|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raja suggest to take over the family business?
(a) Aunt Mira
(d) Dr. Biswas
2. What happened to Hyder Ali's household members?
(a) They were imprisoned
(b) They escaped to Hyderabad
(c) They were all killed in the riots
(d) They fled to America
3. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
(a) Bim says she would love to be a child again
(b) Bim says she envies Tara's childhood more than her own
(c) Bim says she doesn't remember much about her childhood
(d) Bim remarks she would never be young again for anything
4. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
(a) Rex the camel
(b) The parrot
(c) Baba's gecko
(d) Bim's cat
5. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
(a) Vietnam War ends
(b) Queen Victoria of England dies
(c) World War II begins
(d) Independence for India and Pakistan
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Baba get the gramophone?
2. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
3. What do the children call their father?
4. Where is Tara spending all of her time?
5. Who is sitting on the veranda while Raja departs the family home?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)