|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Hyder Ali's household members?
(a) They were all killed in the riots
(b) They escaped to Hyderabad
(c) They were imprisoned
(d) They fled to America
2. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
(a) A letter from Raja to Bim saying he is now her landlord
(b) Photos of their last visit
(c) A love letter from Dr. Biswas
(d) A scrapbook
3. Whose ghost does Bim claim to have seen in the garden?
(a) The cow
(b) Their father
(c) Their mother
(d) Aunt Mira
4. Where has Bakul been posted when he comes to ask Bim for permission to marry Tara?
(b) United States
5. What is Tara's reaction to Bim's behavior regarding the letter?
(a) Tara is too busy looking at her fingernails to listen
(b) Tara decides to show the letter to Bakul to intercede on Bim's behalf
(c) Tara agrees that Raja is evil
(d) Tara is shocked and tries to convince Bim that Raja is not a bad man
Short Answer Questions
1. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
2. Why did her father give her mother injections?
3. What skill do Raja and Bim possess and use throughout their childhood that Tara does not possess?
4. What would Baba think if anything happened to Bim?
5. What happens when Raja's friends at Hindu College find out he believes the idea of Pakistan is feasible?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)