|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, what was Tara always expecting?
(a) To be punished by her parents
(b) To find out she was adopted
(c) To find a treasure or become a princess
(d) To be disappointed
2. What does Mulk accuse his sisters of doing to him?
(a) Running off his wife
(b) Stealing his musical instruments
(c) Kidnapping his children
(d) Running off his musicians and denying him money
3. What does she do with the papers?
(a) She throws most of them away, symbolically ridding herself of their hold on her
(b) She burns them
(c) She gives them to Tara's daughters
(d) She confronts Bakul with them
4. What goes wrong with Dr. Biswas and Bim?
(a) Bim's father disapproves of Dr. Biswas
(b) His mother does not like her, and Bim does not really like him
(c) Dr. Biswas is of a different religion
(d) There is too great an age difference
5. Who does Tara think Bim looks like?
(a) Their mother
(b) Aunt Mira
(c) One of the Misras sisters
Short Answer Questions
1. While they are still children, what childish claim to fame does Raja have?
2. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
3. How does Bakul deal with the atmosphere in Tara's family home during their stay?
4. How often do Bakul and Tara visit Bim and Baba?
5. Where does Raja say he will go?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)