|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud characterize the artist’s joy in creating, relative to other pleasures?
(c) More intense.
(d) Less realistic.
2. What assurance does Freud say men get from religion?
(a) A benign Providence watches them.
(b) A beneficent God has evolved alongside man.
(c) A force for good balances the forces for evil.
(d) That good and evil are predestined and unchangeable.
3. What does Freud say destructive behavior is directed outward?
(a) To participate in the divine of act of creativity through violence.
(b) To protect the inner self.
(c) Because certain people deserve violence.
(d) Because the state sanctions this.
4. What does Freud say we will never overcome?
5. What feature of culture characterizes it better than any other, according to Freud?
(a) The capacity for empathy and feeling.
(b) The emphasis on intellectual activities.
(c) The ability to efficiently control the masses.
(d) The ability to exploit natural resources.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say distinguishes the internal from the external, in the infant?
2. What does Freud say a psychologist is in danger of forgetting?
3. What does Freud say libido intersects with, at a certain point?
4. To whom are sexual frustrations intolerable, according to Freud?
5. What comparison does Freud make between the Devil and Jews?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)