|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Raja admire the most?
2. What happens to the mother?
(a) She divorces the father
(b) She dies without the children ever seeing her again
(c) She runs off with the chauffeur
(d) She grows old and Bim must care for her
3. When Tara is speaking to Bakul about her realizations about her sister, what is Bakul thinking about?
(a) His travel arrangements
(b) His work
(c) Sleeping with another woman
(d) His luncheon that next day
4. Why are the Misras brothers still living alone at their family home?
(a) The Misras sisters have asked them to come home
(b) They were wounded in the war
(c) Their wives have left them for other men
(d) They are drunkards and their wives have left them
5. What goes wrong with Dr. Biswas and Bim?
(a) Dr. Biswas is of a different religion
(b) Bim's father disapproves of Dr. Biswas
(c) His mother does not like her, and Bim does not really like him
(d) There is too great an age difference
Short Answer Questions
1. What honor did Raja receive in school?
2. In this chapter, who is Tara attempting to write a letter to?
3. Which neighbors do Bakul, Bim and Tara decide to visit that night?
4. What is Tara's reaction to Bim's behavior regarding the letter?
5. What did Bim want to be when she was grown up?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)