|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud say his friend experiences religion?
(a) As a feeling of floating.
(b) As a feeling of eternity.
(c) As a feeling of being swindled.
(d) As a feeling of being cared for.
2. What does a person who has science and art have, according to the poet Freud quotes?
3. What does Freud’s friend say he wishes Freud appreciated more fully?
(a) The danger of disbelief.
(b) The reality of myths and gods.
(c) Man’s ability to invent his gods.
(d) The source of religious sentiments.
4. How does Freud characterize religion?
5. What kinds of examples does Freud offer as examples of modern progress?
(a) Improvements in urban infrastructure.
(b) Medical improvements.
(c) Transportation improvements.
(d) Military improvements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say is the point of order and regulation?
2. What does Freud say we will never overcome?
3. What is the first purpose civilization serves, in Freud's account?
4. Where does Freud say the religious feeling comes from?
5. What does Freud say this notion is in conflict with?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)