|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles north of London is Will said to be in the opening of Chapter 12: “Ghosts on the Road”?
2. Who is the Consul that writes to the Members of the Council in the opening of Chapter 5: “A Heart Divided”?
(a) Josiah Wayland.
(b) Benedict Lightwood.
(d) Victor Whitelaw.
3. What is the name of the carriage driver of the London Institute?
(a) Aloysius Starkweather.
(b) Woosley Scott.
(c) Victor Whitelaw.
(d) Cyril Tanner.
4. Who does the Consul say in Chapter 6: “Let Darkness” “was one of the strictest men I’ve known, and though he ran the Institute according to the Law, it was a cold, unwelcoming place”?
(a) Victor Whitelaw.
(b) Granville Fairchild.
(c) Benedict Lightwood.
(d) Woosley Scott.
5. What is the name of the demon that murdered Jem’s parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie give Gideon to drink while he recovers in Chapter 10: “Like Water upon Sand”?
2. What is the name of Will’s sword that he uses in Chapter 2: “The Conqueror Worm”?
3. What color dress is Aloysius Starkweather’s granddaughter wearing in the novel’s Prologue?
4. Where does Cecily spend the bulk of her time at the London Institute, according to the narrator in Chapter 7: “Dare to Wish”?
5. Aloysius Starkweather tells his granddaughter before the ceremony in the Prologue, “Your first Marks mean you are Nephilim, like me, like your mother and father. They mean you are part of” what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Tessa in the ending of Chapter 12: “Ghosts on the Road”?
2. How is the setting of Chapter 1: “A Dreadful Row” described? During what time period is this chapter set?
3. Why does Consul Wayland insist on taking the Lightwood brothers with him to the Silent City in Chapter 6: “Let Darkness”?
4. How is the character of Will Herondale described in the novel’s Prologue?
5. Describe the history of Charlotte Fairchild in The Infernal Devices trilogy. How did Charlotte come to be head of the London Institute?
6. What musical instrument does Jem play for Tessa in Chapter 8: “That Fire of Fire”? Why?
7. Describe Josiah Wayland’s history in The Infernal Devices series. What is Josiah’s position in the novel?
8. What is referred to by the term “automatons” in Clockwork Princess?
9. Where does Cecily Herondale tell Will she believes Mortmain is in hiding in Chapter 10: “Like Water upon Sand”? What has led to this conclusion?
10. What is revealed of Mrs. Black’s appearance in Chapter 12: “Ghosts on the Road”?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)