|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill do Raja and Bim possess and use throughout their childhood that Tara does not possess?
(a) Ability to memorize and recite
(b) Ability to speak another language
(c) Ability to write
(d) Ability to read
2. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
(a) Iron their saris
(b) Come to Calcutta with them
(c) Stay for dinner
(d) Take the brothers to a bar
3. What does Mulk accuse his sisters of doing to him?
(a) Kidnapping his children
(b) Running off his musicians and denying him money
(c) Running off his wife
(d) Stealing his musical instruments
4. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
(a) The place where they wish to live forever
(b) A bustling business center
(c) A vibrant city representing progress
(d) As a great cemetery, with every house a tomb
5. Which neighbors do Bakul, Bim and Tara decide to visit that night?
(a) Hyder Ali Sahib
(b) Aunt Mira's family
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Misras sisters still living at the family home?
2. Who does Dr. Biswas admire above all others?
3. Where does Tara remember going for escape from the neglect of her parents?
4. What happened to Hyder Ali's household members?
5. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)