|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Raja admire the most?
2. When Bakul sees Bim with her students, what does he think?
(a) That Bim is in love with one of her students
(b) That Bim is a bad teacher
(c) That perhaps he has married the wrong sister
(d) That Bim has grown fat and ugly
3. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
(a) Dr. Biswas
(b) Indian Partition
(d) Bollywood celebrities
4. Who is sitting on the veranda while Raja departs the family home?
(a) Aunt Mira, Tara, and Bakul
(b) Bim alone
(c) Bim, Baba and the dog Begum
(d) Tara, Begum the dog, and Aunt Mira
5. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
(a) World War II begins
(b) Queen Victoria of England dies
(c) Independence for India and Pakistan
(d) Vietnam War ends
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Baba refuse the new 78 records that Tara found for him?
2. When Raja gets older, what other activity does he get involved in at Hyder Ali's home?
3. Where does Baba get the gramophone?
4. Why can't they visit more often?
5. What is Tara's reaction to Bim's behavior regarding the letter?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)