|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brun feel about Ayla during the winter of Broud's constant abuse of Ayla?
(a) Brun begins to respect Ayla.
(b) Brun believes she acts like a baby.
(c) Brun believes that Ayla will be a good example to Broud.
(d) Brun begins to wish he had never adopted her into the clan.
2. Why does Ayla take Uba to Oga for nursing?
(a) Iza's milk is drying up.
(b) Iza is injured.
(c) Iza is preparing for a cave ceremony.
(d) Iza has been cursed with death.
3. What does Iza use for a medicine bag?
(a) A cow's stomach
(b) A pliable hide
(c) An otter hide
(d) A bag made from flax fibers
4. Why does Brun decide to hunt mammoth, even though it is a risky undertaking?
(a) His hunters spy mammoth traveling farther south than usual.
(b) His lucky clan can afford the luxury of taking some time off to hunt mammoth.
(c) He wants to present mammoth gifts to the Clan Gathering host.
(d) He wants to stockpile food for the winter following the Clan Gathering.
5. How many days transpire between a clan child's birth and naming day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Droog give Ayla?
2. What happens once she leaves the cave?
3. Who is Broud and Oga's son?
4. What does Iza think is a usually a problem for women delivering babies?
5. How tall is the woman leading the women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Creb allowed to live after his difficult birth?
2. What causes the girl to run after the earthquake?
3. Why is the clan traveling?
4. Why are Brun and Broud and their mates relieved when they return to the cave?
5. What does the clan do with deformed babies?
6. Why do many of the clan think it would be better if Ayla lost the baby?
7. What does Ayla focus on once cursed with death?
8. Why is Iza so happy about the news that she may stay at the Mog-ur's hearth?
9. What does the girl do during the earthquake?
10. Why does Creb take Durc to the other women for nursing?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)