|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ayla act towards Broud after the beating?
(a) She scurries in fear to meet his every need.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She treats him with earned respect.
(d) She begins a campaign of petty insolence.
2. Who is the Clan's spiritual leader?
3. Why does Ayla take Uba to Oga for nursing?
(a) Iza's milk is drying up.
(b) Iza is preparing for a cave ceremony.
(c) Iza has been cursed with death.
(d) Iza is injured.
4. What does Ayla find when she is looking for a place to practice her sling skills?
(a) Men of the Others
(b) A small cave
(c) An abandoned baby
(d) A large supply of fresh flint
5. What does Iza think is a usually a problem for women delivering babies?
(a) Not enough males are born.
(b) The babies' heads are too large.
(c) Not enough females are born.
(d) The babies are born too soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creb want to teach Ayla?
2. Why does Oga stop being friends with Ayla?
3. What had Brun planned to do to with Iza before she rescued Ayla?
4. How do the clan members feel about Broud's abuse toward Ayla?
5. What direction does the cave face, making it an excellent selection for the clan's new home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Creb's argument for not cursing Ayla for almost trying to force Brun to accept the baby?
2. Brun wants Iza to leave the girl. Why?
3. Why does Broud have Ayla cursed?
4. What does everyone talk about instead?
5. How does Iza comfort Ayla when she gets upset after looking in the pool?
6. What things does Creb consider when selecting a totem for a child?
7. What did Ayla realize when she kills the porcupine?
8. What does Iza speculate saved the girl from the cave lion attack?
9. Why are Brun and Broud and their mates relieved when they return to the cave?
10. How did the woman in the legend have her deformed son accepted?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)