|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
(a) Heat, laziness, intimidation by her sister
(b) An urge to cook
(c) Sneezing and coughing
(d) Energy, excitement and enthusiasm
2. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
(a) Photos of their last visit
(b) A letter from Raja to Bim saying he is now her landlord
(c) A love letter from Dr. Biswas
(d) A scrapbook
3. What instrument does Dr. Biswas play?
4. What happens to the mother?
(a) She divorces the father
(b) She dies without the children ever seeing her again
(c) She grows old and Bim must care for her
(d) She runs off with the chauffeur
5. What is Bim's answer when Raja says he wants to grow up to be a hero?
(a) She wants to be a sky diver
(b) She says she wants to grow up to be a heroine
(c) She wants to be a veterinarian
(d) She wants to be a playwright
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
2. Why does Raja's father refuse to sign for Raja to attend his chosen college?
3. What does Bim think of his statement?
4. When Raja gets older, what other activity does he get involved in at Hyder Ali's home?
5. Whose ghost does Bim claim to have seen in the garden?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)