|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tara think Bim looks like?
(a) Aunt Mira
(b) Their mother
(d) One of the Misras sisters
2. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
(a) A scrapbook
(b) A letter from Raja to Bim saying he is now her landlord
(c) A love letter from Dr. Biswas
(d) Photos of their last visit
3. What happened to Hyder Ali's household members?
(a) They were all killed in the riots
(b) They were imprisoned
(c) They fled to America
(d) They escaped to Hyderabad
4. Why are the Misras brothers still living alone at their family home?
(a) Their wives have left them for other men
(b) The Misras sisters have asked them to come home
(c) They are drunkards and their wives have left them
(d) They were wounded in the war
5. What was the difference in religion between Raja and Hyder Ali?
(a) Raja is Hindu, Hyder Ali is Muslim
(b) Raja is Hindu, Hyder Ali was Catholic
(c) Raja is Catholic, Ali is Muslim
(d) Raja is Hindu, Ali is an atheist
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
2. What does Raja say as he is leaving for Hyderabad?
3. What does Bim give Baba by way of apology for driving him out of the house that morning?
4. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
5. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)