* While a five-year-old girl plays and swims, an earthquake strikes, swallowing up her family and home.
* The terrified girl runs away, following the river and drinking when thirsty or hungry.
* The girl covers herself with dirt to keep warm at night, but sleeps poorly from the nightmares of the remembered earthquake.
* The girl stumbles across a cave lion, and scrambles to a small hole to get away.
* The lion reaches into the hole with his paw, gashing the girl's leg.
* The girl stays in the cave until she finally must go back to the river for a drink.
* At the river, the girl loses consciousness.
* The clan has lost six members and its cave in the earthquake. They are searching for a new home.
* The medicine woman, Iza, finds the girl, unconscious by the river, ignored by the men of the clan.
* As, Iza tends to...
This section contains 3,096 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)