|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the hunt indicate to the clan about the cave?
(a) The spirits are happy with their new home.
(b) The spirits want the clan to find a home closer to the steppes.
(c) The cave is a good place to stalk forest game.
(d) The clan will need to hunt all winter.
2. What does Creb want to teach Ayla?
(a) How to make his arthritis medicine
(b) How to communicate properly with signals
(c) How to hunt
(d) How to be a Mog-ur
3. What kind of shelter does the girl's family have?
(a) A wood frame house
(b) A hide-covered lean-to
(c) A mud-covered hut
(d) A cave
4. What does Creb find in the cave that seals the Clan's acceptance of the space as their new home?
(a) Roe deer bones
(b) The skull of the cave bear
(c) Hyena droppings
(d) A spring of clean water
5. How does Ayla keep track of the time during her curse?
(a) She collects bones from the animals she kills.
(b) She counts the days on her fingers.
(c) She makes a notch in a stick every night.
(d) She draws pictures of the phases of the moon on her cave wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many members does the clan have after losing some in the earthquake?
2. How does Ayla come out of her depression?
3. What instruction does Ayla get during her womanhood curse?
4. Where does the clan allow gestures of affection?
5. Why does Iza take Ayla to the other women?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)