|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which neighbors do Bakul, Bim and Tara decide to visit that night?
(b) Hyder Ali Sahib
(c) Aunt Mira's family
2. What is the first discussion the sisters have that shows how different they are from each other?
(a) When is Raja arriving
(b) What is for breakfast
(c) What is today's weather forecast
(d) Growing up and things changing from when they were children
3. What are the names of the people everyone is talking about that summer, according to this novel?
(a) Queen Elizabeth, Gandhi, Churchill and Nehru
(b) Gandhi, Mountbatten, Churchill, Jinnah and Nehru
(c) Gandhi, Clinton, Reagan and Bush
(d) Gandhi, FDR, Churchill and Nehru
4. What did Bim want to be when she was grown up?
(a) A card player
(b) A race car driver
(c) A caregiver
(d) A Heroine
5. What world event occurred that year that made such a difference in the lives of the four children?
(a) Vietnam War ends
(b) World War II begins
(c) Independence for India and Pakistan
(d) Queen Victoria of England dies
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on one of these summer evenings that makes an impression on all of the children?
2. How was Mira treated by her husband's family after he died?
3. What is wrong with Aunt Mira?
4. What does Dr.Biswas ask Bim to do?
5. What talent did their brother Raja have that developed into a career for him?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)