|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Mira treated by her husband's family after he died?
(a) As if she were the Queen of India
(b) With respect and love
(c) As if she were their slave
(d) As if she were a valued member of the family
2. What is Raja's favorite hobby at this time?
(a) Stamp collecting
(b) Watching cartoons
(c) Listening to records
(d) Reading adventure books and acting out the hero characters
3. What is Tara's reaction to Bim's behavior regarding the letter?
(a) Tara decides to show the letter to Bakul to intercede on Bim's behalf
(b) Tara agrees that Raja is evil
(c) Tara is shocked and tries to convince Bim that Raja is not a bad man
(d) Tara is too busy looking at her fingernails to listen
4. What color horse does Hyder Ali ride along the banks of the Jumna River
5. What happens to Aunt Mira in this chapter?
(a) She begins a career as a professional caregiver
(b) She surprises everyone by marrying Dr. Biswas
(c) She begins obsessing about the cow
(d) She dies
Short Answer Questions
1. What family pet joins the sisters in the garden?
2. How does Bim use this old letter from Raja?
3. Where has Bakul been posted when he comes to ask Bim for permission to marry Tara?
4. What does Bakul tell people who ask detrimental questions about India?
5. What happened to the cow?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)