|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Baba get the gramophone?
(a) He steals it from the Misras sisters
(b) He finds it in the dumpster
(c) From Sears
(d) From the empty house of Hyder Ali
2. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
(a) To blackmail Tara
(b) To remind her how angry she was when the letter came
(c) To remind her to pay the rent
(d) To remember her brother's handwriting
3. Why does Aunt Mira ask the chidren's parents for a cow?
(a) She wanted to murder a cow
(b) It was cheaper than buying from the grocery store
(c) She wants a pet
(d) The milk they had been getting delivered was watered down
4. How does the richness of Hyder Ali's home compare to Raja's home?
(a) Raja's home is shabby and empty, devoid of friends, color and charm
(b) Raja's home is full of interesting people and no one visits Ali
(c) Raja's home is full of love and compassion and Ali's is void of emotion
(d) Raja's home is welcoming and warm, and Ali's home is cold and dark
5. What is Raja's favorite hobby at this time?
(a) Watching cartoons
(b) Reading adventure books and acting out the hero characters
(c) Listening to records
(d) Stamp collecting
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child, what was Tara always expecting?
2. What did her doctor describe for the mother to deal with her illness?
3. What does Bim think of his statement?
4. Where has Bakul been posted when he comes to ask Bim for permission to marry Tara?
5. What sort of birds begin their calls before daylight around the family's home?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)