|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bakul say to Tara when she decides to stay with her family that morning instead of going with him to New Delhi?
(a) She deserves time with her family after spending so much time taking care of his needs
(b) He wants a divorce
(c) She has gone back to being the hopeless person she was before he married her
(d) She has made a wise decision that he agrees with
2. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
(a) Iron their saris
(b) Stay for dinner
(c) Take the brothers to a bar
(d) Come to Calcutta with them
3. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
(a) He wrote poetry
(b) He drove race cars
(c) He sang rock and roll
(d) He was a great cook
4. How does this family dispose of the dead?
(a) Burial in an expensive crypt
(b) Burial at sea
(c) Burial in a plot in the back yard
5. What do the children call their father?
(a) The one who loves us
(c) The master of the entrance and the exit
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Biswas think Bim is not interested in his courtship?
2. Why did her father give her mother injections?
3. Why is it so strange for Bim to ask Baba if he is going to the office that morning?
4. Who does Bim choose to speak to rather than the Misras brothers and sisters?
5. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)