|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Raja's friends at Hindu College find out he believes the idea of Pakistan is feasible?
(a) They try to kill him
(b) They change their opinion and view to his
(c) They become his enemies
(d) They write letters to the newspaper in protest
2. What is Bim's answer when Raja says he wants to grow up to be a hero?
(a) She says she wants to grow up to be a heroine
(b) She wants to be a veterinarian
(c) She wants to be a sky diver
(d) She wants to be a playwright
3. What did Hyder Ali offer to Raja?
(a) Scholarship to the Muslim university
(b) A job cleaning stables
(c) A job as chauffer
(d) Full access to his library
4. What are the names of the people everyone is talking about that summer, according to this novel?
(a) Gandhi, Mountbatten, Churchill, Jinnah and Nehru
(b) Queen Elizabeth, Gandhi, Churchill and Nehru
(c) Gandhi, Clinton, Reagan and Bush
(d) Gandhi, FDR, Churchill and Nehru
5. What surrounds Tara's family home and those of her neighbors?
(a) Dry parched desert
(b) A lake
(c) Gardens full of plants and birds
(d) Poverty and sickness
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr.Biswas ask Bim to do?
2. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
3. Where does Bakul think he and Tara should have stayed instead of at her family home?
4. What goes wrong with Dr. Biswas and Bim?
5. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)