|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of Cecily’s parents to whom she writes in Chapter 17: “Only Noble to be Good”?
(a) Benedict and Sarah Herondale.
(b) Andrew and Samantha Herondale.
(c) Edmund and Linette Herondale.
(d) Matthew and Christina Herondale.
2. When Gabriel joins Cecily in the training room after the arrival of the Silent Brothers in Chapter 13: “The Mind Has Mountains,” he suggests they play what card game?
(a) Texas Hold’em Poker.
(d) Beggar My Neighbor.
3. Tessa tells Mortmain in 16: “The Clockwork Princess,” “I know your adoptive parents were” what?
4. Which of William Shakespeare’s plays does Will quote and then say is “Not one of the better plays,” in Chapter 24: “The Measure of Love”?
(b) The Merry Wives of Windsor.
(d) A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
5. When Will greets Tessa in Chapter 19: “To Lie and Burn,” she is said to smell of smoke and what?
(a) Daisy water.
(b) Jasmine water.
(c) Violet water.
(d) Rose water.
6. What creatures attack Will when he is slumped outside of the stable at the inn in Chapter 14: “Parabatai”?
(b) Killer worms.
7. What name does Will call out as he unsheathes his Seraph blade in Chapter 18: “For This Alone”?
8. When Tessa transforms into the angel in Chapter 21: “Burning Gold,” she grows until she towers over Mortmain at how many feet tall?
9. Who is the author of “The Harlot’s House,” which is excerpted in the opening of Chapter 20: “The Infernal Devices”?
(a) Alexander Pope.
(b) John Milton.
(c) Charlotte Bronte.
(d) Oscar Wilde.
10. What room at the London Institute is said to be the one that most reminds Will of Jem in Chapter 23: “Than Any Evil”?
(a) The underground laboratory.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The training room.
(d) The study.
11. Who saves Will from the automaton when his Seraph blade dissolves outside the inn in Chapter 18: “For This Alone”?
(c) Tessa Gray.
12. From whom has Charlotte received a letter from just before Aloysius Starkweather arrives in Chapter 15: “Stars, Hide Your Fires”?
(a) Woosley Scott.
(b) Cecily Herondale.
(c) Victor Whitelaw.
(d) Josiah Wayland.
13. Tessa tells Will in Chapter 19: “To Lie and Burn” that she too wishes for an honorable death, like the death of whom?
14. What automaton-creature apprehends and takes Tessa from the battle in Chapter 21: “Burning Gold”?
(d) Mrs. Black.
15. Whom does Henry tell to take and throw the box from his pocket in Chapter 21: “Burning Gold”?
(a) Sophie Collins.
(b) Gabriel Lightwood.
(c) Benedict Lightwood.
(d) Cecily Herondale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tessa recalls in Chapter 19: “To Lie and Burn” that when she first met Will, he claimed to be what hero from a storybook?
2. Who is in the process of developing a transportation device in Chapter 17: “Only Noble to be Good”?
3. The title of Chapter 13: “The Mind Has Mountains” is an allusion to what poem that is cited in the opening of the chapter by Gerard Manley Hopkins?
4. Who is the werewolf that claims to know Will when he enters the inn in Chapter 14: “Parabatai”?
5. While Will reads poetry to Henry in Chapter 22: “Thunder in the Trumpet,” Henry spends his time scribbling down designs for what?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)