|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the young girl at the beginning of the book?
2. How do the clan members feel about Broud's abuse toward Ayla?
(a) Most believe the strange girl deserve the harsh treatment because of her differences.
(b) Few believe that Broud goes far enough in her punishment of her insolence.
(c) Most believe it is a test from Ayla's totem.
(d) Few approve of the lengths to which Broud uses to keep her in line
3. What must happen for Iza to stay at Creb's hearth?
(a) The spirits must give a sign at the cave ceremony.
(b) Her baby must be a girl.
(c) Brun must agree.
(d) The hunt must be successful.
4. How tall is the woman leading the women?
(a) Six and a half feet
(b) Four and a half feet
(c) Five and a half feet
(d) Three and a half feet
5. What is the girl doing before the earthquake?
(b) Playing with a friend
Short Answer Questions
1. What ceremony does Brun hope to include in the cave ceremony celebration?
2. When is the book set?
3. What does Ayla want while the clan continues traveling?
4. What does Iza make for Ayla, meaning that Ayla will become one of the clan?
5. What does Iza believe about Ayla's future?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ayla feel about the strange people caring for her?
2. Why does Brun feel sorrow about the events with Broud's race?
3. Why is Iza so happy about the news that she may stay at the Mog-ur's hearth?
4. What does everyone talk about instead?
5. How does Ayla act towards Broud after she returns?
6. How does Ayla finally begin to understand the clan language?
7. Brun wants Iza to leave the girl. Why?
8. How is Creb convinced that Ayla belongs with the clan now?
9. What does Iza speculate saved the girl from the cave lion attack?
10. What is Creb's unique ability?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)