|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
2. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
(a) A scrapbook
(b) Photos of their last visit
(c) A love letter from Dr. Biswas
(d) A letter from Raja to Bim saying he is now her landlord
3. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
(a) Bim says she would love to be a child again
(b) Bim remarks she would never be young again for anything
(c) Bim says she envies Tara's childhood more than her own
(d) Bim says she doesn't remember much about her childhood
4. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
(a) He announces his upcoming marriage
(b) He begins speaking Spanish
(c) He leaves the house
(d) He asks for pancakes for breakfast
5. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
(a) Baba's gecko
(b) Bim's cat
(c) The parrot
(d) Rex the camel
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet does Bim read to Raja to make him calm down?
2. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
3. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
4. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
5. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)