|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the people everyone is talking about that summer, according to this novel?
(a) Gandhi, Mountbatten, Churchill, Jinnah and Nehru
(b) Queen Elizabeth, Gandhi, Churchill and Nehru
(c) Gandhi, FDR, Churchill and Nehru
(d) Gandhi, Clinton, Reagan and Bush
2. What happens to Aunt Mira in this chapter?
(a) She begins a career as a professional caregiver
(b) She dies
(c) She begins obsessing about the cow
(d) She surprises everyone by marrying Dr. Biswas
3. When Bim and Baba return from Hyder Ali Sahib's house, what has happened?
(a) Tara has run off with Bakul
(b) Aunt Mira has lost her mind and is running through the garden naked
(c) The cow has drowned in the garden
(d) All of the roses have died
4. What does Bim return with from Hyder Ali Sahib's house?
(a) A dog, a servant, and the gramophone
(b) Furniture, money and some letters
(c) Books, a dog and a car
(d) A dog, a cat, and some food
5. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
(a) The parrot
(b) Baba's gecko
(c) Bim's cat
(d) Rex the camel
Short Answer Questions
1. How does this family dispose of the dead?
2. Where does Bim go with the Doctor?
3. How does Bim recover from grieving for Aunt Mira
4. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
5. What did Baba play with before the gramophone?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)