|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Zachry when the Prescients propose that one of their own go live with the Valleymen?
2. What is the name of the fabricant nursery that Hae-Joo and Sonmi spend the night at?
(c) The Farm.
(d) The Bank.
3. What is the shape of the birthmark that Meronym has on her shoulder?
(a) A spiral.
(b) A leaf.
(c) A comet.
(d) A sun.
4. At Christmas, who does Cavendish try and get to post a letter for him?
(a) The pastor.
(b) A visitor.
(c) A doctor.
(d) The nurse.
5. When Luisa returns to the office, after her trip to the record shop, what does she learn?
(a) She's put on leave.
(b) She's fired.
(c) She's retired.
(d) She's transferred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final blow that causes Frobisher to leave Ayrs?
2. Who finds Cavendish on the phone at Aurora House?
3. Who does Frobisher ask to drive him to the nearby World War I cemetery?
4. Why does Frobisher want to go to the nearby World War I cemetery?
5. Where does Cavendish get taken, after he is found on the phone at Aurora House?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Luisa after her car gets pushed into the water?
2. How does the story of Zarchry begin?
3. Why does Zachry, initially, mistrust Meronym?
4. When Frobisher learns that Ayrs "borrows" a refrain from Frobisher's work, what is Ayrs' reponse?
5. Why does Frobisher leave Ayrs?
6. Who are the Prescients?
7. According to Hae-Joo, why is the Union going through so much trouble to save on fabricant?
8. Why is Fay Li waiting for Luisa at the bank vault?
9. What happens to the letter Cavendish tries to get the pastor to send for him?
10. Why can Cavendish not get the second half of the manuscript he is reading?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)