|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Iza take Ayla to the other women?
(a) She must collect the sacred roots for the ceremony.
(b) Brun does not want Iza to get too attached to the child of the Others.
(c) She is worried Ayla will not be accepted.
(d) She must see the Mog-ur to prepare for the ceremony.
2. Why does Iza stay at Creb's hearth?
(a) Her mate does not want her because she gives him no children.
(b) The Mog-ur and medicine woman in each clan always share a hearth.
(c) Iza must stay at her sibling's hearth because her mate has died.
(d) It is her punishment for crossing the leader of the Clan.
3. Iza is old for her first pregnancy. How old is she?
4. How does Iza transport the unconscious girl?
(a) The men carry her
(b) In a leather carrying cloak on her hip
(c) On a stretcher
(d) On her back
5. Who is the leader of the Clan?
(b) The Mog-ur
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is destined to be Broud's mate?
2. What does Iza use for a medicine bag?
3. What does Ayla do at the sea that no one else knows how to do?
4. What does Ayla do when Creb reprimands her that worries him?
5. How tall is the woman leading the women?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ayla finally begin to understand the clan language?
2. How is Creb convinced that Ayla belongs with the clan now?
3. Why does Brun send Ayla to find Creb when he falls behind on the journey home?
4. What makes the girl blindly rush straight toward the herd of wild cows?
5. Why are Brun and Broud and their mates relieved when they return to the cave?
6. What did Ayla realize when she kills the porcupine?
7. What is the problem with Ayla forcing Brun to accept her child?
8. Why does Broud have Ayla cursed?
9. What does Ayla think about what Iza told her before she died?
10. What does Creb realize when he learns of Ayla's crime?
This section contains 1,248 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)