|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Valleymen keep in their leader's house?
(a) Icons of their ancestors.
(b) Icons of their gods.
(c) Icons of their dead.
(d) Icons of their offerings to the gods.
2. What job does Zachry hold?
(b) Food creator.
(c) Water specialist.
(d) Goat herder.
3. What does Meronym want to study from the Valleymen?
(a) Their religion and spirituality.
(b) Their farming techniques.
(c) Their customs and ways.
(d) Their sustainable living.
4. When Napier is called into the office of the Vice CEO after the plane crash, what is he offered?
(a) A relocation.
(b) An early retirement package.
(c) A shift in responsibilities.
(d) A promotion.
5. What is the name of Eva's weekday host family?
(a) Van de Rigoues.
(b) Van de Veldes.
(c) Van de Courises.
(d) Van de Weldes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Sonmi and Hae-Joo when another car stops by them and a man gets out?
2. How long is Meronym staying with the Valleymen?
3. How old is Zachry when his brother is abducted?
4. Why does Ayrs believe he owns everything Frobisher creates?
5. Where does Cavendish leave the contact information for the author of "Half Lives"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Luisa after her car gets pushed into the water?
2. What happens when Frobisher goes to visit Eva at the van de Veldt's house?
3. When Frobisher learns that Ayrs "borrows" a refrain from Frobisher's work, what is Ayrs' reponse?
4. How does the story of Zarchry begin?
5. According to Hae-Joo, why is the Union going through so much trouble to save on fabricant?
6. In the parlor of the madam, a serpent-like creature, what happens to Sonmi?
7. Why does Zachry, initially, mistrust Meronym?
8. What news does Duophysite give to Meronym and Zachry?
9. What are the "souls" that Sonmi and Hae-Joo get in Haumdonggil?
10. How does Hae-Joo get Sonmi on the Golden Ark where she can see what is happening?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)