|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Bakul been posted when he comes to ask Bim for permission to marry Tara?
(c) United States
2. What does Bim attempt to do when she joins the others in the garden area and begins talking?
(a) To provoke reactions from Bakul and Tara
(b) Get slowly but surely drunk
(c) Sleep on the grass
(d) Flirt with Mulk
3. Why did her father give her mother injections?
(a) Her mother had t.b.
(b) Her mother was a drug addict
(c) Her mother had diabetes
(d) He was slowly poisoning her
4. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
(a) The city fires are getting dangerously close
(b) Mulk, one of the brothers, gets drunk and abusive
(c) Curfew bells sound
(d) Bakul gets angry and leaves
5. Where does Bim go with the Doctor?
(a) To a play
(b) To a concert
(c) To the river
(d) To bed
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bim recover from grieving for Aunt Mira
2. Who did their brother Raja admire above all?
3. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
4. Why did Baba refuse the new 78 records that Tara found for him?
5. Who does Raja share his knowledge and dreams with in the family?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)