|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Raja get that summer?
(c) Venereal disease
2. What is Raja's favorite hobby at this time?
(a) Listening to records
(b) Watching cartoons
(c) Reading adventure books and acting out the hero characters
(d) Stamp collecting
3. In the summer of what year does Bim think time stopped for the family?
4. What do Bim and the old man discuss?
(a) Dr. Biswas
(b) Bollywood celebrities
(d) Indian Partition
5. What episode at school disturbed Tara deeply and made her think of blood?
(a) A bird hits the school room window and dies
(b) One of the girls in class injures their head
(c) The shooting of a mad dog that was hiding under one of the buildings
(d) One of the teachers dies in class
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bim handle her anger at Raja for growing up and away from the other children?
2. What does Bim claim they do not have enough of for Bakul, yet she pours it generously for the cat and for Baba?
3. What event at school upsets Tara so much she lies to avoid it?
4. Who does Bim choose to speak to rather than the Misras brothers and sisters?
5. What did the boys say Tara looked like when her hair was cut off?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)