|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
(a) Mind your own business
(b) I will check for you and find out
(c) No comment
(d) I don't know the answer
2. How often do Bakul and Tara visit Bim and Baba?
(b) Every summer
(d) Every three to five years
3. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
(a) To remind her how angry she was when the letter came
(b) To blackmail Tara
(c) To remember her brother's handwriting
(d) To remind her to pay the rent
4. Where does Bakul think he and Tara should have stayed instead of at her family home?
(a) In the empty house of Hyder Ali Sahib
(b) In a hotel
(c) At the home of Bakul's parents
(d) His uncle and aunt's on Aurangzeb Road
5. What does Bim give Baba by way of apology for driving him out of the house that morning?
(a) A new car
(b) A cigar
(c) A new record
(d) An ice cream cone
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bim claim they do not have enough of for Bakul, yet she pours it generously for the cat and for Baba?
2. Who does Dr. Biswas admire above all others?
3. Where does Baba get the gramophone?
4. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
5. What does Bakul say to Tara when she decides to stay with her family that morning instead of going with him to New Delhi?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)