|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creb want to teach Ayla?
(a) How to make his arthritis medicine
(b) How to hunt
(c) How to communicate properly with signals
(d) How to be a Mog-ur
2. Who is destined to be Broud's mate?
3. What does Ayla do at the sea that no one else knows how to do?
(a) She digs for clams.
(b) She swims.
(c) She catches fish with her bare hands.
(d) She wades in the shallow water.
4. What does Iza think is a usually a problem for women delivering babies?
(a) The babies are born too soon.
(b) Not enough males are born.
(c) The babies' heads are too large.
(d) Not enough females are born.
5. How does Brun feel about Ayla during the winter of Broud's constant abuse of Ayla?
(a) Brun begins to wish he had never adopted her into the clan.
(b) Brun believes that Ayla will be a good example to Broud.
(c) Brun begins to respect Ayla.
(d) Brun believes she acts like a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to convince the clan to start allowing Ayla to help Iza practice medicine?
2. What men stay behind to protect the cave?
3. What happens to the shelter?
4. Why does Brun decide to hunt mammoth, even though it is a risky undertaking?
5. Why does Iza decide to teach Ayla medicine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the clan members believe about how babies are conceived?
2. What things does Creb consider when selecting a totem for a child?
3. Why does Brun feel sorrow about the events with Broud's race?
4. How does Ayla feel when she makes her first kill?
5. What did Ayla realize when she kills the porcupine?
6. Why does Ayla become the center of attention after the first female sturgeon is caught?
7. Why does Brun put off a decision about mating Ayla?
8. How does Ayla feel after the animal attack?
9. How does Ayla act towards Broud after she returns?
10. Why do many of the clan think it would be better if Ayla lost the baby?
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)