|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
(a) A scrapbook
(b) Photos of their last visit
(c) A letter from Raja to Bim saying he is now her landlord
(d) A love letter from Dr. Biswas
2. Why did Tara marry Bakul instead of going to college and furthering her education?
(a) She was pregnant
(b) She could not decide what courses to take
(c) Tara hated school
(d) She could not afford college
3. What language does Raja admire the most?
4. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
(a) Take the brothers to a bar
(b) Iron their saris
(c) Come to Calcutta with them
(d) Stay for dinner
5. Where does Bim go with the Doctor?
(a) To a play
(b) To a concert
(c) To bed
(d) To the river
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baba say?
2. In this chapter, what does Tara apologize to Bim for?
3. What instrument does Dr. Biswas play?
4. Whose ghost does Bim claim to have seen in the garden?
5. Why does Aunt Mira ask the chidren's parents for a cow?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)