|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cavendish try to borrow money from, as a last resort.
2. When Kim first talks to Sonmi, he says he is leaving for how long?
3. What year are the letters in the first portion of "Letters from Zedelgheim" written?
4. Who says that fabricants don't have a personality?
5. What is the name of the book dealer that Frobisher goes to meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Sonmi and Hae-Joo flee the university, what happens to Hae-Joo's aide?
2. What does Cavendish own?
3. What news does Duophysite give to Meronym and Zachry?
4. Who are colonists in Sonmi's world?
5. How does Smoke kill Sixsmith?
6. What happens when Frobisher goes to visit Eva at the van de Veldt's house?
7. Why does Napier protect Luisa?
8. What is the question Sixsmith asks his television about the safety of the HYDRA project?
9. What are the "souls" that Sonmi and Hae-Joo get in Haumdonggil?
10. What do Ernie, Veronica and Cavendish do in the boiler room?
Essay Topic 1
What is the contrast the book makes between violence and peace? Why is it an important contrast? Choose specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is "ascending" for the fabricants? What demonstrates that Sonmi has ascended? What evidence is there to show that she has not ascended? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using specific examples from the story, how are all the stories tied together? What makes them relate to one another so that they are in one book?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)