|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins to show interest in Bim?
(a) A Buddhist monk
(b) Dr. Biswas
(d) One of her students
2. Which neighbors do Bakul, Bim and Tara decide to visit that night?
(a) Aunt Mira's family
(d) Hyder Ali Sahib
3. What does Bim think of his statement?
(a) She believes it to be completely false
(b) She seeks out his mother for her opnion
(c) She is angry and throws him out of the house
(d) She agrees and begins weeping
4. What was the difference in religion between Raja and Hyder Ali?
(a) Raja is Hindu, Hyder Ali is Muslim
(b) Raja is Hindu, Ali is an atheist
(c) Raja is Hindu, Hyder Ali was Catholic
(d) Raja is Catholic, Ali is Muslim
5. Where does Bakul think he and Tara should have stayed instead of at her family home?
(a) In the empty house of Hyder Ali Sahib
(b) His uncle and aunt's on Aurangzeb Road
(c) At the home of Bakul's parents
(d) In a hotel
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Bakul been posted when he comes to ask Bim for permission to marry Tara?
2. What do the children call their father?
3. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
4. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
5. What does Bim compare her cat to?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)