|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud say is the point of order and regulation?
(a) Reducing anxiety.
(b) Reducing the effect of nature.
(c) Perfecting God's work.
(d) Increasing cleanliness.
2. What word does Freud use to characterize his friend’s religious feeling?
3. What does Freud say distinguishes happiness from troubles?
(a) We take it for granted.
(b) We view it subjectively.
(c) We view it objectively.
(d) We are always surprised by it.
4. Why does Freud say people are hostile toward civilization?
(a) Because it makes promises it cannot fulfill.
(b) Because it is imposed from without.
(c) Because it is antagonistic to nature.
(d) Because it is an obstacle to religion.
5. What does Freud say about the adult ego?
(a) That it could not have been in the same state always.
(b) That its development is inexplicable without religion.
(c) That its development is still not accounted for.
(d) That it was probably intact, even in the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freud say is the best way to escape from discomfort?
2. What does Freud say we will never overcome?
3. What question does Freud say no one asks?
4. What does Freud say is the danger of intoxication?
5. What is society based on, according to Freud?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)