|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Creb have an ideal location in the cave?
(a) Because of his deformities
(b) Because his sibling is medicine woman
(c) Because of his unique position in the clan's hierarchy
(d) Because he has arthritis
2. What does Ayla do when Creb reprimands her that worries him?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She lashes out in anger.
(c) She cries tears.
(d) She hugs him.
3. What feature of Creb's hearth makes it especially ideal for him?
(a) It is right next to the outdoor spring of fresh water.
(b) The lack of sunlight keeps it from getting too hot.
(c) It is right next to the opening of the sacred ceremonial cave.
(d) An outcropping of stone protects him from the winds.
4. Why does another lion chase the girl?
(a) The lion's kill is threatened.
(b) The small girl is a perfect meal for the lions.
(c) The girl ventures too close to the newborn lion cubs.
(d) The mother lion wants weak prey for her cubs to learn to kill.
5. What does Ayla do wrong when Broud hits her?
(a) She gets his tea quickly.
(b) She cries out.
(c) She leaves.
(d) She hits back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction does the cave face, making it an excellent selection for the clan's new home?
2. What must happen for Iza to stay at Creb's hearth?
3. How does Brun feel about Ayla during the winter of Broud's constant abuse of Ayla?
4. What idea does Ayla get when thinking about the attack?
5. What does Iza think is a usually a problem for women delivering babies?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)