|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say needs to be taken into account when considering the love one should have for neighbors and enemies?
(a) Mankind's need for divine grace.
(b) Humanity's original sin.
(c) Humankind’s innate trustfulness.
(d) Man's innate aggression.
2. Who does Freud say are the parents of human cultures?
(a) Chronos and Uranus.
(b) Demeter and Zeus.
(c) Eros and Ananke.
(d) Pan and Hades.
3. What is Freud’s first reaction to the notion that one should “love they neighbor as thyself”?
(a) He is blind to it, it is so familiar.
(b) He finds it unnatural.
(c) He is comforted by it.
(d) He is appalled by it.
4. What does Freud say a neighbor tempts a man to?
(a) Taboo sexual uses.
5. What is the second cause that increased men’s dissatisfaction with civilization?
(a) A knowledge of anatomy.
(b) A knowledge of neurosis.
(c) A knowledge of evolution.
(d) The scientific method.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the state of society in which couples are satisfied libidinally, and society is joined together through work and common interests?
2. Where does Freud say society sets up institutions to monitor behavior?
3. Which relation does Freud NOT list as evidence of the relations whose regulation constitutes civilization?
4. What effect do violent men have on society?
5. What does Freud say is the only branch of knowledge that can answer the question of the purpose of life?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)