|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bim and Raja go to cool off in the summer evenings?
(a) The River Jumna
(b) Hyder Ali Sahib's house
(c) The mall
(d) The family kitchen
2. What does Bakul say to Tara when she decides to stay with her family that morning instead of going with him to New Delhi?
(a) She deserves time with her family after spending so much time taking care of his needs
(b) She has gone back to being the hopeless person she was before he married her
(c) He wants a divorce
(d) She has made a wise decision that he agrees with
3. What instrument does Dr. Biswas play?
4. Who is sitting on the veranda while Raja departs the family home?
(a) Aunt Mira, Tara, and Bakul
(b) Bim alone
(c) Bim, Baba and the dog Begum
(d) Tara, Begum the dog, and Aunt Mira
5. What did Hyder Ali offer to Raja?
(a) Scholarship to the Muslim university
(b) A job cleaning stables
(c) Full access to his library
(d) A job as chauffer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bim compare her cat to?
2. What does Bim tell Tara to tell Raja?
3. What are the names of the people everyone is talking about that summer, according to this novel?
4. What does Bim think of his statement?
5. What happened to Hyder Ali's household members?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)