|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the children first grows tired of Aunt Mira's ministrations and leaves the home for other adventures?
2. How does Tara, in this chapter, remember her parents?
(a) Loving parents who are involved in their children's futures
(b) She does not remember them at all
(c) As reserved, but compassionate
(d) People who played cards, year after year, with their friends, and who ignored their children
3. How was Mira treated by her husband's family after he died?
(a) With respect and love
(b) As if she were a valued member of the family
(c) As if she were the Queen of India
(d) As if she were their slave
4. What did Hyder Ali offer to Raja?
(a) Scholarship to the Muslim university
(b) A job cleaning stables
(c) A job as chauffer
(d) Full access to his library
5. What disrupts the neighborhood gathering?
(a) Bakul gets angry and leaves
(b) Curfew bells sound
(c) Mulk, one of the brothers, gets drunk and abusive
(d) The city fires are getting dangerously close
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bakul think he and Tara should have stayed instead of at her family home?
2. How does Bim react to his interest?
3. Where does Raja say he will go?
4. How does Aunt Mira treat Baba?
5. Who is terrified of going to and being at school?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)