|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adam draw on the map he gives the sailors?
2. How long does it take for Adam's ship to make repairs at the island?
3. What type of fabricant is Wing?
4. Why does the Captain want the doctor to sail with them?
5. Where does Cavendish challenge three, rough teenage girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Autua get accepted as a member of the crew?
2. What happens to Cavendish's brother, Denholme, while Cavendish is in Aurora House?
3. What is the content of the first letter mentioned in "The Letters from Zedelgheim?"
4. Why does the Captain request a moment alone with Dr. Goose?
5. Who are colonists in Sonmi's world?
6. Who are the Prescients?
7. What happens when Frobisher goes to visit Eva at the van de Veldt's house?
8. What causes Frobisher to become vexed with his affair with Ayrs' wife?
9. As Sonmi and Hae-Joo flee the university, what happens to Hae-Joo's aide?
10. Why is Fay Li waiting for Luisa at the bank vault?
Essay Topic 1
Which of the various stories is the most important to the message the book is trying to get across? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is the birthmark that Sonmi, and others, are supposed to have? What is its significance? Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How is Cavendish partly to blame for the situations he finds himself in throughout the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)