|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is described in the opening of the Prologue?
2. Who does the Consul say in Chapter 6: “Let Darkness” “was one of the strictest men I’ve known, and though he ran the Institute according to the Law, it was a cold, unwelcoming place”?
(a) Granville Fairchild.
(b) Victor Whitelaw.
(c) Woosley Scott.
(d) Benedict Lightwood.
3. What musical instrument does Jem play for Tessa in Chapter 8: “That Fire of Fire”?
4. In the opening of Chapter 2: “The Conqueror Worm,” the Institute’s carriage rolls through the gates of Lightwood House in what setting?
(b) Cadair Idris.
5. What day is described as “no luck at all” for marrying in the folk rhyme that opens Chapter 1: “A Dreadful Row”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the horses driving the second carriage that arrives behind Jessamine’s, Tessa notes in Chapter 8: “That Fire of Fire,” “their bodies gleamed not like the pelts of animals but like” what?
2. Whose carriage is described drawn up by the steps of Lightwood House when Tessa and the others arrive in Chapter 2: “The Conqueror Worm”?
3. What does Jem give to Will to sell for money for his drugs in Chapter 4: “To Be Wise and Love”?
4. What is the name of Aloysius Starkweather’s granddaughter whom he is comforting in the novel’s Prologue?
5. What is the name of the medicine that Jem is in need of in Chapter 3: “To the Last Hour”?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)