|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies while the clan is gone?
2. What does Brun do during the running, spear-throwing contest that helps his status?
(a) He suggests letting Gorn rest before the final race.
(b) He rushes the men to make the final race so that Broud will win.
(c) He makes it to the finals through sheer guts and stamina.
(d) He tells everyone that Broud will win.
3. Who in the clan was also born deformed and allowed to live?
4. What do the men decide about Ayla's fate?
(a) They decide to let her live and become a hunter.
(b) They decide to let her live, but she can never touch the sling again.
(c) They decide to condemn her with death.
(d) The vote is tied and up to Brun, who wants to think about it until morning.
5. What does Ayla do that astonishes the other clans?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She shows no fear of the pet cave bear.
(c) She undresses, revealing how different her body is.
(d) She shows everyone Durc.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Ayla that she will die if she forces the clan to accept her child?
2. What does Ayla do to prepare the ceremonial drink?
3. Who does Ayla say she missed while she was gone to break the tension?
4. What game do Ayla and Durc play together?
5. Why are the clan members surprised at Ayla's pregnancy?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)