|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brun do when Broud finally decides to rebuke Ayla for her insolence?
(a) Brun does nothing.
(b) Brun disowns Broud.
(c) Brun congratulates Broud for controlling his anger.
(d) Brun beats Broud.
2. What drives her to leave?
(b) Her sunburn
(c) Her wound
3. How tall is the woman leading the women?
(a) Three and a half feet
(b) Five and a half feet
(c) Four and a half feet
(d) Six and a half feet
4. Why does Brun decide to hunt mammoth, even though it is a risky undertaking?
(a) His lucky clan can afford the luxury of taking some time off to hunt mammoth.
(b) His hunters spy mammoth traveling farther south than usual.
(c) He wants to present mammoth gifts to the Clan Gathering host.
(d) He wants to stockpile food for the winter following the Clan Gathering.
5. What does the hunt indicate to the clan about the cave?
(a) The cave is a good place to stalk forest game.
(b) The spirits are happy with their new home.
(c) The clan will need to hunt all winter.
(d) The spirits want the clan to find a home closer to the steppes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the clan members differ from the girl?
2. Why does Iza stay at Creb's hearth?
3. What skill does Ayla have already that helps her learn to track animals?
4. What animal is Ayla's first true kill?
5. What secret herbal medicine does Iza take to spite her mate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Iza so happy about the news that she may stay at the Mog-ur's hearth?
2. What do the clan members believe about how babies are conceived?
3. How is Creb convinced that Ayla belongs with the clan now?
4. Why does Ayla ask to be cursed if Brun refuses to accept the baby?
5. What does everyone talk about instead?
6. Brun wants Iza to leave the girl. Why?
7. Why does Brun refrain from interfering in the battle of wills between Broud and Ayla?
8. Why is Ayla embarrassed as the clan begins its journey to the Clan Gathering?
9. Why does Ayla become the center of attention after the first female sturgeon is caught?
10. How do the clan members communicate?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)