|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Aulus' wife disturbs him?
(a) She becomes a Christian in his absence.
(b) She becomes Jewish in his absence.
(c) She is greedy for money and power.
(d) She is known to commit adultery in his absence.
2. What does Claudius prohibit Sosibius to teach Britannicus?
(b) German history.
(c) War histories.
(d) Greek philosophy.
3. What happens to Rome after Nero dies?
(a) The restoration of the Republic.
(b) The Kings of the Near East take over the empire.
(c) Anarchy and civil war.
(d) The Britains build their own empire.
4. What sight makes Claudius happy when he reaches heaven?
(c) A library of infinite size.
(d) Literary men.
5. What trick does Posides play on the British guards at the copse?
(a) He uses a woman's voice to mimic the Hawthorne Queen.
(b) He pretends to be a Swamp Monster.
(c) He lets loose one of his own horses to divert the guards away.
(d) He rigs a fake Heron King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ritual does Claudius perform the midnight before battle?
2. How does Silas react to news that Herod is dying?
3. What plan does Britannicus present to Claudius?
4. To whom do the people compare Britannicus during the Saecular games?
5. What causes Herod to change his mind about revolting against Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might reinstating Mithridater to the Armenian throne help quell the alliance forming in the Near East?
2. How are the Romans able to surprise the Britains in the last battle to Colchester? What maneuvers do they take that seem impossible?
3. What is the invisible barrier between Claudius and the Senate, and how does it come about?
4. How does Herod symbolize his manifestation as the Messiah?
5. How does Agrippinilla give power into Nero's hands? How does Claudius react to this?
6. What attitude does Claudius take on when he marries Agrippinilla? How does the public respond?
7. How does Posides help win the war against Britain?
8. Why does Claudius call for support from the palace guards? What about them does he trust above others?
9. What is Britannicus relationship with his father? How does it change in the last years of Claudius' life?
10. Despite citing three different accounts of Claudius' death, what is in common with all of them?
This section contains 1,366 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)