|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins to show interest in Bim?
(a) Dr. Biswas
(b) One of her students
(d) A Buddhist monk
2. What surrounds Tara's family home and those of her neighbors?
(a) Dry parched desert
(b) A lake
(c) Poverty and sickness
(d) Gardens full of plants and birds
3. When Bakul sees Bim with her students, what does he think?
(a) That Bim is a bad teacher
(b) That Bim is in love with one of her students
(c) That perhaps he has married the wrong sister
(d) That Bim has grown fat and ugly
4. What are the names of the people everyone is talking about that summer, according to this novel?
(a) Queen Elizabeth, Gandhi, Churchill and Nehru
(b) Gandhi, FDR, Churchill and Nehru
(c) Gandhi, Mountbatten, Churchill, Jinnah and Nehru
(d) Gandhi, Clinton, Reagan and Bush
5. Who is sitting on the veranda while Raja departs the family home?
(a) Bim alone
(b) Tara, Begum the dog, and Aunt Mira
(c) Aunt Mira, Tara, and Bakul
(d) Bim, Baba and the dog Begum
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Baba get the gramophone?
2. Where does Bakul think he and Tara should have stayed instead of at her family home?
3. What language does Raja admire the most?
4. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
5. When Raja gets older, what other activity does he get involved in at Hyder Ali's home?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)