|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of Chapter 2: “The Conqueror Worm,” the Institute’s carriage rolls through the gates of Lightwood House in what setting?
(a) Cadair Idris.
2. What character is referred to as a werewolf in the letter that opens Chapter 5: “A Heart Divided”?
(a) Jem Carstairs.
(b) Aloysius Starkweather.
(c) Woolsey Scott.
(d) Tessa Gray.
3. The folk rhyme that opens Chapter 1: “A Dreadful Row” begins with the line “Marry on Monday for” what?
4. What color dress is Aloysius Starkweather’s granddaughter wearing in the novel’s Prologue?
5. What is the name of the cat that lives at the London Institute and that surprises Jem and Tessa as they embrace in Chapter 8: “That Fire of Fire”?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the letter from Gideon and Gabriel to the Consul in Chapter 8: “That Fire of Fire,” it is stated that Mrs. Branwell is “in almost daily communications with” what great-uncle of hers?
2. What is the name of Will Herondale’s sister with whom he speaks in Chapter 1: “A Dreadful Row”?
3. In the letter that opens Chapter 5: “A Heart Divided,” it is said that Charlotte Branwell has given orders to have what spy recalled to the Institute upon her release from the Silent City?
4. Whose carriage is described drawn up by the steps of Lightwood House when Tessa and the others arrive in Chapter 2: “The Conqueror Worm”?
5. What is the name of the demon that murdered Jem’s parents?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)