|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say this notion is in conflict with?
(a) Organized religion.
(b) All of reality.
(c) The history of religion.
(d) Man's conscience.
2. What does a person have who does not have science or art, according to the poet Freud?
3. What does Freud say is the most effective way to influence the body?
4. What assurance does Freud say men get from religion?
(a) A benign Providence watches them.
(b) A force for good balances the forces for evil.
(c) A beneficent God has evolved alongside man.
(d) That good and evil are predestined and unchangeable.
5. What does Freud say people wrongly think they want?
(a) Healthy adjustment to their environment.
(b) Control over the people around them.
(c) Inner peace and spiritual development.
(d) Power and success.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say is the best way to escape from discomfort?
2. What feature of culture characterizes it better than any other, according to Freud?
3. What does Freud say civilization could not survive without?
4. Who does Freud say we act like, when we substitute a wish-fulfillment for an unbearable aspect of the world?
5. What is the first cause that increased men’s dissatisfaction with civilization?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)