|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
(a) As reserved, but compassionate
(b) Loving parents who are involved in their children's futures
(c) People who played cards, year after year, with their friends, and who ignored their children
(d) She does not remember them at all
2. Who does Raja share his knowledge and dreams with in the family?
(c) The jet-black cat
3. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
(a) He sang rock and roll
(b) He was a great cook
(c) He wrote poetry
(d) He drove race cars
4. What goes wrong with Dr. Biswas and Bim?
(a) Bim's father disapproves of Dr. Biswas
(b) There is too great an age difference
(c) His mother does not like her, and Bim does not really like him
(d) Dr. Biswas is of a different religion
5. What childhood event do the Misras sisters remind Tara of that night?
(a) When their parents died
(b) When the children first see Hyder Ali Sahib
(c) When the bees attacked Bim
(d) When the mad dog was shot at school
Short Answer Questions
1. How does this family dispose of the dead?
2. How does Bim recover from grieving for Aunt Mira
3. Who did their brother Raja admire above all?
4. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
5. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)