|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iza use for a medicine bag?
(a) An otter hide
(b) A bag made from flax fibers
(c) A cow's stomach
(d) A pliable hide
2. Who is destined to be Broud's mate?
3. What does Ayla do wrong when Broud hits her?
(a) She hits back.
(b) She cries out.
(c) She gets his tea quickly.
(d) She leaves.
4. What secret herbal medicine does Iza take to spite her mate?
(a) A weight reducer
(b) A fertility enhancer
(c) A memory enhancer
(d) Birth control
5. Why does Iza believe her healing magic will work on the child of the Others?
(a) The Clan leader demands that she try to save the child.
(b) Her knowledge of healing includes different procedures for the two races of humans.
(c) Her trainer prepared her for such a possibility.
(d) Her mother had healed a man of the Others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iza believe about Ayla's future?
2. Why does Iza take Ayla to the other women?
3. What had Brun planned to do to with Iza before she rescued Ayla?
4. What happens while the clan is herding the fish into the net?
5. What does Ayla want while the clan continues traveling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Iza so happy about the news that she may stay at the Mog-ur's hearth?
2. Why does Brun feel sorrow about the events with Broud's race?
3. How does Iza comfort Ayla when she gets upset after looking in the pool?
4. What does everyone talk about instead?
5. Why does Broud become sexually interested in Ayla?
6. What do the clan members believe about how babies are conceived?
7. Why does Ayla ask to be cursed if Brun refuses to accept the baby?
8. What does Creb tell Ayla about how she will know what her totem wants?
9. Why does Broud cuff Ayla?
10. How does Ayla feel when she makes her first kill?
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)