|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the social consequence of this realization?
(a) Men started to work together.
(b) Men started to make offerings to gods.
(c) Clans started to fight each other.
(d) Men started to subjugate women.
2. What objection does Freud raise, to this highest kind of love?
(a) That there is no comparing types of love.
(b) That not all men are worthy of love.
(c) That erotic love surpasses it.
(d) That love changes as its object grows older.
3. How does Freud say his friend experiences religion?
(a) As a feeling of floating.
(b) As a feeling of being swindled.
(c) As a feeling of eternity.
(d) As a feeling of being cared for.
4. What does Freud say destructive behavior is directed outward?
(a) Because certain people deserve violence.
(b) To participate in the divine of act of creativity through violence.
(c) To protect the inner self.
(d) Because the state sanctions this.
5. What does Freud say we are typically quite sure of?
(a) The sensation of falling out of the world into dreams.
(b) The feeling of our own self.
(c) The feeling of a personal god.
(d) The feeling of being lost in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud says that people typically do not want to see human beings as innately cruel and destructive—What idea about human do they hold to instead?
2. What objection does Freud make against the Communist promise of economic equality?
3. What does Freud posit in the conclusion of Beyond the Pleasure Principle (1920)?
4. What question does Freud say this teaching omits?
5. What is the totemic stage of society based on, according to Freud’s Totem and Taboo?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)