|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brun decide to hunt mammoth, even though it is a risky undertaking?
(a) He wants to present mammoth gifts to the Clan Gathering host.
(b) He wants to stockpile food for the winter following the Clan Gathering.
(c) His lucky clan can afford the luxury of taking some time off to hunt mammoth.
(d) His hunters spy mammoth traveling farther south than usual.
2. What does Creb want to teach Ayla?
(a) How to hunt
(b) How to be a Mog-ur
(c) How to communicate properly with signals
(d) How to make his arthritis medicine
3. Why does Oga stop being friends with Ayla?
(a) Oga decides that Ayla is too tall and ugly.
(b) Brun makes her stop befriending the child of the Others.
(c) Oga realizes that Ayla is much younger than her, even though they are the same size.
(d) Oga will be mated to Broud, and Oga can see that Broud hates Ayla.
4. Why does Ayla start paying attention to Zoug?
(a) She wants to watch him make slings.
(b) Brun tells Ayla to pay attention to Zoug.
(c) She wants to please Creb, who suggests Zoug might be a good mate for her.
(d) She feels bad for him because his mate died.
5. What does Grod bring to help with the examination of the cave?
(a) His hunting spear
(b) A sacred bear skin
(c) His bola
(d) A torch
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hunt indicate to the clan about the cave?
2. What kind of tools are women of the clan allowed to make?
3. What is the girl doing before the earthquake?
4. What does Ayla do that makes Creb bond with her?
5. What does Iza make for Ayla, meaning that Ayla will become one of the clan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Broud have Ayla cursed?
2. What does the girl do during the earthquake?
3. What is the punishment for a woman who touches a weapon?
4. Why is Ayla embarrassed as the clan begins its journey to the Clan Gathering?
5. How does Ayla feel after the animal attack?
6. What is the problem with Ayla forcing Brun to accept her child?
7. Why does Ayla ask to be cursed if Brun refuses to accept the baby?
8. What makes the girl blindly rush straight toward the herd of wild cows?
9. What does everyone talk about instead?
10. Why do the mog-urs of the other clans decide not to have the special ceremonial drink?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)