|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
(a) A bustling business center
(b) As a great cemetery, with every house a tomb
(c) A vibrant city representing progress
(d) The place where they wish to live forever
2. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
(a) I will check for you and find out
(b) No comment
(c) I don't know the answer
(d) Mind your own business
3. What happens on one of these summer evenings that makes an impression on all of the children?
(a) Hyder Ali Sahib rides past them on his great white horse
(b) A group of soldiers march by
(c) The river floods and Baba nearly drowns
(d) They find a dead cow in the river
4. What event at school upsets Tara so much she lies to avoid it?
(a) Spelling tests
(b) Class picture day
(c) Sports Day
(d) Charity Thursdays
5. How was Mira treated by her husband's family after he died?
(a) With respect and love
(b) As if she were the Queen of India
(c) As if she were a valued member of the family
(d) As if she were their slave
Short Answer Questions
1. How does this family dispose of the dead?
2. What does Bim do that evening to help calm her mind?
3. When Raja is away from home one afternoon, what do Bim and Tara do?
4. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
5. Who is terrified of going to and being at school?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)