|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men decide about Ayla's fate?
(a) They decide to condemn her with death.
(b) The vote is tied and up to Brun, who wants to think about it until morning.
(c) They decide to let her live, but she can never touch the sling again.
(d) They decide to let her live and become a hunter.
2. Who reminds Brun that Ayla is lucky?
3. What does everyone in the clan watch Ayla do that winter?
(a) They watch as Ayla forgets her difficult pregnancy to nurse Iza back to health.
(b) They watch across the hearth boundaries as Ayla goes to bed for the rest of her pregnancy.
(c) They watch as Ayla makes special clothes for her expected baby.
(d) They watch as Ayla struggles to decide on a mate.
4. What ceremony does Brun want to plan with the Mog-ur?
(a) A ceremony to mate Ayla
(b) A ceremony to make Ayla a woman
(c) A ceremony to ward off evil spirits that might linger after the death curse
(d) A ceremony to make Ayla a hunter
5. Why does Ayla cry after looking in a pool of water?
(a) She is exhausted from the tests sent by her totem the Cave Lion.
(b) She is upset that Iza will not let her keep the deerskin she made during her death curse.
(c) She realizes she is ugly to the clan and will never have a mate.
(d) She wants to have a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Ayla that she will die if she forces the clan to accept her child?
2. How does Ayla come out of her depression?
3. What does Creb tell Ayla near the beginning of Chapter 24?
4. What instruction does Ayla get during her womanhood curse?
5. What does Ayla decide she would rather do than leave, like Iza suggested?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)