|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Broud's totem?
(a) Wooly Rhinoceros
(b) Cave Bear
(c) Cave Lion
(d) Wooly Mammoth
2. What ceremony does Brun hope to include in the cave ceremony celebration?
(a) The ceremony to mate Iza and Creb
(b) The ceremony to make Grod new Mog-ur
(c) Broud's manhood ceremony
(d) The ceremony to make Ayla one of the clan
3. How does Ayla act towards Broud after the beating?
(a) She scurries in fear to meet his every need.
(b) She treats him with earned respect.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She begins a campaign of petty insolence.
4. What does Iza think is a usually a problem for women delivering babies?
(a) The babies' heads are too large.
(b) Not enough females are born.
(c) The babies are born too soon.
(d) Not enough males are born.
5. What does Ayla want while the clan continues traveling?
(a) She wants to pick flowers for her new friends.
(b) She wants to learn to hunt.
(c) She wants to learn to find food.
(d) She wants to run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the young girl at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Oga stop being friends with Ayla?
3. What does Creb want to teach Ayla?
4. What kind of tools are women of the clan allowed to make?
5. Why does Iza stay at Creb's hearth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brun put off a decision about mating Ayla?
2. How does Ayla finally begin to understand the clan language?
3. What do the clan members believe about how babies are conceived?
4. Why does Ayla become the center of attention after the first female sturgeon is caught?
5. Why is Iza so happy about the news that she may stay at the Mog-ur's hearth?
6. Why does Brun send Ayla to find Creb when he falls behind on the journey home?
7. How is Creb convinced that Ayla belongs with the clan now?
8. What does Iza fear will happen after she dies?
9. How does Ayla feel after the animal attack?
10. Why does Creb take Durc to the other women for nursing?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)