|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
(a) People who played cards, year after year, with their friends, and who ignored their children
(b) She does not remember them at all
(c) As reserved, but compassionate
(d) Loving parents who are involved in their children's futures
2. What do the children call their father?
(a) The master of the entrance and the exit
(d) The one who loves us
3. What did Baba play with before the gramophone?
(c) Video games
(d) Pebbles given to him by Aunt Mira
4. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
(a) World War II begins
(b) Independence for India and Pakistan
(c) Queen Victoria of England dies
(d) Vietnam War ends
5. Where does Tara remember going for escape from the neglect of her parents?
(a) To her Aunt Mira's room
(b) To Hyder Ali Sahib's house to read
(c) To the roof of the house
(d) To school
Short Answer Questions
1. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
2. What does Bim return with from Hyder Ali Sahib's house?
3. Who is sitting on the veranda while Raja departs the family home?
4. What did Hyder Ali offer to Raja?
5. What does Bakul say to Tara when she decides to stay with her family that morning instead of going with him to New Delhi?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)