|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gabriel tells his brother Gideon in Chapter 1: “A Dreadful Row” that their father has contracted what illness?
(a) Mundane epilepsy.
(b) Vampiric cancer.
(c) Mundane influenza.
(d) Demon pox.
2. What is the term used in the novel to refer to beings that are said to be part human and part demon, or the demonic counterpart of Shadowhunters, who are part human and part Angel?
3. What month is it when the Institute’s carriage rolls into the gates of Lightwood House in Chapter 2: “The Conqueror Worm”?
4. Gabriel claims in Chapter 6: “Let Darkness” to have killed the worm by putting an arrow through it where?
(a) Its tail.
(b) Its eye.
(c) Its torso.
(d) Its heart.
5. What village does Will hope to reach by nightfall in Chapter 12: “Ghosts on the Road”?
(b) Cwn Annwn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlotte tells Will and Jem in Chapter 6: “Let Darkness” that Jessamine is returning “and if none of you can bear to have her here, I will arrange for her transport to” where?
2. In the letter that opens Chapter 5: “A Heart Divided,” it is said that Charlotte Branwell has given orders to have what spy recalled to the Institute upon her release from the Silent City?
3. Where is the location of Cecily and Will Herondale’s parents’ home?
4. What is the name of the medicine that Jem is in need of in Chapter 3: “To the Last Hour”?
5. What does Jem do with the medicine and the letter when he argues with Tessa in Chapter 7: “Dare to Wish”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the setting of Chapter 1: “A Dreadful Row” described? During what time period is this chapter set?
2. What events take place when Jessamine’s carriage arrives at the London Institute in Chapter 9: “Graven in Metal”?
3. Who is Jessamine Lovelace? What is her role in Clockwork Princess?
4. Why does Consul Wayland insist on taking the Lightwood brothers with him to the Silent City in Chapter 6: “Let Darkness”?
5. What character is introduced to Will Herondale in the novel’s Prologue? How does this meeting go?
6. How is the character of Will Herondale described in the novel’s Prologue?
7. Where is Will Herondale located in the opening of Chapter 12: “Ghosts on the Road”?
8. What happens to Tessa in the ending of Chapter 12: “Ghosts on the Road”?
9. What item does Will find on his journey that leads him to believe he is on the right track in Chapter 12: “Ghosts on the Road”?
10. Describe the first letter sent by Gabriel and Gideon Lightwood to Consul Wayland in Chapter 7: “Dare to Wish.” What information is revealed in the letter?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)