|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the book set?
(a) Less than 6,000 years ago
(b) Less than 1,000 years ago
(c) More than 50,000 years ago
(d) At least 25,000 years ago
2. What does Droog give Ayla?
(a) His toolmaking kit
(b) Some extra tools created when making his hand axe
(c) His hammerstone
(d) A bone hammer for finishing tools
3. Why does Brun reprimand Broud?
(a) Broud is pestering the women too much.
(b) Broud is taunting Ayla.
(c) Broud is being lazy.
(d) Broud is beating Vorn.
4. What men stay behind to protect the cave?
(a) Broud and Vorn
(b) Zoug and Dorv
(c) Creb and Goov
(d) Grod and Brun
5. How do the clan members differ from the girl?
(a) They have tall, long foreheads with lots of blond hair.
(b) They have slight but powerful muscles.
(c) They have long, thin bones that make them tall and thin.
(d) They have a short, thick neck that supports their long, large flat heads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does another lion chase the girl?
2. What else does the girl do as she runs away from the terrifying earthquake?
3. What kind of tools are women of the clan allowed to make?
4. Who is the leader of the Clan?
5. What happens to convince the clan to start allowing Ayla to help Iza practice medicine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ayla feel after the animal attack?
2. Why does Ayla ask to be cursed if Brun refuses to accept the baby?
3. Why does Brun send Ayla to find Creb when he falls behind on the journey home?
4. Why does Brun refrain from interfering in the battle of wills between Broud and Ayla?
5. Why do the mog-urs of the other clans decide not to have the special ceremonial drink?
6. Why does Ayla think she should be able to keep the baby?
7. Why does Brun put off a decision about mating Ayla?
8. What makes the girl blindly rush straight toward the herd of wild cows?
9. Brun wants Iza to leave the girl. Why?
10. What did Ayla realize when she kills the porcupine?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)