|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goes wrong with Dr. Biswas and Bim?
(a) His mother does not like her, and Bim does not really like him
(b) Dr. Biswas is of a different religion
(c) Bim's father disapproves of Dr. Biswas
(d) There is too great an age difference
2. What poet does Bim read to Raja to make him calm down?
(a) Sylvia Plath
(d) Maya Angelou
3. How does Bim recover from grieving for Aunt Mira
(a) She writes a long letter to Raja concerning their memories of Mira
(b) She spends time at Mira's grave, talking to her
(c) Repeating the poem The Waste Land
(d) Bim begins going to church regularly
4. What was the difference in religion between Raja and Hyder Ali?
(a) Raja is Hindu, Ali is an atheist
(b) Raja is Hindu, Hyder Ali was Catholic
(c) Raja is Catholic, Ali is Muslim
(d) Raja is Hindu, Hyder Ali is Muslim
5. Who does Raja share his knowledge and dreams with in the family?
(a) The jet-black cat
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the father?
2. What does Bim think of his statement?
3. Why does Raja's father refuse to sign for Raja to attend his chosen college?
4. What surrounds Tara's family home and those of her neighbors?
5. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)