|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ceremony does Brun hope to include in the cave ceremony celebration?
(a) The ceremony to make Grod new Mog-ur
(b) Broud's manhood ceremony
(c) The ceremony to mate Iza and Creb
(d) The ceremony to make Ayla one of the clan
2. What does Broud do that shocks Ayla when he finds her alone?
(a) He attacks her.
(b) He beats her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He gives her the signal for sex.
3. What does Ayla remember Zoug saying about killing animals that are meat eaters?
(a) If you miss a meat eater with the sling, you can always follow up with a spear thrust.
(b) Animals like a lynx or larger are easy to kill with a sling.
(c) Meat eaters are the best food for winter.
(d) It is better to kill them with a sling because you do not have to get so close.
4. Why does Ayla start paying attention to Zoug?
(a) She wants to watch him make slings.
(b) She feels bad for him because his mate died.
(c) Brun tells Ayla to pay attention to Zoug.
(d) She wants to please Creb, who suggests Zoug might be a good mate for her.
5. What does Creb do when he sees Ayla?
(a) He falls to the ground, fainting from fear of her spirit.
(b) He runs to his small annex to see if the curse is over.
(c) He throws his arm around her and hugs her in spite of customs about emotions.
(d) He does not see her; he believes the curse is still in effect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ayla do that reveals her secret skill?
2. How does Ayla believe she has made the right decision about learning to hunt?
3. How does Creb begin the ceremony?
4. Where do the lion's claws mark the girl with four parallel gashes?
5. What is Ayla's punishment for her defiance?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)