1. When is the book set?
At least 25,000 years ago
2. How old is the young girl at the beginning of the book?
3. What is the girl doing before the earthquake?
4. What kind of shelter does the girl's family have?
A hide-covered lean-to
5. What happens to the shelter?
The earth splits open and swallows it.
6. What else does the girl do as she runs away from the terrifying earthquake?
She stops to drink from the stream when thirsty or for a feeling of fullness when hungry.
This section contains 6,194 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)