|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ayla start paying attention to Zoug?
(a) She feels bad for him because his mate died.
(b) She wants to please Creb, who suggests Zoug might be a good mate for her.
(c) Brun tells Ayla to pay attention to Zoug.
(d) She wants to watch him make slings.
2. Who is Broud and Oga's son?
3. What does Iza believe about Ayla's future?
(a) She believes that Ayla will be one of the best medicine women because she has a gift.
(b) She believes that Ayla will have no status because she is ugly and will not have a mate.
(c) She believes that Ayla will be mated to a clan leader.
(d) She believes that Ayla will leave the clan when Broud becomes leader.
4. Why does Droog allow Ayla to watch him make the tools for the mammoth hunt?
(a) He wants to spite Broud, whose comments about old men have made Droog angry.
(b) He believes her presence will bring him luck.
(c) Creb suggests to him that she would make Droog a good mate.
(d) He wants her to be available to get him water if he needs it.
5. Where does the clan allow gestures of affection?
(b) Only outside the cave
(d) In the boundaries of the fire only
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Brun's mate?
2. What most influences the leader to let Iza help the girl?
3. How do the clan members differ from the girl?
4. Who sends Ayla to get wood with the other children?
5. How many days transpire between a clan child's birth and naming day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Brun wants Iza to leave the girl. Why?
2. What does Creb realize when he learns of Ayla's crime?
3. Why does Brun put off a decision about mating Ayla?
4. What is the problem with Ayla forcing Brun to accept her child?
5. What besides grief makes Ayla suffer?
6. How is Creb convinced that Ayla belongs with the clan now?
7. How does the girl stay warm at night?
8. How does the clan feel about Ayla staring as she learns the language?
9. How did the woman in the legend have her deformed son accepted?
10. How does Ayla feel when she makes her first kill?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)