|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Christmas, who does Cavendish try and get to post a letter for him?
(a) A visitor.
(b) The pastor.
(c) A doctor.
(d) The nurse.
2. Where does Cavendish leave the contact information for the author of "Half Lives"?
(a) In a safe.
(b) In his office.
(c) On the train.
(d) With his brother.
3. What is the name of the document Sonmi writes over a three-week period?
4. When Luisa returns to the office, after her trip to the record shop, what does she learn?
(a) She's fired.
(b) She's transferred.
(c) She's retired.
(d) She's put on leave.
5. How many times a year do the Valleymen trace to trade with the Prescients?
(a) Three times.
(b) Four times.
6. Where does the group manage to hide the head nurse on the day of their escape?
(a) In Cavendish's room.
(b) In the office.
(c) In the boiler room.
(d) In the basement.
7. Where are Sonmi and Hae-Joo when another car stops by them and a man gets out?
(a) By a river.
(b) On a cliff.
(c) On a bridge.
(d) On a highway.
8. What does the man mutter as he throws the fabricant doll into the river?
(a) "Thank goodness."
(b) "Good riddance."
(c) "What a relief."
(d) "Best it is gone."
9. What do the Valleymen keep in their leader's house?
(a) Icons of their dead.
(b) Icons of their offerings to the gods.
(c) Icons of their gods.
(d) Icons of their ancestors.
10. How does the group leave Aurora House?
(a) In the visiting son's car.
(b) In the nurse's car.
(c) In the Aurora House car.
(d) On a local bus.
11. What is the name of the fabricant nursery that Hae-Joo and Sonmi spend the night at?
(c) The Bank.
(d) The Farm.
12. What tribe abducts Zachry's brother?
13. Where are the fabricants, who are on the Golden Ark, supposed to be going?
(a) To California.
(b) To New Zealand.
(c) To Disneyland.
(d) To Hawaii.
14. Why dioesthe man throw the fabricant doll in to the freezing river?
(a) He doesn't think that fabricants should live.
(b) He doesn't like fabricants.
(c) He doesn't want to pay and turn it in.
(d) He doesn't want his daughter to have a fabricant doll.
15. What does Meronym give Zachry to save his sister?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A tea.
(c) A pill.
(d) A leaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meronym want to study from the Valleymen?
2. The leader of the union movement disguises himself as a what, when he talks to Sonmi?
3. Who is Georgette to Cavendish?
4. What is the title of the Valleymen's leader?
5. Who, at Christmas, does Cavendish write a letter?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)