|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tara see in Bim that she never saw before?
(a) Hatred of Baba
(b) Meanness, cruelty, shaking, talking to herself and hoarding money and food
(c) Beauty and peace
(d) Inability to understand simple concepts
2. What does Bim say about rich, fat and successful people?
(a) They are exciting
(b) They are boring
(c) She wants to be one of them
(d) They are admirable
3. What does Bim give Baba by way of apology for driving him out of the house that morning?
(a) A new car
(b) A new record
(c) An ice cream cone
(d) A cigar
4. Why does Dr. Biswas think Bim is not interested in his courtship?
(a) Because she is in love with someone else
(b) She is not interested in men
(c) She wants to become a num
(d) She has dedicated her life to caring for her aunt and her brothers
5. When Bim and Baba return from Hyder Ali Sahib's house, what has happened?
(a) All of the roses have died
(b) Tara has run off with Bakul
(c) Aunt Mira has lost her mind and is running through the garden naked
(d) The cow has drowned in the garden
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of climate did the children grow up in?
2. Why does Bim become angry at Tara?
3. At lunch that day, what does Bim try to force Tara to eat?
4. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
5. Which of the children grew up to become exactly what they said they wanted to be as a child?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)