|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
(a) Curfew bells sound
(b) Bakul gets angry and leaves
(c) The city fires are getting dangerously close
(d) Mulk, one of the brothers, gets drunk and abusive
2. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
(a) Vietnam War ends
(b) World War II begins
(c) Independence for India and Pakistan
(d) Queen Victoria of England dies
3. Who is sitting on the veranda while Raja departs the family home?
(a) Tara, Begum the dog, and Aunt Mira
(b) Bim, Baba and the dog Begum
(c) Aunt Mira, Tara, and Bakul
(d) Bim alone
4. How did Raja meet Hyder Ali?
(a) Raja was swinging on Hyder Ali's garden gate when he reurned from a ride
(b) Hyder's horse ran over the boy
(c) At a party at the Misras house
(d) Bim introduced them
5. What happened to the father?
(a) He dies in an automobile accident
(b) He remarries
(c) He falls in love with Mira
(d) He becomes successful in business and leaves
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tara think Bim looks like?
2. What does Bim return with from Hyder Ali Sahib's house?
3. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
4. Where does Baba get the gramophone?
5. What does Mulk accuse his sisters of doing to him?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)