|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section XI, ch. 27-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbols represent life and death in Druidism?
(a) Oak tree, snake, and white bull.
(b) Oak tree, ram, and a violet.
(c) Maple tree, snake, and black bull.
(d) Water, stone, and fire.
2. Why does Vitellius write to Claudius?
(a) He believes Myron is being dishonest.
(b) He is suspicious of Messalina's honesty.
(c) The Senate is beginning to talk bad about Claudius.
(d) He believes Herod is planning a secret banquet.
3. Of the following, which is NOT a reason Caesar wants to invade Britain?
(b) To revenge the Celts assault.
(c) To compete against Pompey's military campaigns.
(d) Trading posts.
4. What slows Claudius' journey to Britain?
(a) He is afraid of the water and will only travel by land.
(b) Claudius refuses to enter Britain without his elephants.
(c) He falls ill and Xenophon orders rest.
(d) Claudius gets a snake bite along a march and must convalesce in Lyons.
5. Who helps restore order amongst the Roman soldiers at the Rhine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herod do at the temple of treasury in Jerusalem?
2. What brings Claudius to Ostia?
3. To whom do the people compare Britannicus during the Saecular games?
4. What does Claudius say he plans to do in his 7th year of rule?
5. What hoax occurs in Doris?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)