|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What supposition does Freud make about this structure’s relationship with the psyche?
(a) That its whole history still exists at once.
(b) That even its present structure is already a ruins.
(c) That its whole past has vanished except for the living moment.
(d) That a person could decide which layers of history to see.
2. What does Freud say about restrictions on sexual life if society is to be held together?
(a) They are not always necessary.
(b) They are necessary.
(c) They inhibit social cohesion.
(d) They can be replaced by other restrictions.
3. What animal does Freud say man is to his fellow man?
4. What does Freud quote the poet Schiller as saying make the world go round?
(a) Lust and shame.
(b) Bread and circuses.
(c) Fear and loathing.
(d) Hunger and love.
5. How does Freud characterize the impulse behind he injunction to love thy neighbor as thyself?
Short Answer Questions
1. What notion is it that “draws up the programme of life’s purpose” in Freud's account?
2. What does Freud say we are typically quite sure of?
3. What effect do violent men have on society?
4. What word does Freud use to characterize his friend’s religious feeling?
5. How does Freud ultimately characterize his friend’s religious feeling?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)