|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Baba play with before the gramophone?
(c) Video games
(d) Pebbles given to him by Aunt Mira
2. Who is sitting on the veranda while Raja departs the family home?
(a) Tara, Begum the dog, and Aunt Mira
(b) Bim, Baba and the dog Begum
(c) Bim alone
(d) Aunt Mira, Tara, and Bakul
3. Why are the Misras brothers still living alone at their family home?
(a) They are drunkards and their wives have left them
(b) The Misras sisters have asked them to come home
(c) They were wounded in the war
(d) Their wives have left them for other men
4. What happens to Aunt Mira in this chapter?
(a) She begins obsessing about the cow
(b) She begins a career as a professional caregiver
(c) She surprises everyone by marrying Dr. Biswas
(d) She dies
5. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
(a) Bakul gets angry and leaves
(b) Mulk, one of the brothers, gets drunk and abusive
(c) Curfew bells sound
(d) The city fires are getting dangerously close
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
2. When Bakul sees Bim with her students, what does he think?
3. Who does Tara think Bim looks like?
4. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
5. What is Bim's answer when Raja says he wants to grow up to be a hero?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)