|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is the youngest among the members of the American cohort of writers depicted in "Harbor"?
(d) The unnamed narrator.
2. The meteorological event mentioned in the section entitled "Cleanness" is said to have come from which continent?
(c) South America.
3. The unnamed narrator take the train for a day trip to what city during their European vacation featured in "The Frog King"?
4. How many days together do R. and the unnamed narrator have in front of them when "The Frog King" begins?
5. What article of clothing does R. give to himself and to the unnamed narrator in the section entitled "The Frog King"?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A pair of earmuffs.
(c) A belt.
(d) A hat.
6. What kinds of classes were reportedly the only ones R. enjoyed in high school?
7. When the section entitled "Harbor" begins, how long has it been since the unnamed narrator has seen the sea?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
8. The section entitled "A Valediction" takes place in the middle of which month?
9. How does R. feel about the country where he was born and raised?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He is ambivalent about it.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He prizes it only during holidays.
10. Mladost, the setting of the section entitled "Cleanness" is what type of location?
(a) A prefecture.
(b) A city.
(c) A neighborhood.
(d) A province.
11. The unnamed narrator is a participant in which type of festival within the section entitled "Harbor"?
12. What sort of abuse did R. suffer at the hands of one of his father's friends?
13. Which character attends a college called the National Sports Academy?
14. At the time of the events depicted in "Harbor," the unnamed narrator has had no contact with R. for what length of time?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 1 month.
15. What does the Bulgarian term "skupi" (89) mean in English?
(a) Lord or master.
(b) Mad or of unsound mind.
(c) Rich or of a higher class.
(d) Dear or of great price.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year did Tsaravets fall, according to the unnamed narrator in "A Valediction"?
2. What is Tsavarets, according to the unnamed narrator?
3. For how many minutes does the light show at Tsaravets generally last?
4. The unnamed narrator describes R's beauty as being "stripped of" (89) what?
5. The unnamed narrator wonders whether R. is coming to their scheduled meet-up how many minutes after the agreed-upon time in "Cleanness"?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)