|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first discussion the sisters have that shows how different they are from each other?
(a) What is today's weather forecast
(b) Growing up and things changing from when they were children
(c) What is for breakfast
(d) When is Raja arriving
2. How does Bim react to her sister's problems at school
(a) She ignores her sister and joins in with the teasing
(b) She complains to Raja and asks him to fix it
(c) She defends Tara against the other children
(d) She goes to the teachers and asks them for help
3. Why are the Misras brothers still living alone at their family home?
(a) Their wives have left them for other men
(b) The Misras sisters have asked them to come home
(c) They were wounded in the war
(d) They are drunkards and their wives have left them
4. What do the children call their father?
(a) The master of the entrance and the exit
(d) The one who loves us
5. How was Baba different from the other children?
(a) He was very slow to progress and did not talk
(b) He could see into the future
(c) He was brilliant, a quick learner and early to walk and talk
(d) He was darker in skin color
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Baba get the gramophone?
2. How does this family dispose of the dead?
3. What does Dr. Biswas recommend as treatment for Aunt Mira?
4. Who is successful and popular at school?
5. What honor did Raja receive in school?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)