|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ernie and Veronica hide out?
(a) The basement.
(b) The boiler room.
(c) The gardening shed.
(d) The garage.
2. How many times a year do the Valleymen trace to trade with the Prescients?
(b) Four times.
(d) Three times.
3. Who, at Christmas, does Cavendish write a letter?
(a) His friends.
(b) His publisher.
(c) His secretary.
(d) His children.
4. When Frobisher arrives at Eva's host family's home in Bruges, after leaving Ayrs, what is Eva in the midst of?
(a) A party.
(b) A job.
(c) A work interview.
(d) A dress fitting.
5. Why does Ayrs believe he owns everything Frobisher creates?
(a) Because he employs Frobisher.
(b) Because he is letting Frobisher stay at his house.
(c) Because Frobisher is an apprentice.
(d) Because he is Frobisher's mentor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sonmi is from what location?
2. Ernie warns Cavendish to be careful, or else there is something put in what?
3. Who does Frobisher ask to drive him to the nearby World War I cemetery?
4. What does Meronym want to study from the Valleymen?
5. What is the title of the Valleymen's leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Fay Li waiting for Luisa at the bank vault?
2. What happens to Cavendish's brother, Denholme, while Cavendish is in Aurora House?
3. Why does Frobisher leave Ayrs?
4. Why does Zachry, initially, mistrust Meronym?
5. When Frobisher learns that Ayrs "borrows" a refrain from Frobisher's work, what is Ayrs' reponse?
6. How does Hae-Joo get Sonmi on the Golden Ark where she can see what is happening?
7. What is the Honokaa Barter?
8. What happens when Frobisher goes to visit Eva at the van de Veldt's house?
9. Why can Cavendish not get the second half of the manuscript he is reading?
10. Who does Seaboard announce as the replacement for Grimaldi?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)