|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section XI, ch. 27-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Togodumnus demand from Claudius?
(a) Bericus and the regalia.
(b) Full control of the British ports.
2. Why is Silas' appointment as Master of Horse controversial?
(a) He is a Samaritan.
(b) He is Greek.
(c) He is a Saxon.
(d) He is German.
3. Who helps restore order amongst the Roman soldiers at the Rhine?
4. Why would corn factors NOT want to enhance Ostia?
(a) It indirectly gives them greater profits.
(b) They will not be banished.
(c) The tourism industry will compete with their business.
(d) Ostia will grow a better species of corn than their current ones.
5. What brings Claudius to Ostia?
(a) Cleopatra's message.
(b) The opening of a new granary.
(c) Narcissus' message.
(d) The finishing of the new harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cleopatra and Calpurnia see in Rome that causes them alarm for Claudius?
2. What causes a delay in Claudius' war against Britain?
3. What does Claudius say he plans to do in his 7th year of rule?
4. What do the Alexandrians offer to build in honor of Claudius that most excites him?
5. What literary innovation does Claudius suggest to the Senate?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)