|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bim think of his statement?
(a) She seeks out his mother for her opnion
(b) She believes it to be completely false
(c) She agrees and begins weeping
(d) She is angry and throws him out of the house
2. Where is Tara spending all of her time?
(a) At the home of Hyder Ali
(b) Under Aunt Mira's bed
(c) On the rose path
(d) At the home of the Misras sisters
3. What episode at school disturbed Tara deeply and made her think of blood?
(a) The shooting of a mad dog that was hiding under one of the buildings
(b) One of the girls in class injures their head
(c) One of the teachers dies in class
(d) A bird hits the school room window and dies
4. What is Tara's reaction to Bim's behavior regarding the letter?
(a) Tara is shocked and tries to convince Bim that Raja is not a bad man
(b) Tara is too busy looking at her fingernails to listen
(c) Tara agrees that Raja is evil
(d) Tara decides to show the letter to Bakul to intercede on Bim's behalf
5. Why does Dr. Biswas think Bim is not interested in his courtship?
(a) She wants to become a num
(b) She is not interested in men
(c) She has dedicated her life to caring for her aunt and her brothers
(d) Because she is in love with someone else
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet does Bim read to Raja to make him calm down?
2. Why does Raja's father refuse to sign for Raja to attend his chosen college?
3. What family pet is rescued from the tree in the garden?
4. How did Raja meet Hyder Ali?
5. What does Raja say as he is leaving for Hyderabad?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)