|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the lion's claws mark the girl with four parallel gashes?
(a) Her right thigh
(b) Her left thigh
(c) Her left arm
(d) Her back
2. Why does another lion chase the girl?
(a) The girl ventures too close to the newborn lion cubs.
(b) The lion's kill is threatened.
(c) The mother lion wants weak prey for her cubs to learn to kill.
(d) The small girl is a perfect meal for the lions.
3. Why does Oga stop being friends with Ayla?
(a) Oga realizes that Ayla is much younger than her, even though they are the same size.
(b) Oga will be mated to Broud, and Oga can see that Broud hates Ayla.
(c) Oga decides that Ayla is too tall and ugly.
(d) Brun makes her stop befriending the child of the Others.
4. What skill does Ayla have already that helps her learn to track animals?
(a) She walks quietly and stealthily to avoid attracting attention.
(b) She is demure and docile towards the men.
(c) She knows how to make tools from flint.
(d) She observes small details that differentiate plants for medicinal use.
5. What happens to convince the clan to start allowing Ayla to help Iza practice medicine?
(a) She helps deliver Ovra's premature baby.
(b) She treats Zoug for a vicious beating from Broud.
(c) She treats Creb for a bad burn.
(d) She helps Iza remove Creb's rotten tooth.
6. What do the older men use to hunt small animals?
(c) A sling
(d) Bows and arrows
7. Who is Broud and Oga's son?
8. What happens to the shelter?
(a) The earth splits open and swallows it.
(b) It washes away in a flood.
(c) The earthquake causes a fire that burns it.
(d) It is struck by lightning.
9. What direction does the cave face, making it an excellent selection for the clan's new home?
10. What is Broud's totem?
(a) Cave Bear
(b) Wooly Mammoth
(c) Cave Lion
(d) Wooly Rhinoceros
11. How does Brun feel about Ayla during the winter of Broud's constant abuse of Ayla?
(a) Brun believes she acts like a baby.
(b) Brun begins to wish he had never adopted her into the clan.
(c) Brun begins to respect Ayla.
(d) Brun believes that Ayla will be a good example to Broud.
12. What does Ayla do that makes Creb bond with her?
(a) She gives him flowers.
(b) She tries to tell him her name.
(c) She tugs his beard.
(d) She touches his scarred face without inhibition.
13. Iza is old for her first pregnancy. How old is she?
14. Who sends Ayla to get wood with the other children?
15. Who is Brun's mate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Creb reprimand Ayla?
2. What is the name of the man from the legend who leaves his clan instead of waiting for the Mog-ur with the rest of the people?
3. How does Ayla look at Creb?
4. Why does Iza decide to teach Ayla medicine?
5. What ceremony does Brun hope to include in the cave ceremony celebration?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)