|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frobisher's hotelier give him, after he gets in a fight with Eva's Swiss man?
(a) A reward.
(c) A better room.
2. What happens to the strongbox after Fay removes the report?
(a) It melts.
(b) It makes a loud noise.
(c) It explodes.
3. What do the Valleymen keep in their leader's house?
(a) Icons of their dead.
(b) Icons of their offerings to the gods.
(c) Icons of their gods.
(d) Icons of their ancestors.
4. What group is Hae-Joo-Im part of?
(a) The Revolution.
(b) The Hammers.
(c) The Union.
(d) The Revolt.
5. Who do Cavendish, Ernie and Veronic lure to Aurora House on the day of their escape?
(a) A simple son of a patient.
(b) A rich son of a patient.
(c) A young son of a patient.
(d) A spolied son of a patient.
6. Why does Frobisher want to go to the nearby World War I cemetery?
(a) To find his father's grave.
(b) To find his son's grave.
(c) To find his brother's grave.
(d) To find his nephew's grave.
7. How many times a year do the Valleymen trace to trade with the Prescients?
(a) Three times.
(c) Four times.
8. What does the man mutter as he throws the fabricant doll into the river?
(a) "What a relief."
(b) "Best it is gone."
(c) "Good riddance."
(d) "Thank goodness."
9. Who is waiting for Luisa when she goes to collect a few things from her apartment after her car accident?
10. What does Meronym want to study from the Valleymen?
(a) Their sustainable living.
(b) Their farming techniques.
(c) Their religion and spirituality.
(d) Their customs and ways.
11. What kind of god is Sonmi to the Valleymen?
12. What is the name of the fabricant nursery that Hae-Joo and Sonmi spend the night at?
(b) The Farm.
(c) The Bank.
13. What is the name of the slum that Hae-Joo and Sonmi escape to?
14. What is the name of the document Sonmi writes over a three-week period?
15. At Christmas, who does Cavendish try and get to post a letter for him?
(a) The nurse.
(b) A doctor.
(c) The pastor.
(d) A visitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Georgette to Cavendish?
2. When Luisa returns to the office, after her trip to the record shop, what does she learn?
3. What the last name of Ernie, who Cavendish befriends at the Aurora House?
4. Why dioesthe man throw the fabricant doll in to the freezing river?
5. What is the name for the microchip implanted in all naturally-born fingers that allows them passage from one area to another?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)