|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is asleep on the veranda when Bakul, Bim and Tara return home?
(a) The pet dog
(c) The jet-black cat
(d) Aunt Mira
2. What do the children do every evening?
(a) Watched the evening news on the television
(b) Wait for their parents to come home from playing bridge at the club
(c) Texted their parents on cell phones
(d) Played quietly in their rooms, did their homework and spent time with their parents
3. What happens to Aunt Mira in this chapter?
(a) She begins obsessing about the cow
(b) She begins a career as a professional caregiver
(c) She surprises everyone by marrying Dr. Biswas
(d) She dies
4. How does Aunt Mira treat Baba?
(a) She ignores him
(b) She is afraid of him and avoids him
(c) She pushes him too hard to achieve things
(d) She loves him and teaches him how to take care of himself
5. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did her father give her mother injections?
2. How did the climate affect the children?
3. What episode at school upset Tara's emotions so much she seem obsessed with one of the teachers?
4. What is Raja's favorite hobby at this time?
5. At what age was Aunt Mira widowed?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)