|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Biswas think Bim is not interested in his courtship?
(a) She has dedicated her life to caring for her aunt and her brothers
(b) She is not interested in men
(c) Because she is in love with someone else
(d) She wants to become a num
2. How does Aunt Mira treat Baba?
(a) She ignores him
(b) She pushes him too hard to achieve things
(c) She loves him and teaches him how to take care of himself
(d) She is afraid of him and avoids him
3. How does the richness of Hyder Ali's home compare to Raja's home?
(a) Raja's home is shabby and empty, devoid of friends, color and charm
(b) Raja's home is full of love and compassion and Ali's is void of emotion
(c) Raja's home is welcoming and warm, and Ali's home is cold and dark
(d) Raja's home is full of interesting people and no one visits Ali
4. What illness does Raja get that summer?
(a) Venereal disease
5. What do the children do every evening?
(a) Watched the evening news on the television
(b) Wait for their parents to come home from playing bridge at the club
(c) Played quietly in their rooms, did their homework and spent time with their parents
(d) Texted their parents on cell phones
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bim react to his interest?
2. Why is it so strange for Bim to ask Baba if he is going to the office that morning?
3. How was Baba different from the other children?
4. Bakul is waiting for them on the veranda. What music greets the sisters when they join Bakul?
5. Who does Bim choose to speak to rather than the Misras brothers and sisters?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)