|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mulk accuse his sisters of doing to him?
(a) Stealing his musical instruments
(b) Kidnapping his children
(c) Running off his musicians and denying him money
(d) Running off his wife
2. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
3. What happens to the mother?
(a) She divorces the father
(b) She runs off with the chauffeur
(c) She dies without the children ever seeing her again
(d) She grows old and Bim must care for her
4. What does Tara say she wants to be when she grows up?
(a) A teacher
(b) A card player
(c) A caregiver
(d) A mother
5. What are the names of the people everyone is talking about that summer, according to this novel?
(a) Gandhi, Clinton, Reagan and Bush
(b) Gandhi, FDR, Churchill and Nehru
(c) Gandhi, Mountbatten, Churchill, Jinnah and Nehru
(d) Queen Elizabeth, Gandhi, Churchill and Nehru
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bakul sees Bim with her students, what does he think?
2. Why does Dr. Biswas think Bim is not interested in his courtship?
3. Whose ghost does Bim claim to have seen in the garden?
4. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
5. What is Bim's answer when Raja says he wants to grow up to be a hero?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)