1. When is the book set?
(a) More than 50,000 years ago
(b) At least 25,000 years ago
(c) Less than 6,000 years ago
(d) Less than 1,000 years ago
2. How old is the young girl at the beginning of the book?
3. What is the girl doing before the earthquake?
(d) Playing with a friend
4. What kind of shelter does the girl's family have?
(a) A hide-covered lean-to
(b) A mud-covered hut
(c) A wood frame house
(d) A cave
5. What happens to the shelter?
(a) It is struck by lightning.
(b) It washes away in a flood.
(c) The earth splits open and swallows it.
(d) The earthquake causes a fire that burns it.
6. What else does the girl do as she runs away from the terrifying earthquake?
(a) She stops to nap during the day.
(b) She stops to cry for her mother.
(c) She stops to play with pebbles by the stream.
(d) She stops to drink from the stream when thirsty or for a feeling of fullness when hungry.
This section contains 6,194 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)