|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did her father give her mother injections?
(a) Her mother had diabetes
(b) Her mother was a drug addict
(c) Her mother had t.b.
(d) He was slowly poisoning her
2. Who is asleep on the veranda when Bakul, Bim and Tara return home?
(a) Aunt Mira
(b) The jet-black cat
(c) The pet dog
3. Who does Bim choose to speak to rather than the Misras brothers and sisters?
(a) One of the elder men of the Misras family
4. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
(a) Come to Calcutta with them
(b) Iron their saris
(c) Take the brothers to a bar
(d) Stay for dinner
5. What does Bakul say to Tara when she decides to stay with her family that morning instead of going with him to New Delhi?
(a) She has gone back to being the hopeless person she was before he married her
(b) He wants a divorce
(c) She deserves time with her family after spending so much time taking care of his needs
(d) She has made a wise decision that he agrees with
Short Answer Questions
1. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
2. Why can't they visit more often?
3. When Bakul sees Bim with her students, what does he think?
4. What did Baba play with before the gramophone?
5. What happens to Aunt Mira in this chapter?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)