|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Misras sisters want Bakul, Bim and Tara to do that night?
(a) Iron their saris
(b) Take the brothers to a bar
(c) Stay for dinner
(d) Come to Calcutta with them
2. How did the climate affect the children?
(a) They laid around the house or on the veranda, too hot to play anything but word games
(b) They spent all their time out of doors riding their bikes
(c) They were active in sports
(d) They were energized to do anything to keep warm
3. What helps Raja to begin to get better?
(a) A letter from Hyder Ali Sahib and his daughter Benazir
(b) A new medicine brought by Dr. Biswas
(c) Winter arrives and it is cooler
(d) He falls in love with one of the Misras sisters
4. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
(a) He wrote poetry
(b) He drove race cars
(c) He sang rock and roll
(d) He was a great cook
5. Why can't they visit more often?
(a) Bakul cannot drive
(b) Bakul is in foreign service and stationed in many different cities in the world
(c) Tara is afraid of travelling
(d) Their daughters do not like Bim or Baba
Short Answer Questions
1. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
2. At what age was Aunt Mira widowed?
3. What episode at school upset Tara's emotions so much she seem obsessed with one of the teachers?
4. What happened to the cow?
5. What does Baba do that surprises everyone?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)