Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Broud beats Ayla, what does Brun threaten?
2. Why does Brun decide to hunt mammoth, even though it is a risky undertaking?
3. How does Ayla act towards Broud after the beating?
4. What does Ayla do that makes Creb bond with her?
5. What does Ayla find when she is looking for a place to practice her sling skills?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Creb realize about Durc?
2. Why does Broud become sexually interested in Ayla?
3. Why is Ayla embarrassed as the clan begins its journey to the Clan Gathering?
4. What is the punishment for a woman who touches a weapon?
5. Why does Ayla think she should be able to keep the baby?
6. What causes the girl to run after the earthquake?
7. Why was Creb allowed to live after his difficult birth?
8. What does Iza speculate saved the girl from the cave lion attack?
9. Why do the mog-urs of the other clans decide not to have the special ceremonial drink?
10. What does Ayla think about what Iza told her before she died?
Write an essay explaining how evolution plays a part in the novel. How is Ayla more evolved than the clan? What are the effects of her being more evolved? How do these effects influence the events in the novel?
Choose three things that Ayla considers tests from her totem.
Part 1) What are the tests? Describe the things that she thinks of as tests from her totem.
Part 2) In what ways do the tests challenge her?
Part 3) What are the rewards for meeting these challenges?
Ayla is influenced by many of the stories and legends of the clan.
Part 1) What are the legends that most influence Ayla? They can be fictional stories that are passed down through the generations, or they can be based on memories of events that happened to the clan.
Part 2) How does each legend or story directly or indirectly influence Ayla's actions and decisions?
Part 3) Do you think Ayla would have acted differently in each situation without the knowledge of the legends? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)