|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins to show interest in Bim?
(a) One of her students
(c) A Buddhist monk
(d) Dr. Biswas
2. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
(a) A letter from Raja to Bim saying he is now her landlord
(b) A scrapbook
(c) Photos of their last visit
(d) A love letter from Dr. Biswas
3. Why is it so strange for Bim to ask Baba if he is going to the office that morning?
(a) He has already mentioned going to the track that morning
(b) He is mentally retarded and never goes to the office
(c) Bim usually does not speak to Baba in the morning
(d) He is usually off on Tuesdays
4. Why can't they visit more often?
(a) Tara is afraid of travelling
(b) Bakul cannot drive
(c) Bakul is in foreign service and stationed in many different cities in the world
(d) Their daughters do not like Bim or Baba
5. What is one of the most memorable actions she takes against Tara?
(a) Bim tells Aunt Mira lies about Tara
(b) Bim cuts off all of Tara's hair
(c) Bim suspends Tara's telephone rights
(d) Biim exposes Tara to a swarm of bees
Short Answer Questions
1. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
2. Why does Dr. Biswas think Bim is not interested in his courtship?
3. Who does Bim direct her anger to?
4. How does Aunt Mira treat Baba?
5. What sort of books does Tara read?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)