|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
(a) A bustling business center
(b) The place where they wish to live forever
(c) As a great cemetery, with every house a tomb
(d) A vibrant city representing progress
2. When Bakul sees Bim with her students, what does he think?
(a) That Bim has grown fat and ugly
(b) That perhaps he has married the wrong sister
(c) That Bim is a bad teacher
(d) That Bim is in love with one of her students
3. Where has Bakul been posted when he comes to ask Bim for permission to marry Tara?
(b) United States
4. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
(a) Energy, excitement and enthusiasm
(b) An urge to cook
(c) Heat, laziness, intimidation by her sister
(d) Sneezing and coughing
5. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
(a) Curfew bells sound
(b) Mulk, one of the brothers, gets drunk and abusive
(c) The city fires are getting dangerously close
(d) Bakul gets angry and leaves
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mulk accuse his sisters of doing to him?
2. What does Raja say as he is leaving for Hyderabad?
3. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
4. What happens to the mother?
5. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)