|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second cause that increased men’s dissatisfaction with civilization?
(a) A knowledge of anatomy.
(b) A knowledge of evolution.
(c) The scientific method.
(d) A knowledge of neurosis.
2. What is the second purpose civilization serves, in Freud's account?
(a) Liberating man from the shackles of nature.
(b) Regulating relations between men.
(c) Making it possible to improve medical science.
(d) Reducing ignorance and prejudice.
3. What does Freud say civilization could not survive without?
4. What word does Freud use to characterize his friend’s religious feeling?
5. Which of the following is NOT a place Freud says suffering comes from?
(a) From our relations.
(b) From the outer world.
(c) From the spirit.
(d) From the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does fate lose its power over men, according to Freud?
2. How does Freud ultimately characterize his friend’s religious feeling?
3. What does Freud say he has a hard time believing about his friend’s experience?
4. Which relation does Freud NOT list as evidence of the relations whose regulation constitutes civilization?
5. What does Freud say about his friend’s religious feeling?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)