|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did her father give her mother injections?
(a) He was slowly poisoning her
(b) Her mother had t.b.
(c) Her mother had diabetes
(d) Her mother was a drug addict
2. At what age was Aunt Mira widowed?
3. What does Bim say about rich, fat and successful people?
(a) She wants to be one of them
(b) They are admirable
(c) They are boring
(d) They are exciting
4. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
(a) Queen Victoria of England dies
(b) Independence for India and Pakistan
(c) World War II begins
(d) Vietnam War ends
5. What is Theosophy?
(a) A way to cook meat
(b) A type of cat
(c) A type of cow
(d) A form of religion
Short Answer Questions
1. What family pet joins the sisters in the garden?
2. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
3. Why did Tara marry Bakul instead of going to college and furthering her education?
4. When Tara speaks of being young again, what is Bim's reaction?
5. Who does Dr. Biswas admire above all others?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)