|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Iza the leader of the women?
(a) She is medicine woman.
(b) She is the leader's sibling.
(c) She is the leader's mate.
(d) She is the oldest woman.
2. Why does Creb have an ideal location in the cave?
(a) Because he has arthritis
(b) Because of his unique position in the clan's hierarchy
(c) Because his sibling is medicine woman
(d) Because of his deformities
3. Why does Oga stop being friends with Ayla?
(a) Oga will be mated to Broud, and Oga can see that Broud hates Ayla.
(b) Oga decides that Ayla is too tall and ugly.
(c) Brun makes her stop befriending the child of the Others.
(d) Oga realizes that Ayla is much younger than her, even though they are the same size.
4. What does Grod bring to help with the examination of the cave?
(a) A torch
(b) A sacred bear skin
(c) His hunting spear
(d) His bola
5. What direction does the cave face, making it an excellent selection for the clan's new home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Iza is old for her first pregnancy. How old is she?
2. Why does Iza stop working while the women are winnowing grain?
3. Why does Iza decide to teach Ayla medicine?
4. What feature of Creb's hearth makes it especially ideal for him?
5. How many days transpire between a clan child's birth and naming day?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)