|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction does the cave face, making it an excellent selection for the clan's new home?
2. Iza is old for her first pregnancy. How old is she?
3. What happens while the women are preparing the mammoth for the journey home?
(a) Brac gets too close to the herd and is trampled by mammoth.
(b) Brac falls into the rushing stream and nearly drowns.
(c) Brac wanders off and gets lost.
(d) A hyena grabs Brac and carries him off.
4. How long does the girl stay in the cave?
(a) A month
(b) A week
(c) All day, that night, and most of the next day
(d) Three days
5. What secret herbal medicine does Iza take to spite her mate?
(a) A memory enhancer
(b) A fertility enhancer
(c) Birth control
(d) A weight reducer
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the book set?
2. How tall is the woman leading the women?
3. What skill does Ayla have already that helps her learn to track animals?
4. What feature of Creb's hearth makes it especially ideal for him?
5. What kind of tools are women of the clan allowed to make?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Creb realize about Durc?
2. Why does Brun feel sorrow about the events with Broud's race?
3. How do the clan members communicate?
4. How does the girl stay warm at night?
5. Why does Ayla ask to be cursed if Brun refuses to accept the baby?
6. Why do many of the clan think it would be better if Ayla lost the baby?
7. What does Ayla decide while she is practicing with the sling?
8. How does Ayla finally begin to understand the clan language?
9. What does Ayla focus on once cursed with death?
10. Why are Brun and Broud and their mates relieved when they return to the cave?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)