|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ceremony does Brun hope to include in the cave ceremony celebration?
(a) Broud's manhood ceremony
(b) The ceremony to mate Iza and Creb
(c) The ceremony to make Grod new Mog-ur
(d) The ceremony to make Ayla one of the clan
2. What does Ayla find while exploring?
(a) A perfect cave for the clan
(b) Another one of the Others
(c) A herd of easy prey for the hunters
(d) A dead cave lion
3. Why does Oga stop being friends with Ayla?
(a) Brun makes her stop befriending the child of the Others.
(b) Oga will be mated to Broud, and Oga can see that Broud hates Ayla.
(c) Oga realizes that Ayla is much younger than her, even though they are the same size.
(d) Oga decides that Ayla is too tall and ugly.
4. Why does Iza stay at Creb's hearth?
(a) The Mog-ur and medicine woman in each clan always share a hearth.
(b) Her mate does not want her because she gives him no children.
(c) Iza must stay at her sibling's hearth because her mate has died.
(d) It is her punishment for crossing the leader of the Clan.
5. What does Iza make for Ayla, meaning that Ayla will become one of the clan?
(a) A medicine bag
(b) A lynx coat
(c) An amulet
6. Why does Creb reprimand Ayla?
(a) Ayla is pestering Iza too much.
(b) Ayla is being lazy.
(c) Ayla is being discourteous by looking at other people's conversations.
(d) Ayla is drawing counting marks in the sand.
7. Who is Brun's mate?
8. What feature of Creb's hearth makes it especially ideal for him?
(a) The lack of sunlight keeps it from getting too hot.
(b) It is right next to the opening of the sacred ceremonial cave.
(c) It is right next to the outdoor spring of fresh water.
(d) An outcropping of stone protects him from the winds.
9. Why does Brun reprimand Broud in the clearing?
(a) For messing up the ceremony
(b) For trying to teach Vorn to use the sling
(c) For lashing out at Zoug in anger
(d) For being lazy
10. Who is the leader of the Clan?
(c) The Mog-ur
11. Why does Iza decide to teach Ayla medicine?
(a) She wants revenge on her cruel former mate.
(b) She fears that she will not be able to take care of Creb much longer.
(c) She fears that her medicine line will die with her.
(d) She believes that Ayla will be too ugly to find a mate, so she needs status in her own right.
12. Why does another lion chase the girl?
(a) The mother lion wants weak prey for her cubs to learn to kill.
(b) The small girl is a perfect meal for the lions.
(c) The girl ventures too close to the newborn lion cubs.
(d) The lion's kill is threatened.
13. How does Iza transport the unconscious girl?
(a) In a leather carrying cloak on her hip
(b) The men carry her
(c) On her back
(d) On a stretcher
14. Where does Ayla begin hiding her sling as she learns to hunt?
(a) In the hazelnut bushes in front of her cave
(b) In her collecting basket
(c) In the folds of her wrap
(d) In her shoes
15. Why does Broud constantly harass Ayla?
(a) It is his way of teasing her because he likes her.
(b) He wants to make her pay for threatening his manhood.
(c) He wants to prove to Brun that he will make a good leader.
(d) He wants to gain respect of his mate, Oga.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many members does the clan have after losing some in the earthquake?
2. How do the clan members feel about Broud's abuse toward Ayla?
3. What had Brun planned to do to with Iza before she rescued Ayla?
4. What drives her to leave?
5. What do the older men use to hunt small animals?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)