|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What painkilling bark does Iza give Ayla for her fever and painful scratches?
2. What secret herbal medicine does Iza take to spite her mate?
(a) A fertility enhancer
(b) Birth control
(c) A weight reducer
(d) A memory enhancer
3. What does Ayla do at the sea that no one else knows how to do?
(a) She digs for clams.
(b) She catches fish with her bare hands.
(c) She swims.
(d) She wades in the shallow water.
4. Who is Broud and Oga's son?
5. What happens while the women are preparing the mammoth for the journey home?
(a) Brac gets too close to the herd and is trampled by mammoth.
(b) A hyena grabs Brac and carries him off.
(c) Brac falls into the rushing stream and nearly drowns.
(d) Brac wanders off and gets lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ayla want while the clan continues traveling?
2. Why does another lion chase the girl?
3. How does Ayla look at Creb?
4. What happens once she leaves the cave?
5. What does Ayla find while exploring?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ayla feel after the animal attack?
2. What does Creb tell Ayla about how she will know what her totem wants?
3. What is the punishment for a woman who touches a weapon?
4. What besides grief makes Ayla suffer?
5. How do the women treat Ayla after she returns?
6. Why does Brun decide to make the death curse temporary?
7. What does Brun realize when he sees the hyena's wounds?
8. Why does Ayla become the center of attention after the first female sturgeon is caught?
9. What did Ayla realize when she kills the porcupine?
10. What does Ayla focus on once cursed with death?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)