|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Baba play with before the gramophone?
(b) Video games
(c) Pebbles given to him by Aunt Mira
2. What is Tara's reaction to Bim's behavior regarding the letter?
(a) Tara decides to show the letter to Bakul to intercede on Bim's behalf
(b) Tara is shocked and tries to convince Bim that Raja is not a bad man
(c) Tara agrees that Raja is evil
(d) Tara is too busy looking at her fingernails to listen
3. What kind of business did the Misras brothers have and lose?
(a) Ice factory and soda water business
(b) Car washing
(c) Bar and Grill
(d) Auto repair shop
4. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
(a) Baba's gecko
(b) Rex the camel
(c) Bim's cat
(d) The parrot
5. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
(a) Bakul gets angry and leaves
(b) Mulk, one of the brothers, gets drunk and abusive
(c) The city fires are getting dangerously close
(d) Curfew bells sound
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
2. What skill do Raja and Bim possess and use throughout their childhood that Tara does not possess?
3. How does the richness of Hyder Ali's home compare to Raja's home?
4. Why does Dr. Biswas think Bim is not interested in his courtship?
5. Where does Tara remember going for escape from the neglect of her parents?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)