|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the artist’s joy in creating, relative to other pleasures?
(c) More intense.
(d) Less realistic.
2. What is the second cause that increased men’s dissatisfaction with civilization?
(a) A knowledge of anatomy.
(b) A knowledge of evolution.
(c) The scientific method.
(d) A knowledge of neurosis.
3. Where does Freud say society sets up institutions to monitor behavior?
(a) In every city.
(b) In people’s minds.
(c) In every family.
(d) In every patriarch.
4. What does the infant fail to understand about the milk it receives from the breast?
(a) Whether it comes from within or from without.
(b) Whether it was a punishment or a gift.
(c) Whether it is renewable or finite.
(d) Why the mother would want to offer it to the infant
5. What does Freud say is the only acceptable goal of marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say was the first result of human culture?
2. When does Freud say we are most susceptible to suffering?
3. What does Freud say is the standard for sexual life in a civilization?
4. What animal does Freud say man is to his fellow man?
5. What does Freud say love seeks for?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)