|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the difference in religion between Raja and Hyder Ali?
(a) Raja is Hindu, Ali is an atheist
(b) Raja is Catholic, Ali is Muslim
(c) Raja is Hindu, Hyder Ali is Muslim
(d) Raja is Hindu, Hyder Ali was Catholic
2. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
(a) Country music from the Misras home
(b) Bakul's transister radio
(c) Baba's old 78 records
(d) Aunt Mira playing the flute
3. What skill do Raja and Bim possess and use throughout their childhood that Tara does not possess?
(a) Ability to speak another language
(b) Ability to read
(c) Ability to memorize and recite
(d) Ability to write
4. How did Raja meet Hyder Ali?
(a) Bim introduced them
(b) Hyder's horse ran over the boy
(c) Raja was swinging on Hyder Ali's garden gate when he reurned from a ride
(d) At a party at the Misras house
5. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
(a) Take the brothers to a bar
(b) Come to Calcutta with them
(c) Stay for dinner
(d) Iron their saris
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tara think Bim looks like?
2. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
3. Why does Dr. Biswas think Bim is not interested in his courtship?
4. What does Tara say she wants to be when she grows up?
5. What is the first discussion the sisters have that shows how different they are from each other?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)