Cavendish challenge the three, rough teenage girls for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Adam Ewing?
2. Why does the Captain bring Ewing and Goose along with him to meet the Reverend?
3. What does Zachry find in Meronym's pack?
4. What is Frobisher's plan regarding Ayrs?
5. Why does Cavendish not report having his watch stolen?
6. What news does Duophysite give to Meronym and Zachry?
7. Describe the gun that Ayrs gives Frobisher.
8. What are the "souls" that Sonmi and Hae-Joo get in Haumdonggil?
9. How does Goose rationalize his poisoning of Ewing?
10. What is the content of the first letter mentioned in "The Letters from Zedelgheim?"
Essay Topic 1
How is Cavendish partly to blame for the situations he finds himself in throughout the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Which of the various stories is the most important to the message the book is trying to get across? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Which character represents the best that humanity has to offer? Why? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)