|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
(a) Iron their saris
(b) Come to Calcutta with them
(c) Stay for dinner
(d) Take the brothers to a bar
2. In her mind, what does Bim compare Bakul and Tara, the Misras, Raja and his family to?
(c) Family pets
3. What happens on one of these summer evenings that makes an impression on all of the children?
(a) The river floods and Baba nearly drowns
(b) Hyder Ali Sahib rides past them on his great white horse
(c) A group of soldiers march by
(d) They find a dead cow in the river
4. What did Raja want to be when he was grown up?
(a) A writer
(b) A Hero
(c) A librarian
(d) A soldier
5. What does Bim claim they do not have enough of for Bakul, yet she pours it generously for the cat and for Baba?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bakul and Tara meet?
2. Why does Bim become angry at Tara?
3. At what age was Aunt Mira widowed?
4. What did the boys say Tara looked like when her hair was cut off?
5. As a child, what was Tara always expecting?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)