|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose carriage is described drawn up by the steps of Lightwood House when Tessa and the others arrive in Chapter 2: “The Conqueror Worm”?
(b) Tatiana Blackthorn’s.
(c) Josiah Wayland's.
(d) Aloysius Starkweather’s.
2. The note that is sent to Tessa’s room says for Tessa to meet the author in what room of the Institute in Chapter 8: “That Fire of Fire”?
(a) The music room.
(b) The underground lab.
(c) The training room.
(d) The kitchen.
3. To what “notorious music hall and gentlemen’s club in Piccadilly Circus” does the Consul take Gabriel and Gideon in Chapter 6: “Let Darkness”?
(a) Studio 54.
(b) The Yin Fen Room.
(c) The Club Eremiel.
(d) The Argent Rooms.
4. Chapter 8: “That Fire of Fire” opens with an excerpt from the epic poem “Tamerlane.” Who is the author of this poem?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) Lord Byron.
(c) Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
(d) Percy Bysshe Shelley.
5. Who is the cook at the London Institute that sings Irish folk ballads as she works?
(a) Charlotte Branwell.
(b) Sophie Collins.
(c) Bridget Daly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is believed to be buying up all of the demon drug that Jem needs to survive in Chapter 5: “A Heart Divided”?
2. What is the setting that is described in the opening of the Prologue?
3. What month is it when the Institute’s carriage rolls into the gates of Lightwood House in Chapter 2: “The Conqueror Worm”?
4. What does Jem give to Will to sell for money for his drugs in Chapter 4: “To Be Wise and Love”?
5. Aloysius Starkweather tells his granddaughter before the ceremony in the Prologue, “Your first Marks mean you are Nephilim, like me, like your mother and father. They mean you are part of” what?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)