|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What episode at school disturbed Tara deeply and made her think of blood?
(a) One of the girls in class injures their head
(b) One of the teachers dies in class
(c) The shooting of a mad dog that was hiding under one of the buildings
(d) A bird hits the school room window and dies
2. Who does Bim choose to speak to rather than the Misras brothers and sisters?
(b) One of the elder men of the Misras family
3. Where does Raja say he will go?
(a) To America and start a new life
(b) To Hyderabad to live with the family of Hyder Ali Sahib
(c) To New Delhi and get an apartment
(d) To live with Bakul and Tara
4. Why did her father give her mother injections?
(a) Her mother had diabetes
(b) Her mother was a drug addict
(c) Her mother had t.b.
(d) He was slowly poisoning her
5. Which of the children grew up to become exactly what they said they wanted to be as a child?
(a) Baba the insurance salesman
(b) Tara, becoming a mother
(c) Raja a hero
(d) Bim the teacher
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Raja get that summer?
2. What does Tara ask Bim to do?
3. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
4. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
5. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)