|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes care of Raja?
2. What does Mulk accuse his sisters of doing to him?
(a) Running off his musicians and denying him money
(b) Kidnapping his children
(c) Stealing his musical instruments
(d) Running off his wife
3. What surrounds Tara's family home and those of her neighbors?
(a) Gardens full of plants and birds
(b) Dry parched desert
(c) A lake
(d) Poverty and sickness
4. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
(a) Bim remarks she would never be young again for anything
(b) Bim says she would love to be a child again
(c) Bim says she doesn't remember much about her childhood
(d) Bim says she envies Tara's childhood more than her own
5. What does Dr.Biswas ask Bim to do?
(a) His laundry
(b) Meet his mother
(c) Allow him to move into the house
(d) Travel to Ceylon with him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bim compare her cat to?
2. Why did Baba refuse the new 78 records that Tara found for him?
3. What does Bim attempt to do when she joins the others in the garden area and begins talking?
4. What was the difference in religion between Raja and Hyder Ali?
5. What illness does Raja get that summer?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)