|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brun reprimand Broud?
(a) Broud is being lazy.
(b) Broud is taunting Ayla.
(c) Broud is pestering the women too much.
(d) Broud is beating Vorn.
2. Who is Brun's mate?
3. What does the hunt indicate to the clan about the cave?
(a) The spirits want the clan to find a home closer to the steppes.
(b) The clan will need to hunt all winter.
(c) The spirits are happy with their new home.
(d) The cave is a good place to stalk forest game.
4. What direction does the cave face, making it an excellent selection for the clan's new home?
5. What does Ayla find when she is looking for a place to practice her sling skills?
(a) Men of the Others
(b) A small cave
(c) A large supply of fresh flint
(d) An abandoned baby
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ayla do wrong when Broud hits her?
2. How long does the girl stay in the cave?
3. What does Ayla do at the sea that no one else knows how to do?
4. Who is the leader of the Clan?
5. How does Brun secretly feel about the news of Iza's baby's gender?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Iza comfort Ayla when she gets upset after looking in the pool?
2. Why does Brun put off a decision about mating Ayla?
3. How does the clan feel about Ayla staring as she learns the language?
4. What does Iza speculate saved the girl from the cave lion attack?
5. What does Oda's story make Ayla realize?
6. Why does Brun decide to make the death curse temporary?
7. Why is the clan traveling?
8. Why does Broud become sexually interested in Ayla?
9. How does the girl stay warm at night?
10. Why is Ayla embarrassed as the clan begins its journey to the Clan Gathering?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)