|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the clan members feel about Broud's abuse toward Ayla?
(a) Most believe it is a test from Ayla's totem.
(b) Few approve of the lengths to which Broud uses to keep her in line
(c) Few believe that Broud goes far enough in her punishment of her insolence.
(d) Most believe the strange girl deserve the harsh treatment because of her differences.
2. Who is the leader of the Clan?
(a) The Mog-ur
3. What painkilling bark does Iza give Ayla for her fever and painful scratches?
4. What does Brun do when Broud finally decides to rebuke Ayla for her insolence?
(a) Brun disowns Broud.
(b) Brun congratulates Broud for controlling his anger.
(c) Brun does nothing.
(d) Brun beats Broud.
5. What does Creb find in the cave that seals the Clan's acceptance of the space as their new home?
(a) A spring of clean water
(b) The skull of the cave bear
(c) Hyena droppings
(d) Roe deer bones
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill does Ayla have already that helps her learn to track animals?
2. What does Ayla do wrong when Broud hits her?
3. What must happen for Iza to stay at Creb's hearth?
4. Iza is old for her first pregnancy. How old is she?
5. Why does Creb have an ideal location in the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brun feel sorrow about the events with Broud's race?
2. Why does Ayla think she should be able to keep the baby?
3. Why does Brun decide to make the death curse temporary?
4. What does Broud envision about the combined cave ceremony and his manhood ceremony?
5. What does Creb realize about Durc?
6. Why does Ayla become the center of attention after the first female sturgeon is caught?
7. Why is Ayla embarrassed as the clan begins its journey to the Clan Gathering?
8. Why do the mog-urs finally decide to accept Ayla and let her make the special ceremonial drink?
9. What does Ayla realize about her son's deformity?
10. Why does Brun put off a decision about mating Ayla?
This section contains 1,242 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)