|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bimla think of when she hears that Gandhi has been killed?
(a) Mrs. Gandhi
(d) Dr. Biswas
2. What does Dr.Biswas ask Bim to do?
(a) Meet his mother
(b) His laundry
(c) Travel to Ceylon with him
(d) Allow him to move into the house
3. What childhood event do the Misras sisters remind Tara of that night?
(a) When the mad dog was shot at school
(b) When the children first see Hyder Ali Sahib
(c) When the bees attacked Bim
(d) When their parents died
4. Who does Bim choose to speak to rather than the Misras brothers and sisters?
(d) One of the elder men of the Misras family
5. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
(a) Curfew bells sound
(b) Mulk, one of the brothers, gets drunk and abusive
(c) Bakul gets angry and leaves
(d) The city fires are getting dangerously close
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Raja's friends at Hindu College find out he believes the idea of Pakistan is feasible?
2. What does Tara say she wants to be when she grows up?
3. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
4. Who does Raja suggest to take over the family business?
5. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)