|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first discussion the sisters have that shows how different they are from each other?
(a) When is Raja arriving
(b) Growing up and things changing from when they were children
(c) What is today's weather forecast
(d) What is for breakfast
2. What overcomes Tara when she is at her family home?
(a) Energy, excitement and enthusiasm
(b) An urge to cook
(c) Sneezing and coughing
(d) Heat, laziness, intimidation by her sister
3. What is Tara's reaction to Bim's behavior regarding the letter?
(a) Tara is shocked and tries to convince Bim that Raja is not a bad man
(b) Tara is too busy looking at her fingernails to listen
(c) Tara agrees that Raja is evil
(d) Tara decides to show the letter to Bakul to intercede on Bim's behalf
4. Why are the Misras brothers still living alone at their family home?
(a) They were wounded in the war
(b) They are drunkards and their wives have left them
(c) Their wives have left them for other men
(d) The Misras sisters have asked them to come home
5. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
(a) A vibrant city representing progress
(b) A bustling business center
(c) The place where they wish to live forever
(d) As a great cemetery, with every house a tomb
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Aunt Mira in this chapter?
2. What do the children do every evening?
3. What disease did Aunt Mira nurse Bim and Raja through?
4. How does Bim handle her anger at Raja for growing up and away from the other children?
5. At lunch that day, what does Bim try to force Tara to eat?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)