|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bimla think of when she hears that Gandhi has been killed?
(a) Dr. Biswas
(d) Mrs. Gandhi
2. Why does Raja's father refuse to sign for Raja to attend his chosen college?
(a) The college he wants specializes in Islamic studies
(b) The college Raja wants is too expensive
(c) The college Raja wants is not the father's alma mater
(d) The father is jealous of the closeness between Hyder Ali and Raja
3. What does Bim return with from Hyder Ali Sahib's house?
(a) A dog, a cat, and some food
(b) A dog, a servant, and the gramophone
(c) Furniture, money and some letters
(d) Books, a dog and a car
4. How did Raja meet Hyder Ali?
(a) Bim introduced them
(b) At a party at the Misras house
(c) Hyder's horse ran over the boy
(d) Raja was swinging on Hyder Ali's garden gate when he reurned from a ride
5. What is Bim's answer when Raja says he wants to grow up to be a hero?
(a) She wants to be a veterinarian
(b) She wants to be a sky diver
(c) She says she wants to grow up to be a heroine
(d) She wants to be a playwright
Short Answer Questions
1. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
2. The sisters remember playing in the sand and along the banks of what nearby river?
3. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
4. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
5. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)