|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say a psychologist is in danger of forgetting?
(a) The variety of mankind.
(b) The power of sexism.
(c) The history of racism.
(d) The techniques for avoiding confrontation.
2. What is society based on, according to Freud?
(a) Common sacrifice.
(b) Development of laws.
(c) Religious prohibitions.
(d) Individual liberty.
3. What does Freud say wise men have ever warned against?
(c) Erotic love.
4. What does Freud say is the business of women?
(a) The work of religion.
(b) The extension of the family
(c) The business of community.
(d) The interests of the family.
5. How does Freud say “extra-genital forms of satisfaction” are “interdicted”?
(a) As crimes.
(b) As sins.
(c) As taboos.
(d) As perversions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature of culture characterizes it better than any other, according to Freud?
2. Where does the conscience’s severity originate, according to Freud?
3. What does Freud say is the only acceptable goal of marriage?
4. What objection does Freud raise, to this highest kind of love?
5. What forces does Freud say are balanced in animals, that they are not aware of cultural struggles?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)