|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second ritual the unnamed narrator and R. always enact when they reach a new hotel together?
(a) They replace the lightbulbs.
(b) The unnamed narrator puts his head on R.'s chest.
(c) R. sits on the unnamed narrator's lap.
(d) They kiss in front of the main window.
2. The unnamed narrator educates R. about which literary figure in the section entitled "A Valediction"?
(a) Holden Caulfield.
(c) Esther Greenwood.
3. What type of meterological event is taking place during the section entitled "Cleanness"?
(b) Heat wave.
4. In what country is the city of Rousse, where the unnamed narrator and R. had gone together just before the opening of "Valediction"?
5. What type of transportation are the unnamed narrator and R. using when "A Valediction" opens?
(c) Tandem bicycle.
6. The unnamed narrator admits that the real source of his forgiveness regarding R.'s habitual tardiness is what?
(a) His fear.
(b) His own forgetfulness.
(c) His envy.
(d) His anger.
7. At the time of the events depicted in "Harbor," the unnamed narrator has had no contact with R. for what length of time?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 days.
8. Which character attends a college called the National Sports Academy?
9. To what type of establishment does R. lead a reluctant unnamed narrator in "A Valediction"?
(a) A pub.
(b) A hair salon.
(c) An art museum.
(d) A restaurant.
10. What type of people in Rousse are said to call out "Zapovyadaite" (135)?
11. What article of clothing does R. give to himself and to the unnamed narrator in the section entitled "The Frog King"?
(a) A pair of earmuffs.
(b) A belt.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A hat.
12. The unnamed narrator wonders whether R. is coming to their scheduled meet-up how many minutes after the agreed-upon time in "Cleanness"?
13. Who wants to attend the light show after the conclusion of the opera performance in "A Valediction"?
(a) Neither R. nor the unnamed narrator.
(b) The unnamed narrator.
(c) R. and the unnamed narrator.
14. For how many minutes does the light show at Tsaravets generally last?
15. The meteorological event mentioned in the section entitled "Cleanness" is said to have come from which continent?
(a) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Azores, where R. grew up in Portugal?
2. What game is being played by the writers featured in the section called "Harbor"?
3. Which feature of R.'s appearance is said to pour a particular feeling "over everything" (97) he and the unnamed narrator do together?
4. The unnamed narrator claims, "There's no such thing as a professional" what "in Bulgaria" (155)?
5. Which body part is NOT used by R. or the unnamed narrator as they show one another covert demonstrations of affection at the opera?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)