|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud characterize women’s influence on civilization?
2. What does Freud’s friend say he wishes Freud appreciated more fully?
(a) The source of religious sentiments.
(b) Man’s ability to invent his gods.
(c) The reality of myths and gods.
(d) The danger of disbelief.
3. What does Freud say about the adult ego?
(a) That its development is still not accounted for.
(b) That it was probably intact, even in the child.
(c) That its development is inexplicable without religion.
(d) That it could not have been in the same state always.
4. How else does Freud’s friend characterize religion?
(a) A transcendent, unbounded experience.
(b) A purely personal experience.
(c) An impersonal, out-of-body experience.
(d) A mathematical certainty.
5. What source of energy does Freud say man uses up by investing in civilization?
(a) Intellectual energy.
(b) Sexual energy.
(c) Familial energy.
(d) Spiritual energy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say is the limit of Eros?
2. What does Freud say distinguishes happiness from troubles?
3. What does Freud say we are typically quite sure of?
4. What is Freud’s first reaction to the notion that one should “love they neighbor as thyself”?
5. Which development does Freud say is without prototype?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)