|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bakul say to Tara when she decides to stay with her family that morning instead of going with him to New Delhi?
(a) He wants a divorce
(b) She has made a wise decision that he agrees with
(c) She deserves time with her family after spending so much time taking care of his needs
(d) She has gone back to being the hopeless person she was before he married her
2. What does Bim return with from Hyder Ali Sahib's house?
(a) Books, a dog and a car
(b) A dog, a servant, and the gramophone
(c) Furniture, money and some letters
(d) A dog, a cat, and some food
3. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
(a) Bim says she envies Tara's childhood more than her own
(b) Bim says she would love to be a child again
(c) Bim remarks she would never be young again for anything
(d) Bim says she doesn't remember much about her childhood
4. Where does Tara remember going for escape from the neglect of her parents?
(a) To her Aunt Mira's room
(b) To the roof of the house
(c) To Hyder Ali Sahib's house to read
(d) To school
5. Who did their brother Raja admire above all?
(a) Roy Rogers
(c) Their father
(d) Hyder Ali Sahib
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Raja meet Hyder Ali?
2. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
3. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
4. Where has Bakul been posted when he comes to ask Bim for permission to marry Tara?
5. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)