|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the climate affect the children?
(a) They were active in sports
(b) They were energized to do anything to keep warm
(c) They spent all their time out of doors riding their bikes
(d) They laid around the house or on the veranda, too hot to play anything but word games
2. Why does Dr. Biswas think Bim is not interested in his courtship?
(a) She has dedicated her life to caring for her aunt and her brothers
(b) Because she is in love with someone else
(c) She wants to become a num
(d) She is not interested in men
3. Who does Tara think Bim looks like?
(b) One of the Misras sisters
(c) Their mother
(d) Aunt Mira
4. In this chapter, who is Tara attempting to write a letter to?
(b) Her daughters
(d) One of the Misras brothers
5. What has Bim worried in this chapter?
(a) Bim has just discovered she is pregnant
(b) A letter from the family business partner, Sharma, has arrived and he wishes to speak to them
(c) Dr. Biswas is courting her again
(d) Baba is ill
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mulk accuse his sisters of doing to him?
2. Who does Bimla think of when she hears that Gandhi has been killed?
3. Who is sitting on the veranda while Raja departs the family home?
4. Why did Baba refuse the new 78 records that Tara found for him?
5. What happens on one of these summer evenings that makes an impression on all of the children?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)