|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raja say as he is leaving for Hyderabad?
(a) That he knows his true love is Bim but he cannot have her
(b) That he will never come back
(c) That he will return to care for Bim and Baba
(d) That he wants Bim to send his books to him there
2. Why can't they visit more often?
(a) Bakul cannot drive
(b) Their daughters do not like Bim or Baba
(c) Bakul is in foreign service and stationed in many different cities in the world
(d) Tara is afraid of travelling
3. Where does Tara remember going for escape from the neglect of her parents?
(a) To Hyder Ali Sahib's house to read
(b) To the roof of the house
(c) To school
(d) To her Aunt Mira's room
4. What happens on one of these summer evenings that makes an impression on all of the children?
(a) The river floods and Baba nearly drowns
(b) They find a dead cow in the river
(c) Hyder Ali Sahib rides past them on his great white horse
(d) A group of soldiers march by
5. What is wrong with Aunt Mira?
(a) She is slowly going mad and drinking
(b) She is in love with the gardner
(c) She has tuberculosis
(d) She has diabetes
Short Answer Questions
1. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
2. What happens to Aunt Mira in this chapter?
3. Where is Tara spending all of her time?
4. How does Bim recover from grieving for Aunt Mira
5. How do Bim's students describe Old Delhi?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)