|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the girl stay in the cave?
(a) A month
(b) A week
(c) Three days
(d) All day, that night, and most of the next day
2. Why is Iza the leader of the women?
(a) She is the oldest woman.
(b) She is medicine woman.
(c) She is the leader's mate.
(d) She is the leader's sibling.
3. Iza is old for her first pregnancy. How old is she?
4. What does Ayla do that reveals her secret skill?
(a) She kills a mammoth.
(b) She tracks Brac through the woods and finds him.
(c) She jumps into the stream and saves him from drowning.
(d) She kills the hyena.
5. What idea does Ayla get when thinking about the attack?
(a) She decides that she is ready for larger game.
(b) She decides that she cannot hunt meat eaters after all.
(c) She decides to learn to use the bola instead.
(d) She decides to try to learn to fling two stones from the sling in quick succession.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature of Creb's hearth makes it especially ideal for him?
2. Who sends Ayla to get wood with the other children?
3. After Broud beats Ayla, what does Brun threaten?
4. Where do the lion's claws mark the girl with four parallel gashes?
5. What does Iza give Ayla before the mammoth hunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brun decide to make the death curse temporary?
2. Brun wants Iza to leave the girl. Why?
3. How does Ayla finally begin to understand the clan language?
4. What is the problem with Ayla forcing Brun to accept her child?
5. Why was Creb allowed to live after his difficult birth?
6. How does Ayla feel about the strange people caring for her?
7. How did the woman in the legend have her deformed son accepted?
8. What is the punishment for a woman who touches a weapon?
9. What does the girl do during the earthquake?
10. What does Oda's story make Ayla realize?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)