|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does this family dispose of the dead?
(b) Burial in a plot in the back yard
(c) Burial in an expensive crypt
(d) Burial at sea
2. How did the climate affect the children?
(a) They were active in sports
(b) They laid around the house or on the veranda, too hot to play anything but word games
(c) They were energized to do anything to keep warm
(d) They spent all their time out of doors riding their bikes
3. When Raja gets older, what other activity does he get involved in at Hyder Ali's home?
(a) He chews betel leaves with the servants
(b) He joins the circle of older men on the lawn, partaking in discussions
(c) He begins to do all the cooking for the family
(d) He begins embroidery with the women
4. What does Bim pull out of the desk to show to Tara that night?
(a) A letter from Raja to Bim saying he is now her landlord
(b) A scrapbook
(c) Photos of their last visit
(d) A love letter from Dr. Biswas
5. What do the children do every evening?
(a) Played quietly in their rooms, did their homework and spent time with their parents
(b) Watched the evening news on the television
(c) Texted their parents on cell phones
(d) Wait for their parents to come home from playing bridge at the club
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet does Bim read to Raja to make him calm down?
2. When Raja is away from home one afternoon, what do Bim and Tara do?
3. What is Tara's reaction to Bim's behavior regarding the letter?
4. Why does Dr. Biswas think Bim is not interested in his courtship?
5. Where does Baba get the gramophone?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)