|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the father?
(a) He falls in love with Mira
(b) He dies in an automobile accident
(c) He becomes successful in business and leaves
(d) He remarries
2. What did Baba play with before the gramophone?
(b) Video games
(d) Pebbles given to him by Aunt Mira
3. Why did her father give her mother injections?
(a) Her mother was a drug addict
(b) Her mother had diabetes
(c) He was slowly poisoning her
(d) Her mother had t.b.
4. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
(a) As a great cemetery, with every house a tomb
(b) A bustling business center
(c) A vibrant city representing progress
(d) The place where they wish to live forever
5. What does Raja say as he is leaving for Hyderabad?
(a) That he wants Bim to send his books to him there
(b) That he knows his true love is Bim but he cannot have her
(c) That he will return to care for Bim and Baba
(d) That he will never come back
Short Answer Questions
1. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
2. Whose ghost does Bim claim to have seen in the garden?
3. When Bim and Baba return from Hyder Ali Sahib's house, what has happened?
4. How does this family dispose of the dead?
5. Why did Baba refuse the new 78 records that Tara found for him?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)