|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the clan allow gestures of affection?
(c) In the boundaries of the fire only
(d) Only outside the cave
2. Who sends Ayla to get wood with the other children?
3. How do the clan members feel about Broud's abuse toward Ayla?
(a) Few approve of the lengths to which Broud uses to keep her in line
(b) Most believe the strange girl deserve the harsh treatment because of her differences.
(c) Most believe it is a test from Ayla's totem.
(d) Few believe that Broud goes far enough in her punishment of her insolence.
4. What direction does the cave face, making it an excellent selection for the clan's new home?
5. What does Ayla want while the clan continues traveling?
(a) She wants to learn to hunt.
(b) She wants to pick flowers for her new friends.
(c) She wants to run away.
(d) She wants to learn to find food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ayla do at the sea that no one else knows how to do?
2. What skill does Ayla have already that helps her learn to track animals?
3. Who is the Clan's spiritual leader?
4. What animal is Ayla's first true kill?
5. Why does Creb reprimand Ayla?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ayla realize when she kills the porcupine?
2. How does Ayla feel about the strange people caring for her?
3. Why does Broud become sexually interested in Ayla?
4. How does the girl stay warm at night?
5. What things does Creb consider when selecting a totem for a child?
6. Why does Ayla think she should be able to keep the baby?
7. What does Iza speculate saved the girl from the cave lion attack?
8. What does Oda's story make Ayla realize?
9. How does Ayla finally begin to understand the clan language?
10. Why does Brun send Ayla to find Creb when he falls behind on the journey home?
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)